Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    I've said for a long time that these days saying I barrack for an AFL / NFL team is a bit like saying I barrack for Coles or Woolies or saying which power company you barrack for it's all about money and doesn't matter about loyalty to a club or player as long as the money's there none of the seem to care
    spot on!! might have to borrow that....

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Very Helpful Member

Just listening to DD and it appears we are screwed another 3 weeks before we can work WTF
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

That is correct but only if the numbers get to a certain level. September 28 is the date i took from the pen pushers................

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    I

Just got the inside whisper from a local MP I know (also a dickhed but in the know) that Kim Jong Dan May extend the current restrictions for another 2 weeks regardless of the daily case numbers. Might not apply to our industry but don’t know for sure so a heads up

Apologies to put a dampener on things...

Attachment 9583
    My local MP was right...!

Let’s see if Jim sticks to his guns telling his guys to work as of the 14th

I thought I heard that gardening maintenance was going to be added with the 101000 ppl that can go back to work(the modified list of allowed workers that starts on the 13th Sep) Need to wait for the list to come online to be certain. I could be wrong though it was hard to hear here.

Nothing changes from the 14th except extra hour of exercise, curfew 9pm instead of 8pm and people living on their own can have 1 visitor and playgrounds open. All else remains as is.

101000 workers he mentioned is effective the 28th so Yes, we are screwed for another 3 weeks..!

Nothing changes from the 14th except extra hour of exercise, curfew 9pm instead of 8pm and people living on their own can have 1 visitor and playgrounds open. All else remains as is.

101000 workers he mentioned is effective the 28th so Yes, we are screwed for another 3 weeks..!
    Ok, I miss heard it, thanks.

There could still be plenty of opportunities out there. How about this one?
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    If I was still a betting man I would drop quite a few $$ (would want reasonable odds) on stage 4 NOT being lifted. It may be a stage 3.5 or something with more work being allowed, but still curfews, recreational movements restricted and masks being worn etc.

My opinion is they are trying to set us up for being relieved and thankful when the government says they are easing to 3.5 or similar.
    Keeping us all on edge about it now hoping we may put in that extra effort to do all the right things so he can make the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!
    Now if I got those reasonable odds I was after i would not give a s*** what day we would be returning to work!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    The extension of stage 4 is an old draught false alarm so advised .. hope so just have to wait for the real thing
    The Real Deal is here! It's an extension of stage 4!!!

Very Helpful Member

Apparently we are a risk because we visit multiple sites per day and it's irrelevant that we may speak to or have contact with anyone at these site ,unlike the shop assistant at the bottle shop who may serve and have contact with about 600 people per day all of who could have picked up and put down multiple containers while in store after coughing into their hands before entering. makes perfect sense to me that we aren't allowed to work
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Apparently we are a risk because we visit multiple sites per day and it's irrelevant that we may speak to or have contact with anyone at these site ,unlike the shop assistant at the bottle shop who may serve and have contact with about 600 people per day all of who could have picked up and put down multiple containers while in store after coughing into their hands before entering. makes perfect sense to me that we aren't allowed to work
    It’s pure logic diarrhoea..

Btw, went past a couple of strata corps I mange on Saturday and the grass is around 12 inches high, weeds even longer. Looks like sh*t. Can’t image how it will look in another 3 weeks...

It’s pure logic diarrhoea..

Btw, went past a couple of strata corps I mange on Saturday and the grass is around 12 inches high, weeds even longer. Looks like sh*t. Can’t image how it will look in another 3 weeks...
    How does 24 inches+ look like? Weeds even longer! With temps around 20c and just a little rain it's not going to be easy going on 28/9 (or possibly later)

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    How does 24 inches+ look like? Weeds even longer! With temps around 20c and just a little rain it's not going to be easy going on 28/9 (or possibly later)
    Yeah, I’m hearing ya. At least the Magpie swooping season will be just about over by them. Got hit by one of those pr***s last year. Lol.

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast