Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Rover procut 50 replacement motor

Default Rover procut 50 replacement motor

Hi all,the centre bolt for the blade has sheared and now the threads are stuffed,I dont know if rethreading it would be a long term solution?anyway maybe its easier to just replace the motor..is there a cheaper motor that will fit?or what would be the best thing to do with it?
    The same thing happened to my sp procut 50 so now I have 2 mowers out of action!😳

Default Re: Rover procut 50 replacement motor

And now Ive just double posted and cant delete it!..��

You can fix stripped thread pretty easily if not too bad

You could take bolt into total tools or similar and buy a matching tap ... although sometimes similar price to buy a set like this :
    https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...ce/273686.html

If it's really damaged you can try something like this :
    https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...ce/533029.html

But in my experience from snapping off or cross threading a bolt, the tap worked fine

Very Helpful Member

The blade carrier bolt on a 197 snapped as far as i know the shop just removed it and put another bolt in I don't know if they had to rethread or not it was all done under warranty, bolt sheared on 1st lawn
    You could also check ebay or gumtree for a replacement engine all engines should be able to just bolt on to the chassis you will need to check the shaft length and diameter I think it maybe 70mm and 7/8th (22.2mm)
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you