Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Broken sprinkler riser/nipple removal

Default Broken sprinkler riser/nipple removal

Having noticed it getting harder to remove broken poly fittings out of PVC pipe lately I laid blame on my 5 year old riser removal tool (assumed it was worn down) and bought a new one. Only type I could find was a was a Pope verision and it hasn't made much difference. Anyone know of a better brand? I tried out Bunnings Garden Rain brand in store (took a sprinkler with a broken nipple inside) and I couldn't get it to budge. Neither could one of the staff.

Default Re: Broken sprinkler riser/nipple removal

You could try cutting the poly with a hacksaw blade.
    A little cutting then a little prying with a screwdriver should see it pop out.

Cheers Fred.

Very Helpful Member

if the tool isn't grabbing properly try lightly filing the edges to make them a bit sharper so they will grab easier without having to wedge in
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    You could try cutting the poly with a hacksaw blade.
    A little cutting then a little prying with a screwdriver should see it pop out.

Cheers Fred.
    Been doing that for quite a while actually. Well not with a hacksaw blade, my tool of choice is the humble steaknife.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    if the tool isn't grabbing properly try lightly filing the edges to make them a bit sharper so they will grab easier without having to wedge in
    Sounds like a job for my Corona Sharpening Tool.