Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Today metro Melbourne 4 Jims mowing guys on separate occasions 2 working together 2 others working on their own not a mask to be seen
    Yep. I don’t wear one either (whilst on the tools) under OH&S obligations, safety glasses take precedent over masks due to the fogging up issue. It’s on the the OH&S website, not those exact words but if read into it, thats what it’s saying.

End of the day, I will not risk my eyesight or my employees eyesight due to a stupid mask when on my own. If I was to be pulled up on it then I will be more than happy to take the cops and the courts on period..

I would struggle that a magistrate with any brain would see it any other way. 2 days ago, I was using the whippy on a natures trip edge, no mask, cops drove past twice as I was next door to a police station and they did nothing.

Bottom line guys, what’s more important, your eyes or the mask...? I know what I will choose everyday of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    Yep. I don’t wear one either (whilst on the tools) under OH&S obligations, safety glasses take precedent over masks due to the fogging up issue. It’s on the the OH&S website, not those exact words but if read into it, thats what it’s saying.

End of the day, I will not risk my eyesight or my employees eyesight due to a stupid mask when on my own. If I was to be pulled up on it then I will be more than happy to take the cops and the courts on period..

I would struggle that a magistrate with any brain would see it any other way. 2 days ago, I was using the whippy on a natures trip edge, no mask, cops drove past twice as I was next door to a police station and they did nothing.

Bottom line guys, what’s more important, your eyes or the mask...? I know what I will choose everyday of the week.
    I tend to agree on the 1st!

I tell my guys the same but we all work wearing wolfsnouts! https://wolfsnout.net/. I have done for quite a while now due to nose problems and they do a reasonable job.

Not so much on the second
    Last edited by South East Mowing; 18-11-2020 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Wolfsnout

SA goes into lock down

Very Helpful Member

I would struggle that a magistrate with any brain would see it any other way.
    Any brains, we are talking about the ones who give a footy player a community order after dragging a woman into an lane and forcing her to the ground before he got interrupted, as a minor offender I would say it's 50-50 you'd either get locked up or given a reward
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Any brains, we are talking about the ones who give a footy player a community order after dragging a woman into an lane and forcing her to the ground before he got interrupted, as a minor offender I would say it's 50-50 you'd either get locked up or given a reward
    Yep, they’re the ones with sh*t for brains..!

Yep, they’re the ones with sh*t for brains..!
    I would guess that would be the majority of them!

Very Helpful Member

And in Melbourne we start another week in paradise
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Until people go and get vaccinated, it will keep happening......hopefully will be shortened

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Very Helpful Member

Incase anyone is still unsure about working in Vic my wife rang and we are not allowed to unless you have an exemption

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    Until people go and get vaccinated, it will keep happening......hopefully will be shortened
    Unfortunately it's going to keep happening until the richer countries get their vaccines into all the poorer areas of the globe and quickly.
    And then they are going to need to do it again with the latest mRNA vaccines as they will possibly be the only ones with any decent efficacy

Incase anyone is still unsure about working in Vic my wife rang and we are not allowed to unless you have an exemption
    Bought 15 litres of paint on Thursday! This should be such an exiting week off

That though is put at the back of the line of things to do - new car and trailer set up, mods on trailer for the new Stander.
    Got lucky a few months ago - came out of it with a scratch on my head and elbow>>Hence why I need the new car
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Hi All!!!

Back in lock down, back on the forum again! lol

Clearly making good use of time off!

How has covid19 effected your business overall?

I personally have never been busier, never had so many obscure challenges which is probably more the cause of the business rather than actual business growth.

Would love to read your take on it's effect on your business?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Hi All!!!

Back in lock down, back on the forum again! lol

Clearly making good use of time off!

How has covid19 effected your business overall?

I personally have never been busier, never had so many obscure challenges which is probably more the cause of the business rather than actual business growth.

Would love to read your take on it's effect on your business?
    Mate I with you this year I turned 66 and been in game since the year jim mowing started in 1988 lol he’s richer .. just hahaha I have never been so busy and quality’s work at that and getting unbelievable rates ... I think this COVID has introduced a new environment that is customers are home more have more dollars to spend and need the place to look great . That’s what I have experienced others may be different . It’s a new world and we have to adapt I have always chased the cream of customers and enjoy having the cowboys undercutting so that they so busy at 40 bucks an hour leaving the best work for us .I am enjoying lockdown for a week although I suspect could be longer my wife of 45 years marriage has a long long list of jobs which I am getting through lol and we are about to receive our 5 grandchild this week so that’s a bonus ..
    This industry has been a challenge for most of us it a matter to adapt strangely COVID has been a bonus not to mention the nice payouts from the govt it has postponed my retirement for many years as I have regrouped with the body ...
    So long story short life under COVID is a challenge but one that I have had a go at it ..

Cheers Geoff, ask your wife which items on the list are the priorities as we may need to stretch this lockdown out at half pace. lol
    Number 5 grandchild, spoil them that's your job!

Yes you gotta give it a go! I think I pushed myself too hard coming out of restrictions last year and did really well second and third quarter of this financial year but this last quarter feel quite burnt out and figures are showing that. I'm hoping June is a good month and not too wet and things return to normal (what ever that is.)

Did I understand it right that we are back in action on Friday, they said landscaping is added to the ok list

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast