Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

you would want to be 100% sure you are eligible for an exception otherwise if you're wrong.
    PENALTIES Completing this document with false or misleading information may cause you to be in breach of the Permitted Worker Permit Scheme Directions and liable to penalties up to $19,826.40 (individuals) and $99,132 (bodies corporate).

Note Day one bored already only 41 more to go
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    you would want to be 100% sure you are eligible for an exception otherwise if you're wrong.
    PENALTIES Completing this document with false or misleading information may cause you to be in breach of the Permitted Worker Permit Scheme Directions and liable to penalties up to $19,826.40 (individuals) and $99,132 (bodies corporate).

Note Day one bored already only 41 more to go
    Absolutely agree Ian. I won’t be going anywhere till I’m 100% satisfied accompanied with all relevant signed paperwork!

Quote Originally Posted by jd View Post
    It appears there won't be any compensation for sole traders without employees.

https://www.smartcompany.com.au/finance/cashflow/sole-traders-grants/
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that regarding state government grants, aren't we entitled to jobkeeper (from Fed Gov) if our turnover is decreased over 30%? and aren't we actually entitled to the grants once we qualify for jobkeeper?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that regarding state government grants, aren't we entitled to jobkeeper (from Fed Gov) if our turnover is decreased over 30%? and aren't we actually entitled to the grants once we qualify for jobkeeper?
    Yes we are eligible for Job Keeper, my accountant has registered me already, but funds wont come through until September after we report our actuall sales at the end of August.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Yes we are eligible for Job Keeper, my accountant has registered me already, but funds wont come through until September after we report our actuall sales at the end of August.
    Yeah that what I thought, would be pretty unfair if sole traders weren't entitled to any compensation for not being able to work while longterm employees etc are.

Well i am livid after going for my only shop trip on my own and see several large super companies like super gardens etc mowing estates..so the big boys just go on as usual and us little fellows stay home for 6 weeks unpaid...i reckon these large companies probably scaled back enough to get job keeper as well..Mr andrews please explain ,even council are mowing parks and theres no grass to mow .

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Well i am livid after going for my only shop trip on my own and see several large super companies like super gardens etc mowing estates..so the big boys just go on as usual and us little fellows stay home for 6 weeks unpaid...i reckon these large companies probably scaled back enough to get job keeper as well..Mr andrews please explain ,even council are mowing parks and theres no grass to mow .
    Yep. I saw the same thing yesterday with Skyline and also saw a VIP trailer getting around suburbia...! F***N P**** OFF!

So this morning I rang the business Vic mob and they reckon parks & gardens is essential, and the suburban one might be a job booked prior lockdown and therefore it’s ok to complete as long as it’s done by 5pm tonight.. What a load of ****E!

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    Yep. I saw the same thing yesterday with Skyline and also saw a VIP trailer getting around suburbia...! F***N P**** OFF!

So this morning I rang the business Vic mob and they reckon parks & gardens is essential, and the suburban one might be a job booked prior lockdown and therefore it’s ok to complete as long as it’s done by 5pm tonight.. What a load of ****E!
    So how come residential estate are essential ..if thats true i am going email Jim he will fix em lol

So how come residential estate are essential ..if thats true i am going email Jim he will fix em lol
    :: ...

With them restricting employees working at several sites for ages care etc have they made it law to not use casual employees amongst seperate grounds maintenance business?
    I am snowed under with paperwork. Any help appreciated

Very Helpful Member

Just got a call from a commercial client and apparently they're an except food company so they are sending through documents so I should be able to earn something this month also had a client payment into my bank account marked to help business and checked and this is an extra payment not an outstanding one so I now have a new favorite client
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Very Helpful Member

Just looked at the weather forecast and probably lucky I'm not allowed to work next week

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Just looked at the weather forecast and probably lucky I'm not allowed to work next week
    actually i am really enjoying time off..watching the rain tumbling down..scomos nice little giveaways ..end of aug we are getting JS 4500 and JS 2700 so rather stay at home if you dont mind umpire lol.Zero income buts ok all good have had many customers wanting to pay in advance and i said NOOOOOOO i am good dont want to earn too much at present loving the welfare after 35 years in business paying a lot of tax ,nice to get a little back....

actually i am really enjoying time off..watching the rain tumbling down..scomos nice little giveaways ..end of aug we are getting JS 4500 and JS 2700 so rather stay at home if you dont mind umpire lol.Zero income buts ok all good have had many customers wanting to pay in advance and i said NOOOOOOO i am good dont want to earn too much at present loving the welfare after 35 years in business paying a lot of tax ,nice to get a little back....
    That's a nice little earn especially when you can sleep in! Hot coffee, crank up the heater and do whatever you please for the next 4 weeks

This is off the ATO website:

"To meet the 1 July test you must satisfy all of the following on 1 July 2020:

you were employed by the eligible employer (or another entity in their wholly owned group), either as a
    non-casual employee (whether full-time, part-time or fixed-term)
    long-term casual employee (employed on a regular and systematic basis during the 12 month period that ended 1 July) and you were not a permanent employee of any other employer"

So am I reading that right, does that mean my casual employee who has been with me since before Xmas will now be eligible once my turnover drops? Did this change, I thought they had to be with you for at least 12months???

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast