Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Not due to covid 19 but I have lost about $20000. pa work due to a few losses over the last 2 months. Have not had this happen for ages but makes you realise how easy it can happen when it does.
    There are a million reasons why you lose them and I just experienced another very unusual reason why with quite a large client. Gotta chase new work when it all starts to happen again!
    If you can blame the loss on Covid19 then you should be able to get some form of government compensation having lost over 50% of your business
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    If you can blame the loss on Covid19 then you should be able to get some form of government compensation having lost over 50% of your business
    Closer to 75% actually

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    l've had a lot of gardening / tree lopping jobs come in - but council have stopped taking green waste so they've all been cancelled, a bugger as they would've paid well.
    An aside to C19 effects, there has been an increase in crime/break-ins here......locals are ready to teach some hard lessons should they be caught in flagrante
    Why have they stopped taking green waste?

it's not "essential" waste apparently

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    To sum it up, if your turnover has dropped by 30% then you can get 1500 per fortnight paid monthly for up to 6 months

And / Or 20% drop can access up to 2 x 10k from your super tax free

If you employ staff you may also get 10k when you do your bas automatically and further amounts if eligible
    Turnover is compared to the previous 12 months, unfortunately for a lot of us last year was a drought year. Was for me anyway.

Very Helpful Member

Talking to a friend today and apparently anyone who doesn't have an ABN and is mowing lawns for people risk fines for both themselves and the person they are working for
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Talking to a friend today and apparently anyone who doesn't have an ABN and is mowing lawns for people risk fines for both themselves and the person they are working for
    That's leaving it wide open..hearsay..need some solid info

l'm fine with that

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

So am I , if some of these scum bags got caught it may make some of the other scum bags either close shop or start doing it legally like the rest of us , and the bigger the fine the better

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    That's leaving it wide open..hearsay..need some solid info
    lm okay with that to .every second ute l see has a lawn mower in the back,lots of backyarders to

here in nz i am 2 weeks into lockdown, as mowing not essential service. have claimed govt subsidy for small businesses & sole traders so at least have some funds coming in.had 1 customer who has 30 houses email that even if it goes to level 3 restrictions that i may not be allowed on any property.

The "You" part of topic,

Getting sick of Mr & Mrs Corona night & day everyday, but grateful to be living in Au and not elsewhere,
    Yes the backyarder operators have sprung up in town here too. With last yrs Aldi $199 mower in Uncle Tom's hand me down 6X4. With a Flano Shirt proudly worn instead of embroidered Hi Vis wear.
    Jobs dropping out like everyone else and some unexpectedly. The way some of the cancellation of agreements are delivered can make you feel quite off/dispirited for a couple of days or longer. But a positive now being deregistered of gst as mentioned the other week.
    It's gona be a long extended winter, especially if winter plays with havoc Mr & Mrs C.

Remember Friday nights being like the below picture, Melb folks at the ground, pubs in Richmond over flowing. Country folk like me at home watching with multiple pizza's and cold beer in the fridge.
    I've been watching AFL final replays and highlights during the late arvo in the shed today whilst farting around tiding & reclaiming it and more AFL into the night in the house.
    Then I jumped on the Tigers Superstore site and ordered some Grand Final stuff and a Richmond 2019 Premiers Dusty Signed Final Siren Panoramic 990mm X 590mm. (still married). Hoping when it arrives some joy will come and brighten things up.

Will we get back to this without 100,000 50ml bottles of hand sanitiser in everyone's pocket. Or a mass evacuation off M7 seating if someone coughs up.

Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    So am I , if some of these scum bags got caught it may make some of the other scum bags either close shop or start doing it legally like the rest of us , and the bigger the fine the better
    agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    The "You" part of topic,

Getting sick of Mr & Mrs Corona night & day everyday, but grateful to be living in Au and not elsewhere,
    Yes the backyarder operators have sprung up in town here too. With last yrs Aldi $199 mower in Uncle Tom's hand me down 6X4. With a Flano Shirt proudly worn instead of embroidered Hi Vis wear.
    Jobs dropping out like everyone else and some unexpectedly. The way some of the cancellation of agreements are delivered can make you feel quite off/dispirited for a couple of days or longer. But a positive now being deregistered of gst as mentioned the other week.
    It's gona be a long extended winter, especially if winter plays with havoc Mr & Mrs C.

Remember Friday nights being like the below picture, Melb folks at the ground, pubs in Richmond over flowing. Country folk like me at home watching with multiple pizza's and cold beer in the fridge.
    I've been watching AFL final replays and highlights during the late arvo in the shed today whilst farting around tiding & reclaiming it and more AFL into the night in the house.
    Then I jumped on the Tigers Superstore site and ordered some Grand Final stuff and a Richmond 2019 Premiers Dusty Signed Final Siren Panoramic 990mm X 590mm. (still married). Hoping when it arrives some joy will come and brighten things up.

Will we get back to this without 100,000 50ml bottles of hand sanitiser in everyone's pocket. Or a mass evacuation off M7 seating if someone coughs up.

yep, it seems corona is going to be here long term ,quite depressing

Depressing alright, I just lost another higher $$ Job 15 minutes ago which I've had since I started 10 years ago.
    We are all losing them, many of these job wont come back too is my gut feeling.
    Cheers Garry

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast