Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Hybrid View

Default Coronavirus + Business + You

What do we know..
    One quarter of Australian population is expected to get it..6 million.
    How bad is it to influenza,20x worse
    Can be passed on as easily as handling cash with the virus attached.
    Cities and towns may go into lock down for 4 weeks
    Virus is expected to be most active during June,July,August

Local Business..
    Many businesses will shut the doors and not re-open as there every day turnover slows
    Housing industry will take a hit as China supplied goods run out.
    Travel associated offices and flights come to a grinding halt

Mowing business..
    Many will fold for a number of reasons,being infected,clients stopping the service temporarily,being told by authorities to stay home until it clears.

Many more things can be said,what’s your thoughts

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Now we know why with the toilet paper
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Have always kept 6 months income in the business savings account just incase. We may still be allowed to work with a mask and not contact with clients, If not ill take my 4 weeks annuall leave and 30 sick days out and then spend a lazy month servicing mowers gear. knocking down 3 months growth has been done before it will just get easier after the first 50. If it goes 6 months i will have enough vegies in the back yard for a year.

They are saying 1 million people will be out of work.

I wonder how many of those will start mowing lawns for some cash

This virus really could affect us

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    They are saying 1 million people will be out of work.

I wonder how many of those will start mowing lawns for some cash

This virus really could affect us
    That will be easy for them,they just need to do a google search on lawn mowing forums.They can read how to get started,which equipment to use and how to advertise and what to charge.Eezy peezy.
    The only thing they are missing is seeing existing profit and loss statements which current members left out,but that can easily be solved by uploading those.
    Don't really think they'd need much more.
    Currently seeing 1000 users online,maybe they have already started

Yes I agree, however lots of people have been doing home improvements including their yards, so its been ok so far. Hopefully things don't go down hill.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    What do we know..
    One quarter of Australian population is expected to get it..6 million.
    How bad is it to influenza,20x worse
    Can be passed on as easily as handling cash with the virus attached.
    Cities and towns may go into lock down for 4 weeks
    Virus is expected to be most active during June,July,August

Local Business..
    Many businesses will shut the doors and not re-open as there every day turnover slows
    Housing industry will take a hit as China supplied goods run out.
    Travel associated offices and flights come to a grinding halt

Mowing business..
    Many will fold for a number of reasons,being infected,clients stopping the service temporarily,being told by authorities to stay home until it clears.

Many more things can be said,what’s your thoughts
    I'm a bit of a doomsayer on this but I hope I am wrong. There is a lot of empahasis on money, work, economy and rightly so but the elderly are at big risk and when the hospitals fill up there won't be enough beds, respirators etc. The flow on from already stretched hospitals will impact everyone including the young and healthy who need hospital treatment, the cancer patients, the heart attack victims, the stroke victims everyone because they will be going to a high risk environment where it could kill them. Plus we will have the normal flu ripping through as it it comes in to winter. Doctors and nurses will be under severe pressure with limited resources. Elderly customers are going to struggle to get cash out without getting a lift from someone and exposing themselves to risk.

I now carry soap in the ute, and wash my hands much more often than usual. We are lucky because usually there is a tap around. I try to keep 6 feet away from people, hard to do but all it needs is for someone to sneeze and you could end up 6 feet under. This aint just killing old people. Todays figure from france is that 7% mortality under 65. I don't even breathe when I walk in to a shop, not until I'm in there and had a bit of a look see. If there are too many people or someone showing cold symptons hold your breath and get out of there. The worst part of this. A spreader can have no symptons. So keep your distance from everyone.

Bit paranoid but if we can all have a laugh about it down the track that would be awesome. A good way to keep up with the scientific side of things are the Norman Swan ABC podcasts. Good luck everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    I'm a bit of a doomsayer on this but I hope I am wrong. There is a lot of empahasis on money, work, economy and rightly so but the elderly are at big risk and when the hospitals fill up there won't be enough beds, respirators etc. The flow on from already stretched hospitals will impact everyone including the young and healthy who need hospital treatment, the cancer patients, the heart attack victims, the stroke victims everyone because they will be going to a high risk environment where it could kill them. Plus we will have the normal flu ripping through as it it comes in to winter. Doctors and nurses will be under severe pressure with limited resources. Elderly customers are going to struggle to get cash out without getting a lift from someone and exposing themselves to risk.

I now carry soap in the ute, and wash my hands much more often than usual. We are lucky because usually there is a tap around. I try to keep 6 feet away from people, hard to do but all it needs is for someone to sneeze and you could end up 6 feet under. This aint just killing old people. Todays figure from france is that 7% mortality under 65. I don't even breathe when I walk in to a shop, not until I'm in there and had a bit of a look see. If there are too many people or someone showing cold symptons hold your breath and get out of there. The worst part of this. A spreader can have no symptons. So keep your distance from everyone.

Bit paranoid but if we can all have a laugh about it down the track that would be awesome. A good way to keep up with the scientific side of things are the Norman Swan ABC podcasts. Good luck everyone.
    Its just being sensible. Everything is slowly grinding to a halt so you need you look after yourself so you can look after the people close to you also.
    I am the same, wash my hands more, have loads of nitrile gloves, antibacterial sprays, some wet ones wipes, p2 masks etc in the car for me and anyone working with me.
    Hopefully pick up some hand sanitiser from one of my manufacturing clients in that industry!!
    Have spoken to staff and put in place some control measures and awareness of what to do when not working with us also
    Can only try to do the right thing and hopefully get lucky.

Interesting...
    I contacted my main strata manager I contract for and he said to continue as they believe I’m not under any threat working by myself out in the open air...
    wearing a mask is just notmal proceeded for me anyway . Wear them all year
    So I’ll be out working
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Very Helpful Member

I agree with social distancing but as I only have 5000 rolls of toilet paper I have to go and stand with the other 300 people and queue for an hour so I can get another 10 rolls
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    I agree with social distancing but as I only have 5000 rolls of toilet paper I have to go and stand with the other 300 people and queue for an hour so I can get another 10 rolls
    That is a big problem alright. Like trying to herd sheep. One gets spooked and you have lost them.

So confused are we going to be allowed to work in Metro Melbourne at step 2 (28th September)or step 3 (26th October)???

https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-c...etro-melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    So confused are we going to be allowed to work in Metro Melbourne at step 2 (28th September)or step 3 (26th October)???

Dan said 28 Sep

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    Dan said 28 Sep
    He also originally said 14th Sept
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post

I believe he will give you another 10k to stay at home - sole traders included

Page 1 of 35 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast