Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    DD has left the door open!

Definition of maintenance
    1: the act of maintaining : the state of being maintained : SUPPORT
    The building has suffered from years of poor maintenance.
    2: something that maintains
    at least half of them are living parasitically on the other half instead of producing maintenance for themselves
    — G. B. Shaw
    3: the upkeep of property or equipment
    the maintenance of the school
    4: an officious or unlawful intermeddling in a legal suit by assisting either party with means to carry it on

When I did the mowing today, my client neighbour called the police for unknown reasons. Two policemen saw me doing the blowing and didn't say anything to me. they just stood no more than 10mtr from me

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    I've just been alerted by one of my Body Corporates that Gardeners can start again.

It now includes the following provision, which appears to allow some garden maintenance, landscaping companies to provide services:
    The following businesses can open under restrictions. If their employees are unable to work from home they can leave home to attend work.
    ē Solo outdoor services where physical distancing can be maintained at all times. The following businesses with an ABN:
    o Outdoor maintenance, repairs, cleaning and other building work, including at occupied premises.
    o Home renovations and installations(outdoor only)
    o Home solar panel installations (only for outdoor work or in roof cavities with external access).
    mate I really hope you are correct.I have dealt with the authorities on several levels and the word outdoor maintenance only refers to building maintenance because I was advised they are static unlike us generally moving from job to job many times a day..If you compare the last lock down when we went back they specifically mentioned gardening , so unless they mention that tonight tomorrow I am staying home..but every one is entitled to their interpretation I just went to the Hotline and seemed answers from basic to supervisors to managers and to me It was clear that we are not to work.

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    When I did the mowing today, my client neighbour called the police for unknown reasons. Two policemen saw me doing the blowing and didn't say anything to me. they just stood no more than 10mtr from me
    Personally its not the law that worries me its the look on your business as some and I say some customers dont like it..People hear on the radio no gardeners allowed like on 3aw this morning on the rumour file ..Knock you socks off to work but seriously if you getting paid by the gov surely you wait a couple of weeks , its not like the grass is growing to extent you need a tractor to mow it...

Its' not about I get paid or not. I'm just too tired of staying at home and driving me crazy just doing nothing. Also, too tired of watching TV or browsing internet, nothing to clean up anymore at the garage. If I have a chance to work outside why not as long as the rules permitted.

Its' not about I get paid or not. I'm just too tired of staying at home and driving me crazy just doing nothing. Also, too tired of watching TV or browsing internet, nothing to clean up anymore at the garage. If I have a chance to work outside why not as long as the rules permitted.
    thatís cool do whatever you feel Ö I am not judging anyone and i k ow there are contractors doing it tough and I completely understand their plight . Looking for loop holes not just us but many in our society will do nothing to contain this thing. I am so sick of people saying itís just a cold flue and why should i get vaccinatedÖ donít care what they say I am looking for my family as are contractors thatís have to work but to work because you are bored is something thatís up to you .. Fcuk man surely life is more than just working Ö just saying

Another update, I'm just relaying what my body corps are passing on. Do your own investigation?

The Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions confirms:
    In metropolitan Melbourne, landscaping and garden maintenance works may continue where they are occurring as part of a new build, or as a standalone project on an existing property where there are no residents. There has been a recent change to the Table of Restrictions. Work in occupied premises is not permitted, except for the provision of solo outdoor maintenance services by businesses with an ABN where physical distancing can be always maintained.

Coming from 3 cops I know very well, gardeners are not on their radar and don’t care about us outside working alone. They are only targeting blatant rule breakers ie gatherings, parties and those trying to flee to Regional Vic.

That’s how they have been briefed as rules around who can and can’t work is clear as mud and far too many inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    we are not maintenance we have a different code thatís why we are getting the grant . we are moving where as maintenance is generally static . I was advised by hotline No work . 3 aw found out from authorities that no lawn mowing yet ..
    ASIC code 7313 is classified as Home Maintenance & Gardening.

I've decided I'm ignoring the body corporate company and staying at home, Getting conflicting advise on business Victoria website. So taking the attitude why bust a boiler,

I've decided I'm ignoring the body corporate company and staying at home, Getting conflicting advise on business Victoria website. So taking the attitude why bust a boiler,
    Yep, I’ve done the same.

Another inconsistency I’ve just found is Non-essential retail Anzisc code 4213 (Garden supplies) should be closed, yet all around me have been open throughout this whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    Yep, I’ve done the same.

Another inconsistency I’ve just found is Non-essential retail Anzisc code 4213 (Garden supplies) should be closed, yet all around me have been open throughout this whole time.
    And besides it's windy and uncomfortable outside, here the heater is on

I just rang our mate Jim, and she was keen to book me in, but basically said some guys were, some guys weren't, and she had no idea about the restrictions. You would think the call centre would know, and they would be enforcing the rules.

From the tone of her voice, I think she knew they shouldnt be.

Wow 1st time I have rung Jim, blocked my number of course, don't want them harrassing me.

Anyone heard yet if we’re getting a round 4 payment? I’m thinking I’ll stay at home if we’re getting another payment and go back to work if we’re not. I figure if the government wants us to stay home they’ll pay us for another week, if they don’t want to pay us, back to work tomorrow. My concern is double dipping and having to pay them back unexpectedly sometime in next four years or however long we agreed to the audit when we signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Anyone heard yet if we’re getting a round 4 payment? I’m thinking I’ll stay at home if we’re getting another payment and go back to work if we’re not. I figure if the government wants us to stay home they’ll pay us for another week, if they don’t want to pay us, back to work tomorrow. My concern is double dipping and having to pay them back unexpectedly sometime in next four years or however long we agreed to the audit when we signed up.
    The announcement indicates it is, I am guessing we will be included again. Automatic payment if you got it last time

I just rang our mate Jim, and she was keen to book me in, but basically said some guys were, some guys weren't, and she had no idea about the restrictions. You would think the call centre would know, and they would be enforcing the rules.

From the tone of her voice, I think she knew they shouldnt be.

Wow 1st time I have rung Jim, blocked my number of course, don't want them harrassing me.
    The Jims Melbourne call centre is for most of Australia.
    some franchisee will be taking work for when lockdown is lifted

grass cutter

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast