Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

and if you have a partnership with your wife the other partner can get job seeker...we started to go through that and when it came near the end it said " have you or your partner have a fishing licence " WTF there was to much reporting for the job seeker so job keeper is so easy once a month report on turnover
    and happy just with that payment..

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    check the qualifying criteria as there is the basic 30% reduction and also another section with special circumstances which includes a provision for drought among other things,not sure how this works as I only noticed it when having a quick look this morning before going to work.It may also be worth working out if (in the interest of social distancing) you push some lawns out ie: instead of three mows in the April-June 1/4 you do two mows and the third goes into the 1st week of July then this will give you a 1/3 reduction for the quarter
    Thanks Ian. I just read that up and it looks like you can use an average monthly turnover figure to compare to. (Averaged over the previous 12 months). The drought/bushfire exceptions only come into it if you qualified for assistance at the time. If so, you can exclude the affected months from the averaging.

I would have qualified for the 30% reduction in April, except a couple of larger overdue Feb accounts were paid on 30th April. I use Cash Accounting.
    I should definitely qualify in May.

Hi Geoff, Yes I think I'll go with the quarterly estimate.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I use quarterly comparison/estimate I should get the assistance for April onward.
    Whereas if I go monthly, May will be the first month that I can show a 30% fall, so I only get assistance from May onward?

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Hi Geoff, Yes I think I'll go with the quarterly estimate.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I use quarterly comparison/estimate I should get the assistance for April onward.
    Whereas if I go monthly, May will be the first month that I can show a 30% fall, so I only get assistance from May onward?
    you could be right but i would spend a day at home and ring the ATO direct ..then you will have to correct answer ...something like this you need to go direct to source ..good luck with it

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910