Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Here is the exact reason people aren't making money

Default Here is the exact reason people aren't making money

With this sort of business pricing running around no wonder this industry is screwed,anyone who follows this trend and thinks they are in it for the long term is in for a surprise.

CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE LAWN MOWING SERVICE.
    we do Lawn mowing, weed spraying, edging, hedging, pruning and Windows cleaning
    Service Cost
    window cleaning starts from $3
    pruning starts from $10
    small lawn $10-$25
    large lawn $30-$40
    1 hour of all service $40
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adel...ing/1242542992

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Here is the exact reason people aren't making money

It's like the business for sale i saw not long ago advertised as something like "very very well priced 27 clients cut value $1100 most 3 weekly with some 4 weekly all year service includes light pruning, weeding and lawn mowing " I mean this is an average of just over $40 per cut in an area that I would say the average lawn should be priced at $50-60 not including any pruning and every 2 weeks at this time of the year. so more like very very under priced
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

laughable really......or on the dole/dis.pension & not real bright

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Those business's have always been around and are annoying. Lowering the pricing expectations of customers.
    I talk to some of these guys and find they end up working a lot for not much income. End up with the use and abuse type client. In the end becoming unhappy with the career choice and seek work elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    With this sort of business pricing running around no wonder this industry is screwed,anyone who follows this trend and thinks they are in it for the long term is in for a surprise.

CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE LAWN MOWING SERVICE.
    we do Lawn mowing, weed spraying, edging, hedging, pruning and Windows cleaning
    Service Cost
    window cleaning starts from $3
    pruning starts from $10
    small lawn $10-$25
    large lawn $30-$40
    1 hour of all service $40
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adel...ing/1242542992
    His game saying large lawn for $30-$40. Take out tax, take out fuel to get to the job and back, take out insurance, rego and every thing else he needs to pay for and the unforseen breakdown and the maintenace of vehicle and all those little engines and he might make $2.00. I could go on. Yeah why not. If he is not registered for GST there goes another %10 on all expenses. If he is registered for GST what about the paperwork, oh yeah and there is the time doing the invoicing and chasing up late payers. People who shop around don't seem to like paying money. And the ones who pay in cash with coins blah blah. Its called shooting yourself in the foot, better of staying home.

ah the beers kicking in........