Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    What's wrong with you giving out immature reply like that
    Probably shouldn't have after thinking about it now but I get angry seeing comments like this.

BUT do you realise how many people in Vic especially are doing it really tough and you come out with a comment like this?
    Not me, I'm ok as have been lucky working my a*** off before lock down and taking a few weeks off (work p/t) before we start dancing to DD's tune a little more.

You may want to think again about what you posted as other people would really like to know if this is another BS comment or it has some substance to it. Mostly I call it as I see it, if I am wrong I apologise, if I am immature well! If I speak up for the people doing it tough I will take a kick up the a*** occasionally.

Duck walks into a bar as asks barman “ u got any bread”
    Barman says “Na, don’t have any bread.
    Duck walks out and walks back in and says “ u got any bread”
    Barman says again “ Na, don’t have any bread”
    Duck walks out and walks back in and says “ u got any bread”
    Barman says, “NO, AND IF U ASK ME AGAIN I WILL NAIL UR BEAK TO THE BAR..!
    Duck walks out and walks back in and says “ u got any nails”
    Barman says, no got no nails.
    Duck says, “ u got any bread”

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Until the next lock down which is expected soon after Xmas/new year
    I remember media talking about this a while back, this was months ago when there was a real concern we wouldnt get the numbers down before christmas. This talk was before Vic exploded and the stage 4 was put in place. The numbers now are better everyday and hopefully they will put limits on christmas and new year if numbers are not zero.

They were just discussing the possiable the next spike could because of christmas/new year but ended up being the Motel Quarantiene

They were saying Christmas and new year would be high transmission events. families have close contact and share food like buffets is risky and if christmas/new year was done like any other year they would expect a spike next year and further resrictions.

This was before Dan Andrews, the people Victoria/Melbourne stepped up to save Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    I remember media talking about this a while back, this was months ago when there was a real concern we wouldnt get the numbers down before christmas.
    Having being home for the last 7 weeks, and having listened to some of the press conferences, I don't think we should listen to anything the media say, they don't listen to any of the information provided, ask the most stupid questions and are just a dumb bunch of people. Thank goodness the media don't run the country.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Having being home for the last 7 weeks, and having listened to some of the press conferences, I don't think we should listen to anything the media say, they don't listen to any of the information provided, ask the most stupid questions and are just a dumb bunch of people. Thank goodness the media don't run the country.
    actually, l think Rupert et.al. have an awful lot of influence in the LNP......esp the IPA

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Dan Andrews just announced solo operators only. No "2up" might be another 3 weeks till we can work as teams again.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Dan Andrews just announced solo operators only. No "2up" might be another 3 weeks till we can work as teams again.
    My employee is my wife who lives with me so we will be 2up. I’m happy to take them on if I get asked. Easy answer is council workers are anywhere from 3- 5 in a team and they don’t live together so pleas explain the risk..

F**k em. I’m over the double standards

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    My employee is my wife who lives with me so we will be 2up. I’m happy to take them on if I get asked. Easy answer is council workers are anywhere from 3- 5 in a team and they don’t live together so pleas explain the risk..

F**k em. I’m over the double standards
    and worse he's put the fine up to 5k..fck wit he is!!Some operators are going to use two vehicles the first to whip then the next one rocks up after they finished and mows lol its fcking ridiculous ,if it was serious you would laugh your Arse off

I'm with you edge. Working with my wife. Surely that is acceptable?? Done everything right for 8 weeks. We will be in the same car tomorrow!
    BLUEBOY

Can anyone send a link to the appropriate government site? Its like a maze looking for this info and when you think youve found it, its old info!!
    BLUEBOY

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEVBOY View Post
    Can anyone send a link to the appropriate government site? Its like a maze looking for this info and when you think youve found it, its old info!!
    I've found everything else has been updated except the page relevant to industries allowed to commence work. I've given up looking and have put off starting until Tuesday. I can't afford to get it wrong so 1 more day wont hurt me.

Quote Originally Posted by brett73 View Post
    I've found everything else has been updated except the page relevant to industries allowed to commence work. I've given up looking and have put off starting until Tuesday. I can't afford to get it wrong so 1 more day wont hurt me.
    All relevant websites are still updating coz sh.# t for brains Dan left it till today to announce and say to check back soon. Having said that, the info is a dogs breakfast to navigate and a real PITA. I did read that all businesses need to be compliant by the 29th so me thinks it’s a a days grace period.

Blueboy, make sure u issue a work permit for your wife and yourself to cover yourself. You never know with these drunk with power coppers might try and pull us up for the slightest thing.

I will have with me every bit of paperwork I can find including a COVID safe plan which for us is pretty simple. Other than that D**k head Dan can go F**k himself...lol

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEVBOY View Post
    Agree - I can't quite get over how complex this has all become.

I can't promise this is the latest information, but these appear to be the main pages to look at....

1. Roadmap 'homepage':
    https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-c...tions-roadmaps

2. Second step summary (which will apply to Melbourne Metro from tomorrow):
    https://www.vic.gov.au/second-step-c...ad-to-recovery

3. Industry restrictions by Step (this page is updated with each change - you guys are under "Industry, food and personal services" then "Repairs, Maintenance and Cleaning"
    This is where it says "Gardening and landscaping sole traders safely able to work alone and outside."
    https://www.vic.gov.au/industry-rest...etro-melbourne

Hope that helps!

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by 33293 View Post
    Agree - I can't quite get over how complex this has all become.

I can't promise this is the latest information, but these appear to be the main pages to look at....

1. Roadmap 'homepage':
    https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-c...tions-roadmaps

2. Second step summary (which will apply to Melbourne Metro from tomorrow):
    https://www.vic.gov.au/second-step-c...ad-to-recovery

3. Industry restrictions by Step (this page is updated with each change - you guys are under "Industry, food and personal services" then "Repairs, Maintenance and Cleaning"
    This is where it says "Gardening and landscaping sole traders safely able to work alone and outside."
    https://www.vic.gov.au/industry-rest...etro-melbourne

Hope that helps!

Cheers.
    Wish it did!!

How alone is alone??

On a 600sq mtr block maybe you can get a little too close.

On half an acre? 2 acres? 20 acres? If you run 2 cars?

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    All relevant websites are still updating coz sh.# t for brains Dan left it till today to announce and say to check back soon. Having said that, the info is a dogs breakfast to navigate and a real PITA. I did read that all businesses need to be compliant by the 29th so me thinks it’s a a days grace period.

Blueboy, make sure u issue a work permit for your wife and yourself to cover yourself. You never know with these drunk with power coppers might try and pull us up for the slightest thing.

I will have with me every bit of paperwork I can find including a COVID safe plan which for us is pretty simple. Other than that D**k head Dan can go F**k himself...lol

Don't know if he could manage that properly either atm

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast