Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Gardening and landscaping sole traders safely able to work alone and outside

Does it apply to Company? It said ONLY sole trader

Wink Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    and worse he's put the fine up to 5k..fck wit he is!!Some operators are going to use two vehicles the first to whip then the next one rocks up after they finished and mows lol its fcking ridiculous ,if it was serious you would laugh your Arse off
    Is anyone going to do the blowing??

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Is anyone going to do the blowing??

will be blown away by the wind. No need the extra person

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post

Who would know unless of course you a member of the Union. They get a get out a jail free card. Council crews have been in groups since this began. I’ve taken 2 photos of a team of 3 and 5. Standing around talking with each other, no masks etc which I will use as evidence if need be. I’d suggest you all to do the same when you’re out and about, wouldn’t hurt if you need to argue your case.

As far as a companies, I have also witnessed (couldn’t get a photo but will try next time ) a fairly big privately owned maintenance company, which I won’t name, in teams working at a big commercial property and this was under the previous restrictions so DD and his 7 dwarfs make decisions based on god knows what.

In my case, I will be 2 up as of Monday and if I get pulled up then I’m well prepared to argue.

I think companies your size could be still on holidays!

Goodluck guys and girls

Well it looks like we came out ok, worked 10 days straight, still have a couple to catch up on, but they are on long cycles so no problems. Only lost one long term client, they found some scumbag who agreed to break the restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Well it looks like we came out ok, worked 10 days straight, still have a couple to catch up on, but they are on long cycles so no problems. Only lost one long term client, they found some scumbag who agreed to break the restrictions.
    Same as me. All been taken care of.
    Also i lost one big commercial due to someone mowed their lawn during stage 4 restriction.

Same as me. All been taken care of.
    Also i lost one big commercial due to someone mowed their lawn during stage 4 restriction.
    They were across the road from an business I was doing (with a permit and letter of authorisation) and told me they could not get their guy to do the lawn even when they asked him to.
    So that was good enough for me

On another note, I found something interesting regarding the change of face mask type rule effective this Monday. I wear the sock type the covers neck face etc. that you pull up which doesn’t fog up my glasses.

Anyway, under the OH&S Act, if it is a requirement to wear PPE, and in our case safety glasses in particular, and face masks interfere with operating equipment ie fogging up, then we have actually have an exemption to wearing one at all but only whilst on the tools.

Basically saying that PPE has priority over masks. I wear one anyway and will for do so whilst on the tools. Will not wear the other type.

You can look it up on the exemption rules on both the DHS & OH&S website with no need to apply for an actual exemption in writing.

Very Helpful Member

If anyone needs masks I saw these at Bunnings 50 pack for $14.95 https://www.bunnings.com.au/sojo-dis...-pack_p0209295
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Very Helpful Member

I was about to pull over and take a photo to show my wife an example of social distancing at it's best roughly eight people all in a group all standing close together and some having physical contact while I was looking, luckily I realised before I did that stopping and taking pictures of girls in a primary school was probably not a good idea
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Welcome back to the "land of the living" lawnies. You guys & girls who have your little helpers should be able to get quite a bit more done in the day and get home before 7pm

But very much like "Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage," you should get your own advice

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post

Welcome back to the "land of the living" lawnies. You guys & girls who have your little helpers should be able to get quite a bit more done in the day and get home before 7pm

But very much like "Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage," you should get your own advice
    Looking forward to it! Let the season begin!

After sales not gettig affected at all by the virus, the last few weeks has seen the effect, the changes to the job keeper has been the tipping point, lost quite a few customers, a couple of businesses that are doing it themselves to keep the work force employed and few residentuials that just havent got the money or have a family member not working.

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast