Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

it means that you can have a holiday if your customers mostly residentials...but if your clients are one of the essential industrials, you are allowed to work there todo ground maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    it means that you can have a holiday if your customers mostly residentials...but if your clients are one of the essential industrials, you are allowed to work there todo ground maintenance
    So what is an essential industry?
    I need about 2 weeks holiday! Can I do that then go and do the essential business work?

So some commercial work may be okay if they are operating themselves?

What about elderly on home care packages?

Or body Corp maintenance?

Sorry south east mowing... you can't have a holiday since all borders closed

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    So some commercial work may be okay if they are operating themselves? Correct

What about elderly on home care packages?

Or body Corp maintenance?
    im not quite sure about body corp maintenance since they could be considered as home mowing

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    33293, sorry if it happens you'll be practicing on your own lawn for awhile longer.
    Wow. Good luck to everyone in Melbourne, personally I’m in Geelong but like I said, I don’t think we’re far behind the big smoke in terms of when restrictions will come down this way, unfortunately.

Stay safe.

this is from GOV site...

OPEN (FOR ON-SITE WORK) - COVID SAFE PLAN

RESTRICTED OPERATIONS OR INDUSTRY SPECIFIC OBLIGATIONS

Residential repair and maintenance by exception
    Essential maintenance for safety and upkeep of public and recreational spaces,
    such as parks, gardens, golf courses

Motor vehicle and machinery repair by exception
    Automotive, machinery and equipment repair and maintenance are permitted
    to operate where providing support to a permitted service or industry or where
    required to maintain the health and safety of Victorians at home or at work.
    Labour hire when servicing an allowed workplace
    Security services where required for the safety of a permitted workplace

for essential commercial, you still be able todo gardening works, but not residentials works.

Building and grounds maintenance, cleaning, pest control and packaging
    services are permitted to operate where providing support to an essential
    industry or where required to maintain the health and safety of Victorians at
    home or at work.
    Do you have a link to that docuent, and where is it from

On page 11, andi posted the link

So a good friend of mine who runs a mobile coffee van is apparently ok to pull up in residential suburb and keep selling coffee to a cue of people lining up but you and I can’t mow a lawn on our own with no interaction with people at all...IT’S A F****N JOKE..!

On another note, the Business Vic website has some info on possible grants up to $10k for sole traders that maybe eligible for. I’m gunna call at some point today and try to clarify the commercial V domestic area. There is also some type of work permit/letter we can apply for if we meet certain criteria.

I will post an update when I get more info from dopey Dan..!

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    So a good friend of mine who runs a mobile coffee van is apparently ok to pull up in residential suburb and keep selling coffee to a cue of people lining up but you and I can’t mow a lawn on our own with no interaction with people at all...IT’S A F****N JOKE..!

On another note, the Business Vic website has some info on possible grants up to $10k for sole traders that maybe eligible for. I’m gunna call at some point today and try to clarify the commercial V domestic area. There is also some type of work permit/letter we can apply for if we meet certain criteria.

I will post an update when I get more info from dopey Dan..!
    Thanks mate. I think DD may not see it through the next election when people REALLY find out. That's if they can because he is a cunning little

ok so i rang the govt hotline number and asked if i have lent that is an essential service and is opened you can service that property SOLO..you have to have letter from the client stating that you are their contractor and require the maintenance to be done and also have a covid plan in place..residential as we know is out but schools are in apparently although i dont why because they closed...

another contractor geo some info ( more than me did well ) and here is his
    OK so here it is. I was on hold for 3 hours waiting to get connected, and amazingly, was able to speak to a nice rep from the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR). I had a list of questions specific to our business, and client base, and he was able to answer them all.So, here is a list of questions I asked, and their response. I hope this gives you some clarity to some of your own questions:

1) Can we service normal residential properties?
    No. cannot continue. Full stop.

2) Can we service our schools clients (grounds maintenance)?
    "Yes. Because it is providing services to an ESSENTIAL SERVICE. Only 1 person allowed on site though."

3) Can I service our special school client (grounds maintenance with particular requirements to ensure student safety)
    "Yes. Because it is providing services to an ESSENTIAL SERVICE. Only 1 person allowed on site though."

4) Can I service our NDIS clients (who would not be able to do any gardening themselves during this time?)

5) Can I service our aged care facility? (grounds maintenance)

So in summary, residential clients are off the cards completely. But if you have clients who are ESSENTIAL SERVICES (schools, aged care etc) then you will be able to service them, SOLO. You will need to ensure you carry proof of your employment, and I would suggest it would be beneficial to have a letter from those clients stating that you are a contractor for them and are contracted to carry out maintenance works as part of your agreement with them.
    You would definitely need to have a COVID safe plan in place, too; to limit any possible liabilities or potential issues down the track

Ok, I called Business Victoria and got the following answers to help clear up some confusion.

Domestic Residential garden works is a no go. This is under review but atm can’t visit residential properties.

Commercial, Including Body Corps, strata maintenance, aged care villages, work cover clients, factories etc are allowed under the following guidelines only..

You must obtain a letter in writing from your strata manager, case manager etc stating you are required as the contracted person/business to complete works for the health & safety of workers/staff and essential travel is required to the property as an essential service.

A point to note is that the property you are going to must be open and operational and not under lockdown. If they are closed and locked down then you can’t request a letter. This is mainly will be for any commercial factories you have.

This letter must be on a official letter head showing their details and must be carried with you if you get pulled over.

The letter must have your full name, home address and names and addresses of anybody else in case they’re travelling with you.

I’ve already received 2 letters. 1 is from Ambulance Victoria as I maintain 1 of their branches and the other is a big commercial manufacturing plant.

Bottom line, you need to prove in writing where you are going and why.

Cheers.

Geoff, you post came through as I was typing mine.

Basically, we are both saying the same thing. However you can have another person if the job/ contract needs more than 1 to complete up to a maximum of 5. Anymore than 2 then you must have a COVID safe plan.

I wouldn’t think any of us would need more than 2. If you run a crew of lawnies then that’s a whole new kettle of fish.

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast