Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Just reading the Vic restrictions and I believe if you have any unoccupied properties you maybe allowed to work on them,I will be ringing a real estate agent on Monday to see if 3 properties they want me to work at are vacant
    [B]
    In what circumstances can landscaping and garden maintenance continue?

Landscaping works may continue where they are occurring: 

: as part of a new build, or  
    : as a standalone project on an existing property where there are no residents. 

Landscaping works are not permitted at occupied properties
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Just reading the Vic restrictions and I believe if you have any unoccupied properties you maybe allowed to work on them,I will be ringing a real estate agent on Monday to see if 3 properties they want me to work at are vacant
    [B]

mate why you bother with Dan giving us 2800 grant tax free for each 7 days how good is that .. i just roll over and go back to sleep …

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    mate why you bother with Dan giving us 2800 grant tax free for each 7 days how good is that .. i just roll over and go back to sleep …
    dont get ant grants here

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsuzanne View Post
    dont get ant grants here
    well been in locked down 6 times and looks like it will continue , for us gst registered businesses our Victorian premier has granted us 2800 bucks a week tax free why would you go to work when thats on the plate , its winter the grass isn't growing so win win...

well been in locked down 6 times and looks like it will continue , for us gst registered businesses our Victorian premier has granted us 2800 bucks a week tax free why would you go to work when thats on the plate , its winter the grass isn't growing so win win...
    Isn't it just GST free, pretty sure it contributes to our taxable income?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Some grants are and some are not. My accountant has been trying to get a clear answer from the ATO to no avail. Go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    no way mate its a grant tax free just got another 2800 tonight , how good is that tax free and we got 2800 the other week and allowed to work to boot..well being gt registered has its advantages for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    Some grants are and some are not. My accountant has been trying to get a clear answer from the ATO to no avail. Go figure!
    A grant the word grant means money for free...Get another accountant for advice lol

A grant the word grant means money for free...Get another accountant for advice lol
    Without spending any money asking my accountant I thought it contributed to my taxable income and the debt your grand kids will be paying!

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    [B]

Updated on 9 August - just saw it tonight after speaking to a few people who have seen many guys out gardening!

"solo outdoor services where physical distancing can be maintained at all times. The following businesses with an ABN:
    Outdoor maintenance, repairs, cleaning and other building work, including at occupied premises."

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Updated on 9 August - just saw it tonight after speaking to a few people who have seen many guys out gardening!

"solo outdoor services where physical distancing can be maintained at all times. The following businesses with an ABN:
    Outdoor maintenance, repairs, cleaning and other building work, including at occupied premises."
    we are not maintenance we have a different code that’s why we are getting the grant . we are moving where as maintenance is generally static . I was advised by hotline No work . 3 aw found out from authorities that no lawn mowing yet ..

Another week, hopefully another 2800

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Another week, hopefully another 2800
    Seems to be a lot of greedy contractors out there , I know several who are working and who received the 2800..These are solo operators

I've just been alerted by one of my Body Corporates that Gardeners can start again.

It now includes the following provision, which appears to allow some garden maintenance, landscaping companies to provide services:
    The following businesses can open under restrictions. If their employees are unable to work from home they can leave home to attend work.
    • Solo outdoor services where physical distancing can be maintained at all times. The following businesses with an ABN:
    o Outdoor maintenance, repairs, cleaning and other building work, including at occupied premises.
    o Home renovations and installations(outdoor only)
    o Home solar panel installations (only for outdoor work or in roof cavities with external access).

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    I've just been alerted by one of my Body Corporates that Gardeners can start again.

It now includes the following provision, which appears to allow some garden maintenance, landscaping companies to provide services:
    The following businesses can open under restrictions. If their employees are unable to work from home they can leave home to attend work.
    • Solo outdoor services where physical distancing can be maintained at all times. The following businesses with an ABN:
    o Outdoor maintenance, repairs, cleaning and other building work, including at occupied premises.
    o Home renovations and installations(outdoor only)
    o Home solar panel installations (only for outdoor work or in roof cavities with external access).
    DD has left the door open!

Definition of maintenance
    1: the act of maintaining : the state of being maintained : SUPPORT
    The building has suffered from years of poor maintenance.
    2: something that maintains
    at least half of them are living parasitically on the other half instead of producing maintenance for themselves
    — G. B. Shaw
    3: the upkeep of property or equipment
    the maintenance of the school
    4: an officious or unlawful intermeddling in a legal suit by assisting either party with means to carry it on

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast