Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Good Air Compressor

Default Good Air Compressor

I’ve a large shed fully decked out as a workshop. But only had a Supercheap Black Ridge 40ltr direct drive 180 LPM and it was noisy ass, but it has served well. I use these gadgets almost everyday if not everyday.

Well I upgraded to an All Tools Iron Air 15amp 3 hp belt drive low rpm low noise triple head pump. Filtered regulator, 145 psi, 320 lpm air flow with accessories wall mounted above it and retractable hose. Have another Supercheap A/Comp in the house garage too.

The Iron Air is an absolute beast and makes the Super Cheap unit look like something one gets out of a Xmas Bon Bon.

Got it on the EFY promo trade night, got free beer, half a large pizza and a $200 store gift card to spend within a year. Great deal.
    Going to be more fun cleaning business gear/filters/gearboxes, motors, pumping tyres, etc now.

https://www.totaltools.com.au/air-to...air-compressor

Seriously, get yourselves an air compressor if you don’t have. Better still get if there’s a few extra spare $$’s get a great one.
    Cheers Garry

Default Re: Good Air Compressor

Impressive ................
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yep, love it. Instead of 60ltr tank, could have got 90 ltr for $50 more as the 90ltr was on special. But it would have been an over kill for me and heavier again for my daughters to off load when I kick the bucket one day.
    If one doesn’t have 15 amp power, the 2.5 hp at 217 lpm air flow would be a fine machine too. I will regulate the pressure down to say 125 as 145 is kinda very high. Thus giving more tank run time along with the rapid tank time the 15amp 3 hp refills/tops up delivers.
    The $100 cheaper 2.5hp would be a impressive unit too.

BJ, thanks for uploading the picture, in the model number the S3 means it’s series 3. The series 1 was floored with issues, series 2 better and series 3 all sorted and the dealer network proud to sell them. In the very noisy red tank models I noticed they had a superseded model to maybe avoid.

I can see another shed day about to happen with the Coonara log fire going with footy on the TV over a coldie or two. (Sunday)
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    I’ve a large shed fully decked out as a workshop. But only had a Supercheap Black Ridge 40ltr direct drive 180 LPM and it was noisy ass, but it has served well. I use these gadgets almost everyday if not everyday.

Well I upgraded to an All Tools Iron Air 15amp 3 hp belt drive low rpm low noise triple head pump. Filtered regulator, 145 psi, 320 lpm air flow with accessories wall mounted above it and retractable hose. Have another Supercheap A/Comp in the house garage too.

The Iron Air is an absolute beast and makes the Super Cheap unit look like something one gets out of a Xmas Bon Bon.

Got it on the EFY promo trade night, got free beer, half a large pizza and a $200 store gift card to spend within a year. Great deal.
    Going to be more fun cleaning business gear/filters/gearboxes, motors, pumping tyres, etc now.

https://www.totaltools.com.au/air-to...air-compressor

Seriously, get yourselves an air compressor if you don’t have. Better still get if there’s a few extra spare $$’s get a great one.
    I recently updated to a McMillan 2.5 HP with similar specs. Have a very old McMillan 2.2HP I picked up as a very well used machine in the second garage at the old house.
    Gotta have a reasonable one if you have if you have a bit of gear

Yep, McMillan are the "Ducks Nuts Model" , but $500 dearer in 3hp. Couldn't justify the further expense and the 2.5hp McMillian was $300 dearer than mine. So l've got the Lexus Model air compressor in the garage, not the shinny Bentley you've got.
    Plus I had to consider, I'll need to buy a new Honda powered Mulchmaster any week now as mine is worn out puffing more smoke than Puffing Billy on start up and its gearbox is knackered with more $$'s to spend. (May put that into next F/Year.)

A very good friend of mine who's now a Melb Jim's, introduced me to the world of air compressors many years ago, just took a while to get a much better one.
    Cheers Garry