Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Yeah I've done as many permitted jobs as I can.... will probably have to work every day until Christmas before I can get a day off!

Wonder if will be possible to have staff member in separate vehicle to help? Its crazy we can only work alone yet councils and builders are in groups all around here...
    Following that I wonder if the tips are open , the additional grass will over fill bins so will need a tip run at the end of the days

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Following that I wonder if the tips are open , the additional grass will over fill bins so will need a tip run at the end of the days
    Our tips are open to commercial at the moment. Mornington Peninsula.

Quote Originally Posted by brett73 View Post
    Our tips are open to commercial at the moment. Mornington Peninsula.
    Same deal in Harold Rd Skye...

So according to this, there will be nothing official on any sites until the 28th. (which I think is stupid).

SORRY ABOUT THE SIZE

Unfortunately need to wait till we hear officially from DD..

COVID plan for solo operator doesn’t make sense. Work permits don’t make sense either considering it would be pretty obvious by power hungry coppers what is we are doing considering the equipment/trailers etc on any given site. ABN numbers can prove that. But if it’s what D**k head Dan wants then so be it.

What if your employee is living with you ie wife, partner, child etc..that needs to be cleared up regarding working solo.

These MP’s don’t know a lot with all due respect so no point speculating till it’s announced officially.

I’m over it...!

So according to this, there will be nothing official on any sites until the 28th. (which I think is stupid).

SORRY ABOUT THE SIZE

Just to clarify, this guy is saying we need a Covid Safe Plan, a work permit and only one person on site.. how is this different from where we currently are? Work permits are only for permitted workers, when are we actually going to become a permitted worker doing maintenance not just emergency and essential work?

(Apologies if this reads as critical, not an attack on you, just frustrated for clarity so we can work without risking a fine and there's a lot of bad info out there and local polies and federal ones still just trying to score points.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    Unfortunately need to wait till we hear officially from DD..

COVID plan for solo operator doesn’t make sense. Work permits don’t make sense either considering it would be pretty obvious by power hungry coppers what is we are doing considering the equipment/trailers etc on any given site. ABN numbers can prove that. But if it’s what D**k head Dan wants then so be it.

What if your employee is living with you ie wife, partner, child etc..that needs to be cleared up regarding working solo.

These MP’s don’t know a lot with all due respect so no point speculating till it’s announced officially.

I’m over it...!
    I agree. I honestly thought I would get a different reply. I was hoping that information may have been made available online some time this week, so we had time to get everything done, that we need to do.
    I'll be waiting and watching the Sunday presser to find out for sure.

I agree. I honestly thought I would get a different reply. I was hoping that information may have been made available online some time this week, so we had time to get everything done, that we need to do.
    I'll be waiting and watching the Sunday presser to find out for sure.
    Don't worry guys, we will be able to do some work! Better than some atm but unfortunately no where near what we want. Just gotta hang in there

Yeah just wait until official announcement as that info cannot be correct

Surely they will do that before Sunday

I hope there's some way we can have an employee with us even if in seperate vehicle... otherwise we won't get a day off until xmas!

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    They are still open in Melb's West... the one I go to has been busier than ever according to them (not sure if from ppl cleaning up while in lockdown or because other tips are closed? )

SORRY ABOUT THE SIZE

Also rang and got the same ..To me thats good enough for me and ive rang all customers about when i will be there next week.Ive got a work permit for a covering all sites and run a log of time in time out of each customer...This message above is clear as with other info on the health site so i am going it ...btw way ive lost about 3 clients to other contractors that are working...when ive done my permitted premises i see a lot of dodgy contractors out there

I personaly would not be catching any lawns, even if they had green bins and insisted. too many regular customers will be forced to put up with over grown yards while a few get manicured lawns.

I wouldnt even trim or edge the first round, just mow with chute open and drop it on the ground and spray the edges after. If they are VIP lawns maybe dont spray the vert edges.

That way you will get through the round in half the time and the second round you can go to semii normal service "mow and edging".

It could be the only way to sevice all the customers as you cant use help and you need to get the grass down to a managable length on all properties first.

If a customer wasnt happy or wanted a discount because you wouldnt catch or edge for the first round, DROP THEM. Just give them the reply "Due to our current work load, we are currently unable to Service your property to your requirements, Thankyou for your business.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    I personaly would not be catching any lawns, even if they had green bins and insisted. too many regular customers will be forced to put up with over grown yards while a few get manicured lawns.

I wouldnt even trim or edge the first round, just mow with chute open and drop it on the ground and spray the edges after. If they are VIP lawns maybe dont spray the vert edges.

That way you will get through the round in half the time and the second round you can go to semii normal service "mow and edging".

It could be the only way to sevice all the customers as you cant use help and you need to get the grass down to a managable length on all properties first.

If a customer wasnt happy or wanted a discount because you wouldnt catch or edge for the first round, DROP THEM. Just give them the reply "Due to our current work load, we are currently unable to Service your property to your requirements, Thankyou for your business.

good luck
    lucky youd ont operate down here lol you would get run out of town mowing and spraying edges like that....suck it up all of my lawns will be serviced and the will be edged and caught....

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post

good luck
    Each to their own!! I know I would be a lot more busy if you were working my area.

I would probably do a combination of some of the above and other things after talking to the clients. Most will understand and work with you but most won't like to be treated like s**t

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast