Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    This is off the ATO website:

"To meet the 1 July test you must satisfy all of the following on 1 July 2020:

you were employed by the eligible employer (or another entity in their wholly owned group), either as a
    non-casual employee (whether full-time, part-time or fixed-term)
    long-term casual employee (employed on a regular and systematic basis during the 12 month period that ended 1 July) and you were not a permanent employee of any other employer"

So am I reading that right, does that mean my casual employee who has been with me since before Xmas will now be eligible once my turnover drops? Did this change, I thought they had to be with you for at least 12months???

Off the top of my head, sounds like you're comparing whether your employee is eligible for jobkeeper.... with your business being eligible for cash flow boost payments

Very Helpful Member

To save me hours of searching Government websites I was wondering if anyone could post a link to the forms I need to fill out and carry for exemption
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

https://www.vic.gov.au/worker-permit-scheme

I love how we have to fill it out to ourselves as both the employer and employee

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    To save me hours of searching Government websites I was wondering if anyone could post a link to the forms I need to fill out and carry for exemption
    Stay home Ian!! Didn't you see the weather forecast for next week? Have a cuppa, turn the heater on and relax. Get bored sh****ss so you are keen & ready for what happens on 15/9

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Stay home Ian!! Didn't you see the weather forecast for next week? Have a cuppa, turn the heater on and relax. Get bored sh****ss so you are keen & ready for what happens on 15/9
    Don't worry I am staying home but will have to do this place on Saturday or Sunday they did it themselves early last week and said it will need doing on about the 22nd
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Off the top of my head, sounds like you're comparing whether your employee is eligible for jobkeeper.... with your business being eligible for cash flow boost payments
    I think and hopefully have it right that my employee will be eligible for jobkeeper even though he hasn't been with me for 12months. I'm already received subsidies after lodging last two BAS's and when turnover is down I think I'll be eligible for jobkeeper too as an eligible business participant. ????????????????????

Very Helpful Member

https://www.vic.gov.au/worker-permit-scheme

I love how we have to fill it out to ourselves as both the employer and employee
    Thanks Chris B

I think and hopefully have it right that my employee will be eligible for jobkeeper even though he hasn't been with me for 12months. I'm already received subsidies after lodging last two BAS's and when turnover is down I think I'll be eligible for jobkeeper too as an eligible business participant. ????????????????????

Sounds like you're in a similar situation to me. The way I understand it, is that if your employee is casual then it must be long term casual 12 months plus .

And yes you should be eligible for job jobkeeper yourself as an eligible business participant

The last 2 subsidies you received are automatic whereas jobkeeper you need to actively apply for it

Login to the ato business portal and register yourself for jobkeeper now if you haven't already.... as I'm pretty sure this cannot be backdated. Once registered you lodge financials at end of month i think.... then they pay you

If your employee isn't eligible to claim jobkeeper through you or another employee, then they can apply for jobseeker through centrelink

*** hope this helps but double check all this info as this is just going from memory Haha

Also dunno why they chose similar names jobkeeper / jobseeker !

Sounds like you're in a similar situation to me. The way I understand it, is that if your employee is casual then it must be long term casual 12 months plus .

And yes you should be eligible for job jobkeeper yourself as an eligible business participant

The last 2 subsidies you received are automatic whereas jobkeeper you need to actively apply for it

Login to the ato business portal and register yourself for jobkeeper now if you haven't already.... as I'm pretty sure this cannot be backdated. Once registered you lodge financials at end of month i think.... then they pay you

If your employee isn't eligible to claim jobkeeper through you or another employee, then they can apply for jobseeker through centrelink

*** hope this helps but double check all this info as this is just going from memory Haha

Also dunno why they chose similar names jobkeeper / jobseeker !
    Yes you are correct, my accountant emailed today to say my employee won't be eligible for Jobkeeper because I haven't employed him for the full 12months. Pretty confusing but I guess the government chose the word "during" instead of "throughout" because throughout probably refers to full time employees. He'll have to go on Jobseeker.

Yes you are correct, my accountant emailed today to say my employee won't be eligible for Jobkeeper because I haven't employed him for the full 12months. Pretty confusing but I guess the government chose the word "during" instead of "throughout" because throughout probably refers to full time employees. He'll have to go on Jobseeker.
    Bugger! . .

so if stage 4 continues past sept 13 ( rumours hopefully untrue suggesting another few weeks ) what are you going to do..I think i will fill out the form for every job i have and call it essential work as the grass will be so long that it will be a hazard..In 4 weeks time I am ready to go and probably will

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    so if stage 4 continues past sept 13 ( rumours hopefully untrue suggesting another few weeks ) what are you going to do..I think i will fill out the form for every job i have and call it essential work as the grass will be so long that it will be a hazard..In 4 weeks time I am ready to go and probably will
    Maybe worth a read for Vic contractors....
    https://www.landscapingvictoria.com....5-10-08-20.pdf

Don't you listen to and believe the great one DD? We will beat this if we all stick together. We WILL wake up to a new day, the sun WILL shine again and the grass WILL be green.Very very green and really really long, and f....n hard work.

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Don't you listen to and believe the great one DD? We will beat this if we all stick together. We WILL wake up to a new day, the sun WILL shine again and the grass WILL be green.Very very green and really really long, and f....n hard work.
    I think you have it wrong pretty sure he said "We will beat this if we all far stay apart"

actually i am really enjoying time off..watching the rain tumbling down..scomos nice little giveaways ..end of aug we are getting JS 4500 and JS 2700 so rather stay at home ..
    Just a little warning to those getting Job Keeper, It is taxable, so effectively you will most likely be giving a third of it back to ScoMo, so don't spend it all at once.

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast