Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capel Sound/ Rosebud 28/06/19

Default Re: Capel Sound/ Rosebud 28/06/19

Guess 33 yrs in my old career with 28yrs of that being responsible for $28M per yr and some times $260M per yr, we had very strict rules that were astutely Audited for daily 24/7 compliance re CCTV & Alarm sectors armed, all day long and night including alarms notified back home. It was a pain in ars* job as mentioned.. But I had that for a fair wack of my life being used to having that stuff in my face.

My neighbour casualty said to me after the Feral in our street incident, time to "Get Real Gear" as a joke. He had contacts and I said organise it, as I was leaving with the van for Bate Man's Bay. Got the Quote, fine tuned it (spec'd higher) and thought, yer why not.
    2.5 wks later it was installed.

The systems are very discrete (not Armagauard Depo Robo type stuff), but highly functional and can even operate it from the car coming up the road, in the car one can check system status, disarm or arm or perimeter seal and open roller door if you were keen enough.
    As a minor thing one does get small discounts on several insurance policies.

In this day and age, it's a great thing to have with our town having a real drug problem that was in the Heraldsun 5wks back, yes installed at a cost.
    A very nice luxury house overlooking the city on the hill side diagonally behind us got broken into at night 7wks back. It's nice to know we have perimeter seal alarm activated whilst asleep + G/Retriever inside and multi located duress buttons/functions within the house and beside the beds.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    My Akitas hope for the day someone actually jumps the fence or breaks into the house.

I don't need a phone or screen to see where they are! I have a pretty good idea where they are. My dogs know exactly where they are!!!
    You know when its serious if they get past the dog/dogs.

We have cameras installed now, being a rental I wasn't really looking forward to asking the RE permission to install. After having my tools stolen, I didn't even ask, just got some and put them up, deal with any issues further down the track if they arise.

Unfortunately for the area it doesn't look like it was a one off as there has been constant posts on facebook of ppl on properties in the early am and more tools stolen, cars being broken into/ransacked and even entry to homes while ppl are sleeping inside, then knocking off the cars with the keys.

Haven't heard anything about my tools or any offenders being caught, not really expecting too. I'll keep battling on through these slow/cold weeks and should be able to replace everything just as it starts to fire up again for Spring.

It certainly p*sses one off and leaves a sour note etched in the mind as I can tell by your post and from my own experiences. I spend so much time locking throughout my working day at jobs and never have the large full height side tool opening panel up when people are passing.
    But you never know what can happen once your outsight ie in a backyard or a group of young ones assault you whilst passing to get your gear.

Bloke up my way had his whole tandem trailer n gear and hilux driven off whilst he was on a job with the rig parked in the Commercial job's carpark. It was a busy hi profile main street too.

That outboard motor I had go was a 9.9hp Johnson Aux I used for backup on Port Phillip Bay, went straight down to Gales Marine Edithvale at the time and bought a replacement asap to try and take the mind off it missing.
    Camera's once installed are just so good and I do have a small privacy blockout frame set on one camera.

Bugger of a time Brett to be replacing gear with little work/income flows over winter, chin up mate.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO View Post
    You know when its serious if they get past the dog/dogs.
    At least I would hear the shotgun!!

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    At least I would hear the shotgun!!
    Mate they wont have a chance to aim with Pablo.
    Cheers Astro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12