Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Just to rub salt into the wound apparently slealerships and probably others are allowed to start doing vehicle services as of tomorrow
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Where did you read/see that.?

Very Helpful Member

Car dealership in Ferntree Gully rang a friend today to ask if they wanted their car service done earlier they had re-booked it the other week from this week to the end of October, by the time they rang back next week was the earliest they could get apparently Thursday,Friday and Saturday were already booked out
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Just to rub salt into the wound apparently slealerships and probably others are allowed to start doing vehicle services as of tomorrow
    Pretty sure they've operated with minimal staff etc right through??? I had work done on my ute at kmart auto or whatever their name is now during level 4 restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Pretty sure they've operated with minimal staff etc right through??? I had work done on my ute at kmart auto or whatever their name is now during level 4 restrictions.
    Only supposed to be open for those who are essential workers and need something done. No general public appointments apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    In some ways I'm almost glad for another 2weeks just wish it wasn't at the start of spring,I started tidying my work bench and shed on the 30th August I'm about half way through now I can start on the garage when I finish the shed
    If you tidy up that will be last you'll ever see of some of your tools. You will =never find them again. I feel for you guys down there as the lawns are going crazy here, well not the lawns actually, the bloody weeds. It is like a switch has been flicked, went from nothing to a foot long in a couple of days. I used to be excited when i started out, now I hate this time of year. Not the regulars that are the issue but the ones you don't hear from all winter. Been hitting some with broadleaf after a mow because it just makes an absolute mess if the weeds are allowed to multiply year after year.

Has anyone seen a COVID safe plan for gardeners, looks like we may need one when we restart on the 28th, just thought we could save us all a few headaches if there was a collective one out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Has anyone seen a COVID safe plan for gardeners, looks like we may need one when we restart on the 28th, just thought we could save us all a few headaches if there was a collective one out there somewhere.
    You should have plenty of time to get that thinking cap on

If you send me your email I will send you 1 from a template while i was working with 2 or 3 people (parks n gardens) may need changing since it could ALL be solo

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    You should have plenty of time to get that thinking cap on

If you send me your email I will send you 1 from a template while i was working with 2 or 3 people (parks n gardens) may need changing since it could ALL be solo
    Use this template>>https://www.business.vic.gov.au/coro...ovid-safe-plan

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    I guees
    We
    Will also need work permits I’ve got them for my permitted business and actually passed with flying colours the other day when check on ... coppers drove up on to lawn area and stopped me . Have all the paper work and said all good .
    I got a couple of split air ons installed ( Evaps are a pain in humid conditions )
    Anyoway the installer filled out his own work permit and keeps a diary of clients he visits . That will be same for us show a log book detailing times and dates .. time first enetered the
    Property time departed ... I don’t care how much paper work as long as we can work ....

Based on current rules there's no need for covid plan if you have less than 5 workers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Based on current rules there's no need for covid plan if you have less than 5 workers
    i see they to one person operation ..after mowing some lawns on sat ( work permitted and permits ) i think you may be in for a big shock. I wasn't fortunate that one office client prayed the lawns for clover and crap a few weeks ago so wasn't bad , the lawns that basically weds were a nightmare so another week or so i would hate to thin what the rest of my lawn are be like...

Quote Originally Posted by brett73 View Post
    There's nothing in writing anywhere, they are hoping to get it in writing and official next week, then it will be listed n the websites about who and how it is to go about.

I was talking to my wife about it yesterday how there isn't anything formal anywhere apart from Dan mentioning it and a few local mp's trying to look good and writing it on their facebook page. So she rang the business line and was told the above.

One of the ones I saw on facebook
    "An important update for sole traders with gardening, landscaping and garden maintenance businesses:
    From Monday 28 September, gardening, landscaping and garden maintenance businesses who have an ABN will be added to the permitted worker list. (subject to meeting the case number threshold)
    This is under the condition that one person works alone, entirely outside and contact-free.
    This is part of the Second Step which will see around 100,000 Victorians return to work with changes to construction, manufacturing, wholesale trade and warehousing, postal and distribution and childcare."

Do we have any news yet?

Mowed a school lawn after 3 weeks with Ride on and still quite long in places.

Some of you guys are going to be f****d using hand mower on the 1st cut. Don't think you will be using a catcher. Maybe whip, rake, blow then catcher and see how it comes up

Still waiting on a reply my local MP said he should be able to let me know by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    i see they to one person operation ..after mowing some lawns on sat ( work permitted and permits ) i think you may be in for a big shock. I wasn't fortunate that one office client prayed the lawns for clover and crap a few weeks ago so wasn't bad , the lawns that basically weds were a nightmare so another week or so i would hate to thin what the rest of my lawn are be like...
    Yeah I've done as many permitted jobs as I can.... will probably have to work every day until Christmas before I can get a day off!

Wonder if will be possible to have staff member in separate vehicle to help? Its crazy we can only work alone yet councils and builders are in groups all around here...

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast