Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

  1. #511
    Senior Member bb1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Beaconsfield, Victoria
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    Quote Originally Posted by grass cutter View Post
    The Jims Melbourne call centre is for most of Australia.
    some franchisee will be taking work for when lockdown is lifted

    grass cutter
    I'm aware of that, but I specifically asked for my suburb of Melbourne, and for today. Jim is encouraging dodginess or else his call centre would have said none of our guys are working.

  2. #512
    Senior Member Chris B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,363

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Without spending any money asking my accountant I thought it contributed to my taxable income and the debt your grand kids will be paying!
    It doesn't count as taxable income and no GST ... but don't worry your grand kids will still have to cough up lol

  3. #513

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    It doesn't count as taxable income and no GST ... but don't worry your grand kids will still have to cough up lol

    Only with a Paternity Test!
    https://www.southeastmowing.com.au/careers/
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's Time!!!
    https://buyaussienow.com.au, https://buy-australia.com.au, https://australianmade.com.au, https://buyaustralianmade.com.au,
    https://madeinaustralia.com.au, https://aumanufacturing.com.au, https://austrade.gov.au

  4. #514

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    The announcement indicates it is, I am guessing we will be included again. Automatic payment if you got it last time
    Guessed WRONG!
    https://www.southeastmowing.com.au/careers/
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's Time!!!
    https://buyaussienow.com.au, https://buy-australia.com.au, https://australianmade.com.au, https://buyaustralianmade.com.au,
    https://madeinaustralia.com.au, https://aumanufacturing.com.au, https://austrade.gov.au

  5. #515

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    DD has left the door open!

    Definition of maintenance
    1: the act of maintaining : the state of being maintained : SUPPORT
    The building has suffered from years of poor maintenance.
    2: something that maintains
    at least half of them are living parasitically on the other half instead of producing maintenance for themselves
    G. B. Shaw
    3: the upkeep of property or equipment
    the maintenance of the school
    4: an officious or unlawful intermeddling in a legal suit by assisting either party with means to carry it on

    Updated Again- Dont trust what I say ! Have a look for yourself

    Services that operate solely outdoors where physical distancing can be maintained at all times. Permitted for up to five people (with an additional supervisor) for businesses with an ABN:
    Outdoor maintenance, repairs, cleaning and other building work, including at occupied premises.
    Home renovations and installations (outdoor only)
    Home solar panel installations (only for outdoor work or in roof cavities with external access).
    pet grooming mobile services that can be undertaken in a contactless manner (businesses with an ABN) and operate solely outdoors where physical distancing can be maintained at all times; or
    pamphlets and advertising material delivery services to solely outdoor mailboxes where physical distancing can be maintained at all times. Permitted for up to five people for businesses with an ABN.
    https://www.southeastmowing.com.au/careers/
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's Time!!!
    https://buyaussienow.com.au, https://buy-australia.com.au, https://australianmade.com.au, https://buyaustralianmade.com.au,
    https://madeinaustralia.com.au, https://aumanufacturing.com.au, https://austrade.gov.au

  6. #516
    Senior Member geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Clyde
    Posts
    3,509

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Guessed WRONG!
    Well John if you read the state government grants once you in the system its a auto pay every lock down regardless ..Last time on the 2 week of the lock down it specifiaclly mention gardening in permitted businesses unlike this time AND WE GOT PAID 2800 and we were allowed to work..so week 1 2800 week 2 2800 and it goes on and on and on hahahahaha ..geez I love Dan

  7. #517
    Senior Member geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Clyde
    Posts
    3,509

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    It doesn't count as taxable income and no GST ... but don't worry your grand kids will still have to cough up lol
    correct ATO ruling has now grants not subject to gst and NON TAXABLE un like job keeper where its added to your turnover and subject to tax...

  8. #518
    Senior Member bb1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Beaconsfield, Victoria
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    What construction, building and maintenance work can occur at occupied premises?

    In occupied premises, certain work in occupied premises can continue if:

    the service provider has an ABN
    the service is provided by five or less people, plus a supervisor
    the work occurs outside
    physical distancing can always be maintained.
    Under these conditions, the following outdoor work can continue:

    maintenance, repairs, cleaning and other building work (including painting and pool maintenance)
    home renovations and installations
    home solar panel installations (if roof cavity access is required, it must have external access)
    landscaping and gardening.
    Essential maintenance is permitted indoors or outdoors whether the premises is occupied or not.

    All workers must wear face masks indoors and outdoors, unless a lawful reason not to wear one applies.

  9. #519
    Member Redeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shoalhaven ,NSW
    Posts
    5,517

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    We've (NSW) just been locked down state-wide for a week....reckon it'll go longer the way our case numbers are rising




    http://curraronggardening.com/

    "All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

  10. #520
    Senior Member Chris B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,363

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Well John if you read the state government grants once you in the system its a auto pay every lock down regardless ..Last time on the 2 week of the lock down it specifiaclly mention gardening in permitted businesses unlike this time AND WE GOT PAID 2800 and we were allowed to work..so week 1 2800 week 2 2800 and it goes on and on and on hahahahaha ..geez I love Dan
    I haven't received an email about additional automatic grant payments like previous times yet... have you?

  11. #521
    Senior Member Chris B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,363

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    What construction, building and maintenance work can occur at occupied premises?

    In occupied premises, certain work in occupied premises can continue if:

    the service provider has an ABN
    the service is provided by five or less people, plus a supervisor
    the work occurs outside
    physical distancing can always be maintained.
    Under these conditions, the following outdoor work can continue:

    maintenance, repairs, cleaning and other building work (including painting and pool maintenance)
    home renovations and installations
    home solar panel installations (if roof cavity access is required, it must have external access)
    landscaping and gardening.
    Essential maintenance is permitted indoors or outdoors whether the premises is occupied or not.

    All workers must wear face masks indoors and outdoors, unless a lawful reason not to wear one applies.

    is that current info?

    On this website https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/a...-worker-list-0
    it doesn't mention gardening???
    does say maintenance etc although previous lockdown it specifically mentioned gardening
    no wonder ppl are confused

  12. #522
    Senior Member bb1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Beaconsfield, Victoria
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    I haven't received an email about additional automatic grant payments like previous times yet... have you?
    No ....................

  13. #523
    Senior Member bb1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Beaconsfield, Victoria
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    is that current info?

    On this website https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/a...-worker-list-0
    it doesn't mention gardening???
    does say maintenance etc although previous lockdown it specifically mentioned gardening
    no wonder ppl are confused
    This link, under construction, yesterday it didnt mention Gardening, it has now being added

    https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/h...ons#other-faqs

  14. #524
    Senior Member Chris B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,363

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    This link, under construction, yesterday it didnt mention Gardening, it has now being added

    https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/h...ons#other-faqs

    thanks
    be good if they updated both lists on their website

  15. #525
    Senior Member bb1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Beaconsfield, Victoria
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    thanks
    be good if they updated both lists on their website
    Took me a while to find it, only because one of my clients was grumpy because I wasnt coming, yet they found that I could. I dumped them straight away, dont want grumpy demanding clients, even though they were right.

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •