Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whipper Snipper Line

Default Re: Whipper Snipper Line

2mm Diamond Edge cuts like a filleting knife, its a pleasure to use, more flexable and forgiving it doesnt dig in and scalp when horizontal trimming, you can go faster and take less care doing verts as it will follow the groove and doesnt produce a waiver edge a aggressive size line can,

not really suiitible for heavy kikuyu edges. but when the kikuyu to slows down i can run it for 6 months of the year.

Using different lines for different seasons can make you alot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    2mm Diamond Edge cuts like a filleting knife, its a pleasure to use, more flexable and forgiving it doesnt dig in and scalp when horizontal trimming, you can go faster and take less care doing verts as it will follow the groove and doesnt produce a waiver edge a aggressive size line can,

not really suiitible for heavy kikuyu edges. but when the kikuyu to slows down i can run it for 6 months of the year.

yeah I run different lines too.
    Most of my work it maintenance so not much need for heavy cord.
    Run 2.7mm Trailblazer in heavy growth on kikuyu etc. Maybe for light slashing
    Run 3.3mm Diamond edge for slashing we do on some jobs twice yearly etc with 35 - 50 cc whippies
    2.4mm Trailblazer much of the growing season down to 2mm Trailblazer for off season on all whippies
    Only run 2mm Trailblazer on the battery whippy

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post

yeah I run different lines too.
    Most of my work it maintenance so not much need for heavy cord.
    Run 2.7mm Trailblazer in heavy growth on kikuyu etc. Maybe for light slashing
    Run 3.3mm Diamond edge for slashing we do on some jobs twice yearly etc with 35 - 50 cc whippies
    2.4mm Trailblazer much of the growing season down to 2mm Trailblazer for off season on all whippies
    Only run 2mm Trailblazer on the battery whippy

No problem with any of my Trailblazer lines - have heaps of 2, 2.4, 2.7

Very Helpful Member

saw this yesterday don't know if anyones interested a bit thick for me to use http://www.amazon.com.au/Oregon-22-8...222200&sr=8-33 also if the new line is a bit stiff try soaking it in water for a day I soak all mine when I first get them and over summer I will rotate a 1/2 roll with another one that has soaked for a couple of days
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12