Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    In some ways I'm almost glad for another 2weeks just wish it wasn't at the start of spring,I started tidying my work bench and shed on the 30th August I'm about half way through now I can start on the garage when I finish the shed
    mate you have toooooooo much time on your hands lol

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    mate you have toooooooo much time on your hands lol
    I agree, I haven't had this much time off in one go in over 45 years
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I don't understand why I'm not allowed to exercise by walking for 2hours while pushing a lawnmower on grass
    What don't you understand Ian? You are!

But you will probably need to go a bit faster than what you are doing cleaning your shed out if you want to complete your front and back yard

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Yes Ive seen that in other docs thanks for reminding me . ok back to building my deck lol
    Should be onto the pergola now!

DD’s contact tracing policy as follows..

1. Get test results faxed (check fax machine has new thermal paper roll)
    2. Make a call from a corded old Skool telephone.
    3. Hand write results on paper, fold and put in envelope
    4. Walk to PO, stand in que, purchase & lick stamp
    5. Place licked stamp on envelope
    6. Walk to designated letter box and post
    7. Wait 7-10 days to receive letter.
    8. Mission accomplished.
    9. Repeat steps 1 - 7 for every case

THANK F**K WE HAVE A SOLID TRACING SYSTEM IN PLACE OR WE’D BE SCREWED...!

So confused are we going to be allowed to work in Metro Melbourne at step 2 (28th September)or step 3 (26th October)???

https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-c...etro-melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    So confused are we going to be allowed to work in Metro Melbourne at step 2 (28th September)or step 3 (26th October)???

Dan said 28 Sep

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    Dan said 28 Sep
    He also originally said 14th Sept
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I believe he will give you another 10k to stay at home - sole traders included

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    sorry to disappoint you but he's giving us nothing that's why he had no problem including us in the extended lock down as it costs him nothing

sorry to disappoint you but he's giving us nothing that's why he had no problem including us in the extended lock down as it costs him nothing
    Me might at best be entitled to $3k but meeting the criteria is the hard part. Details on eligibility will be released Friday 18th

There's nothing in writing anywhere, they are hoping to get it in writing and official next week, then it will be listed n the websites about who and how it is to go about.

I was talking to my wife about it yesterday how there isn't anything formal anywhere apart from Dan mentioning it and a few local mp's trying to look good and writing it on their facebook page. So she rang the business line and was told the above.

One of the ones I saw on facebook
    An important update for sole traders with gardening, landscaping and garden maintenance businesses:

From Monday 28 September, gardening, landscaping and garden maintenance businesses who have an ABN will be added to the permitted worker list. (subject to meeting the case number threshold)

This is under the condition that one person works alone, entirely outside and contact-free.

This is part of the Second Step which will see around 100,000 Victorians return to work with changes to construction, manufacturing, wholesale trade and warehousing, postal and distribution and childcare.

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    It's not free, its a loan which taxpayers need to pay later on

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    It's not free, its a loan which taxpayers need to pay later on
    Don't worry mate!!

This is what I think is going to happen - just in such a grander scopeIt's happening right before our eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVkiUlryzgk

@brett73

Thanks for that, wonder if the member is right, I guess time will tell. Fingers crossed about single operator though, my staff member hasn't got a license so it'll be a bummer if he can't come back to work as well.

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast