Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    if you have registered for job keeper you can now provide details of employees and or sole trader or one business partner today sunday ..so payment early this week....
    Hi Geoff, is job keeper just a 6month incentive scheme, or longer ?

Cheers Fred.

its 6 months at the moment Fred legislation has it till sept ..my figures will see us till july at least when we expect schools and business to pick up..and yes i know theres blokes and gals out there are booming big numbers earning mega bucks and i say well done ..but in our little world thats not the case but we are ok ...ive a bit of time to do so many things at home ,even built a bilibong with a windmill..any one know where i can get a stockman garden piece ???? anyway i am enjoying a bit less working time so 65 soon but too many miles left in the body..ive a plan after this which will launch into a great work in our industry ....good to hear from you fred a long term loved member

Hi guys, i basically have no idea what i'm doing. I've enrolled for jobkeeper (ATO site states this).
    I'm a sole trader, no employees, not registered for gst. Turnover down at least 60-70% due to putting to many eggs in the real estate agency side of things.
    I have no idea where to go from here. Already take 10k in super to pay bills. As i've stated i have zero employees, am i missing a form to fill out ? or will there be something to fill out tomorrow 4/5. Anybody in the same boat ?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    Hi guys, i basically have no idea what i'm doing. I've enrolled for jobkeeper (ATO site states this).
    I'm a sole trader, no employees, not registered for gst. Turnover down at least 60-70% due to putting to many eggs in the real estate agency side of things.
    I have no idea where to go from here. Already take 10k in super to pay bills. As i've stated i have zero employees, am i missing a form to fill out ? or will there be something to fill out tomorrow 4/5. Anybody in the same boat ?
    Cheers
    No worries mate if you enrolled for job keeper you will need to identify yourself ..so where veneer u enrolled you should be able to identify by giving your tax file number and date of birth ..then you will accept and hopefully payment will come soon ..you have to state your april turnover as well....good luck ..its certainly a worry at this time so check it out...i use mygovid to do my work with the ATO

l enrolled via the mygov page, l assume you have it set up? log in then go to the ATO page and the link to enrol/apply is there
    info here https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobke...ther-entities/

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

yeah i enrolled and it says i enrolled, what now ?

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    yeah i enrolled and it says i enrolled, what now ?
    You should now go and identify by tax file number and date of birth plus your April turn over ...it is Ava is me from 4 may but was available today sun the 3 may ...

Where do i do that, All it says is enrolled with a tick next to it, and no further info

not sure but i did mine on the business portal ..if you have enrolled there should be two more sections underneath ,one is for identifying who you are nominating including details etc and the last one ask you to declare aprils turnover and fortnights you are claiming for.

Thanks mate, all done, details didn't show until this morning.

Thanx Geoff, we're not 30% down yet, but getting closer.
    Not sure if we'll apply yet or just try to battle through, we're going ok.
    Good to hear that you've got something on the boil for the near future.
    Good luck with it.

Cheers Fred.

can still register fred in fact you should because 31May is the deadline for what i can gather.So if your figures do drop its pretty easy process..My trouble was i had a huge income from the school which paid very well as they had chinese students that paid the bills so now its just a monthly visit and I completely understand there budget shortfall.I will stick with them till things come good and probably do a few freebies as they have looked after me for over 23 years plus the job keeper is free money ( bit of tax later ) ..I know some contractors won't budge and stay fck em , me i look after those who looked after me..what comes around goers around..plus ive had a couple of larger clients that have fallen on hard times also long term customers for which will also be looked after .Ive being this stuff like you fred ( you a bit longer ) so ive seen ups and downs although nothing like this..we will get a hit from a lot of unemployed that will fire up lawn mowers but my advice is to do your very best look after your existing clients and that should see us through...

I've just had a look back, and because 2019 was so poor for me due to the drought, my 2020 figures can't show a 30% fall so far.
    Because the tourist destinations are closed, I won't have many firewood sales so May/June might see me qualify.
    Grass has stopped growing here already.

Very Helpful Member

check the qualifying criteria as there is the basic 30% reduction and also another section with special circumstances which includes a provision for drought among other things,not sure how this works as I only noticed it when having a quick look this morning before going to work.It may also be worth working out if (in the interest of social distancing) you push some lawns out ie: instead of three mows in the April-June 1/4 you do two mows and the third goes into the 1st week of July then this will give you a 1/3 reduction for the quarter
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    I've just had a look back, and because 2019 was so poor for me due to the drought, my 2020 figures can't show a 30% fall so far.
    Because the tourist destinations are closed, I won't have many firewood sales so May/June might see me qualify.
    Grass has stopped growing here already.
    you can estimate the 30 % drop on the tax quarter that is april may and june so when you submit your bas in this quarter you should have a 30 % drop to last years quarter figures....check the ato web site it explains it well...we are doing month by month and this subsidy goes to the end of sept so its worth looking at

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast