Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    Geoff, you post came through as I was typing mine.

Basically, we are both saying the same thing. However you can have another person if the job/ contract needs more than 1 to complete up to a maximum of 5. Anymore than 2 then you must have a COVID safe plan.

I wouldn’t think any of us would need more than 2. If you run a crew of lawnies then that’s a whole new kettle of fish.
    well done mate you are a legend very useful info to use ,really appreciate thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    So some commercial work may be okay if they are operating themselves?

What about elderly on home care packages?

Or body Corp maintenance?
    From what i understand Chris, visiting elderly on home care package is not on.

Quote Originally Posted by jd View Post
    From what i understand Chris, visiting elderly on home care package is not on.
    unfortunately its clear no resi but you never know they might change although lets face it they want everyone home pool cleaners gardeners cleaners fencers and so on thats so many people off the streets...bloody jim penman on the news says he has told his boys to work and he will pay the fines ..what a tool this virus is bad and we need to lockdown not dickheads like jim going against it...

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    ok so i rang the govt hotline number and asked if i have lent that is an essential service and is opened you can service that property SOLO..you have to have letter from the client stating that you are their contractor and require the maintenance to be done and also have a covid plan in place..residential as we know is out but schools are in apparently although i dont why because they closed...
    Don't encourage DD Geoff!

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Don't encourage DD Geoff!
    WTF johnny boy..so what are you saying !!!

WTF johnny boy..so what are you saying !!!
    I don't think Dopey Dan knows whether he is Arthur or Marthur atm. I wont say too much because he may take them off the essential service list for the next 6 weeks

I don't think Dopey Dan knows whether he is Arthur or Marthur atm. I wont say too much because he may take them off the essential service list for the next 6 weeks
    yep agree this enquiry with the hotel saga will be a white wash like the red shirts....if you watched 60 mins the other night its obvious why vic is in this horrible time...every other state used proper security like the armed forces and coppers our great dickhead dan used gumtree security guards ..yep they actually got security guards off gum tree so how the did we get to this...incompetence

unfortunately its clear no resi but you never know they might change although lets face it they want everyone home pool cleaners gardeners cleaners fencers and so on thats so many people off the streets...bloody jim penman on the news says he has told his boys to work and he will pay the fines ..what a tool this virus is bad and we need to lockdown not dickheads like jim going against it...

What a complete F***head. A perfect example of what some big business does - bottom line 1st at all costs

DD should make sure ALL the police just keep issuing fines to ALL the Jimbos and recoup some money from his squillons back into the coffers for Victorians.

[/B]

What a complete F***head. A perfect example of what some big business does - bottom line 1st at all costs

DD should make sure ALL the police just keep issuing fines to ALL the Jimbos and recoup some money from his squillons back into the coffers for Victorians.
    Does it mean fines to you as well??

None of my Body Corp can provide me the letters. So Strata management is OUT

It appears there won't be any compensation for sole traders without employees.

https://www.smartcompany.com.au/finance/cashflow/sole-traders-grants/

[QUOTE=geoff;157813]yep agree this enquiry with the hotel saga will be a white wash like the red shirts....if you watched 60 mins the other night its obvious why vic is in this horrible time...every other state used proper security like the armed forces and coppers our great dickhead dan used gumtree security guards ..yep they actually got security guards off gum tree so how the did we get to this...incompetence[/QUOT

If it goes to form the enquiry will do nothing but make money for the lawyers. Is the enquiry a way of getting people off the hook?

Have the gaurds or the companies who hired them been charged? If not why not? What about the people who drew up the contract, what about compliance, anyone follow up if the money wasn't pissed up against a wall? Plenty of security cameras in hotels I would have thought?

Very Helpful Member

I believe Jim has now said no go as DD has clarified the situation and said no resi work
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

[QUOTE=steveo;157818]
    yep agree this enquiry with the hotel saga will be a white wash like the red shirts....if you watched 60 mins the other night its obvious why vic is in this horrible time...every other state used proper security like the armed forces and coppers our great dickhead dan used gumtree security guards ..yep they actually got security guards off gum tree so how the did we get to this...incompetence[/QUOT

If it goes to form the enquiry will do nothing but make money for the lawyers. Is the enquiry a way of getting people off the hook?

Have the gaurds or the companies who hired them been charged? If not why not? What about the people who drew up the contract, what about compliance, anyone follow up if the money wasn't pissed up against a wall? Plenty of security cameras in hotels I would have thought?
    well chairman Dan has just got his appointed judge to move it forward so the result of the investigation will not be finalised to Nov..so as usual DD will again get out of this one like re shirts and the public will gain vote him back in because they short memories..and sorry to say the opposition are not much chop ..

After speaking to a few of my Body Corp managers, there seems to be mixed messages on what you can and can’t do. If you have resi body corps then they are out. Commercial body corps are a grey area with no definite answer. Having said that, if either have an emergency, like a fallen tree, grass is long an a fire hazard etc then you can but only with a the work permit that is now available online.

Sole traders can write/sign their own work permit to travel being in an emergency. On the permit you have to state date, address of premises and your details and the day your travelling. Also each job has to have its own permit so a lot of mucking around.

I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just too hard and just not worth the headache in case i get it wrong and cop a fine. A couple of Indy’s I came across yesterday both said they’re parking their trailer and sitting on the arse for 6 weeks.

So at this stage, I’ve got 4 decent paying commercial contracts I will do and forget the others till the lockdown is over. They’re not due for another 4 weeks so got time to plan for them with the correct paperwork unless DD changes his low IQ brain again..!

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast