Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Young Generation and Travel

Default Young Generation and Travel

My youngest daughter now 26 is off again to live across Europe for an unscheduled period, at least a yr. Has British and Au passports.
    Already has racked up 45 countries with many of those visited twice.

2 yrs ago Christmas/New Year she had a couple weeks off work. So she said I want to go somewhere, in our day that would have been camping on the Rosebud foreshore or by a river somewhere inland.
    Not these days it was a quick jet over to Hong Kong
    Last quick trip was Singapore.

Well tomorrow its a flight to Gibraltar.
    At least this time she won't be backpacking solo but Airbnb'ing with her partner who's a good young local chap who has travelled the world fully.

It's sad to say Goodbye as I've done tonight.
    Certainly different times than when I was young as Bali might have been just about it or a Fairstar Cruise to the Pacific.
    Cheers Garry

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Young Generation and Travel

I know how you feel we just said goodbye to my son who has gone to live in the UK for work maybe 2years maybe longer if he wants and my daughter and son in law go to Italy every year and going to the USA (3or4 time) next year for 6months then Xmas in Italy
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    I know how you feel we just said goodbye to my son who has gone to live in the UK
    Yep, ian you know it all too well.
    I have a sad/lost feeling tonight that will bog me down tomorrow whilst mowing with the 216. With a late night tomorrow as I watch her 11.00pm flight take off and travel a bit on Flight Tracker.
    Both my daughters are doing very very well with the other living locally.
    Youngest asked me to fly over to London for a couple of weeks to met up on her last adventure and I gave it some thought.
    This time the thought can't be entertained as my wife can't be left by herself now.
    Cheers Garry

Very Helpful Member

On the plus side with today's technology my son or his wife have rung everyday so we know how things are going and we are hoping /planningv on going over for a visit and a bit of a European holiday next year which should work well our winter their summer, plus my son has a lot of Qantas points he can't use now so we should be able to upgrade to either premium economy or business class depending on what we book
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Hope the opportunity falls into place for the Euro trip for you/wife and get an UPGRADE on the flight. What a break away from this game that would be.
    Cheers Garry

Yes my daughter has already done about 6 overseas trips in the last 3 years, I have only managed one in my 60 years on the planet. Times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    I have only managed one in my 60 years on the planet. Times have changed.
    Yep, I've only had the Fairstar Funship experience for 14'days which was great.

My daughters 1st trip to Europe at 21, 5 yrs back and she gets her luggage (backpack) lost by Emirates and robbed 3 days after arrival by a highly rated hostal's staff member gaining 16 transactions of 200 pounds each via her second travel card.
    After returning home and smarter for the experience, 6mths later she went back for 6mths and the rest is history. so now she is what I call a professional traveller.
    At least she has her partner now and that gives me so much less worry.

Best I go out and mow another lawn.

Edit brother's boarding a APT River cruise in Cambodia heading to Saigon as I speak. last Sept he did similar cruise but leaving Saigon and headed up current.

Yep, hard to concentrate mowing lawns for the moment whilst family are living it up.
    Cheers Garry