Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Rover procut 50 replacement motor

Default Rover procut 50 replacement motor

Hi all,the centre bolt for the blade has sheared and now the threads are stuffed,I dont know if rethreading it would be a long term solution?anyway maybe its easier to just replace the motor..is there a cheaper motor that will fit?or what would be the best thing to do with it?
    The same thing happened to my sp procut 50 so now I have 2 mowers out of action!😳

Default Re: Rover procut 50 replacement motor

If it was mine i'd weld the boss onto the shaft and use the 3 outer bolts to hold disc in place and i would do a small weld in the center part of the disc where the bolt would be.Weld it properly and you'll be fine,if your not confided take it to a fab shop to get it welded.

Good idea beettle!but would this mean I have to grind the weld off the disc every time to change the blades or just put up with changing them while still on the mower?

Quote Originally Posted by irishjim View Post
    Good idea beettle!but would this mean I have to grind the weld off the disc every time to change the blades or just put up with changing them while still on the mower?
    put up with changing them while still on the mower
    Keeps the motor going and it's a fix for the other motor too.The biggest loss is having to replace the boss and disc,probably around $80 all up per motor.
    Take the motor off,get the boss welded on.Re fit motor and fit disc then weld center of disc,good to go
    Check the length of the crankshaft hole,still might have some depth left for a longer bolt but you'll still have to get the boss welded for safer working condition.Use a new boss for a tighter fit.