Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Coronavirus + Business + You

Default Re: Coronavirus + Business + You

They show for me when I'm logged in and I thought they show for everyone when logged in whilst in the pending approval stage.
    When they go though the pending approval stage then they would appear for all viewers is my understanding.
    The screen shot was from my iphone uploaded.

Its basically near no planes flying over Australia in Flight24 tracker in first picture last night.
    The second picture is Flight24 Tracker again at the same time showing USA completely covered in planes like yellow maggots.
    With the condensing of planes much worse when nearing Washington and New York regions.
    Its just astounding the Air Traffic there flying in multiple height layers whilst they have such a bad Corona Outbreak.
    If the pictures are small, zoom in.

Stay safe all, not good with winter coming in Aust with this Virus.

Welcome back Andy B too.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    They show for me when I'm logged in and I thought they show for everyone when logged in whilst in the pending approval stage.
    When they go though the pending approval stage then they would appear for all viewers is my understanding.

Its basically near no planes flying over Australia in Flight24 tracker in first picture last night.
    The second picture is Flight24 Tracker again at the same time showing USA completely covered in planes like yellow maggots.
    With the condensing of planes much worse when nearing Washington and New York regions.
    Its just astounding the Air Traffic there flying in multiple height layers whilst they have such a bad Corona Outbreak.

Welcome back Andy B too.
    It's the super rich scrambling back via private planes to countries where they can buy access to a ventilator/oxygen.

Stage 4 Restrictions should take us out of work when it comes if one reads the New Zealand Rules should Australia be the same.

This is a cut and paste from New Zealand Stage 4
    I've only cut/pasted the Turf Maintenance reference in here.

.................................................. .................................................. .......................................
    Govt.nz - connecting you to New Zealand central & local government services
    LEVEL 4
    New Zealand is currently at Alert Level 4. More information on our alert level
    Additional decisions and exemptions – updated 4.30 pm, 30 March 2020

Turf maintenance is not considered an essential service and should not be undertaken at this time.
    .................................................. .................................................. .......................................
    Full N/Zealand Rules link attached below, guess it gives a guide as what to expect.
    https://covid19.govt.nz/government-a...al-businesses/
    Cheers Garry

Corona Impact thoughts beyond surviving this winter,

I'm registered for GST and operate under the entry point for compulsory gst collection.
    Gst on commercial jobs is fine and operates fine, whilst commercial clients like the GST deduction from Invoice.
    Residential don't care for it full stop, they pay $60 for the job, which is invoiced job like $54.55 and $5.45 gst.
    So on residential it can feel like the gst is directly coming from your pocket. It also makes you uncompetitive if you want $60 +$6 gst, when the another operator pockets $55 or $60 for the same job type.
    All plumbers/electricains are licensed and charge bigger fees and all are Gst registered, so the playing field is even.
    I know you not losing the whole 10% because your claiming the gst deduction on purchases/expenses.

What am I getting at, Corona is costing 100's Billions upon Billions 15-20% GDP. Defence is only just getting to 2%GDP.

I'm convinced that when we are out of this and somewhere in a loose normal economic state and unemployment 8% and declining to old levels.
    The massive debt the gov will be carrying will trigger 15% gst.

Which will make a mowing operator charging 15% gst more uncompetitive and over priced within the low priced market we operator in. With cash operators or part time operators out there not charging 15% gst.
    So if you want $60 for a mowing job it becomes $69 with 15% gst. A $70 job would become $80.50 with 15% gst. Otherwise its coming out of your pocket if you hold the jobs at $60 or $70 inc of 15% gst.
    There are rules and gst claimed pay backs to ATO to cancell GST & BAS reporting. For me the bigger purchases ie Hilux, trailer, rideons, 216's, 560, battery gear etc now fall out of any payback period for claimed gst.

Its time I got out of it timing for the EFY June 30, as I strongly reckon across 2021 there will be a big uncontested push for 15% gst to manage/reduce gov debt and the long term debt carried by the next generation carried for a decade.
    Cheers Garry

GST will probably go up, and at the same time they might well reduce the threshold down to $25k- $30k turnover.

Stage 4 Restrictions should take us out of work when it comes if one reads the New Zealand Rules should Australia be the same.

This is a cut and paste from New Zealand Stage 4
    I've only cut/pasted the Turf Maintenance reference in here.

Govt.nz - connecting you to New Zealand central & local government services
    LEVEL 4
    New Zealand is currently at Alert Level 4. More information on our alert level
    Additional decisions and exemptions – updated 4.30 pm, 30 March 2020

Turf maintenance is not considered an essential service and should not be undertaken at this time.
    Full N/Zealand Rules link attached below, guess it gives a guide as what to expect.
    https://covid19.govt.nz/government-a...al-businesses/
    Thought lawnies who do retirement villages were going to be okay over there until i read further and it specifically said turf maintenance is not essential.

P.S. Thanks for info btw, you legend.

Welcome back Andy B too.
    Yep Gazza , l am worried to especially with winter approaching take care guys

Re my post about GST in this topic heading and my belief that it will rise in 2021 to 15% and make us further uncompetitive, Seeing I'm operating under the threshold time for action.

Well its Job Done, spoke to my accountant and he is deregistering my business as of COB on 31st March 2020. With minimal GST payback due to larger purchases being too far back to come into core ATO guildelines.
    Adjustments owed to ATO to be calculated EFY after June 30 during that EOY tax lodgement that the accountant does.

So todays invoices and moving forward are not gst any more, with my last BAS to do for Jan-March to be done shortly. Yippee!!!
    Just need to update MYOB with changes and communicate to customers.

Home early, had cancellations today from customers saying not to come anymore due to the virus. As we don't want you in our backyard as its too dangerous... "Their words"'...

Accountant strongly advised to take up the Gov Offer, said it 3 times as I said I'll go it self funded I think.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsuzanne View Post
    Yep Gazza , l am worried to especially with winter approaching take care guys
    Not due to covid 19 but I have lost about $20000. pa work due to a few losses over the last 2 months. Have not had this happen for ages but makes you realise how easy it can happen when it does.
    There are a million reasons why you lose them and I just experienced another very unusual reason why with quite a large client. Gotta chase new work when it all starts to happen again!

Interesting times. I have been freaked out by going to places where I have never seen anyone and then suddenly have the windows and curtains shut on me by teenagers home from school. You can see the look on their face, WTF is that noise? I think pretty soon people at home will be going stir crazy and want to do their own gardening which won't help us. Then again when they are confonted with 2 foot high grass that may wear off quickly.

Re my post about GST in this topic heading and my belief that it will rise in 2021 to 15% and make us further uncompetitive, Seeing I'm operating under the threshold time for action.

Well its Job Done, spoke to my accountant and he is deregistering my business as of COB on 31st March 2020. With minimal GST payback due to larger purchases being too far back to come into core ATO guildelines.
    Adjustments owed to ATO to be calculated EFY after June 30 during that EOY tax lodgement that the accountant does.

So todays invoices and moving forward are not gst any more, with my last BAS to do for Jan-March to be done shortly. Yippee!!!
    Just need to update MYOB with changes and communicate to customers.

Home early, had cancellations today from customers saying not to come anymore due to the virus. As we don't want you in our backyard as its too dangerous... "Their words"'...

Accountant strongly advised to take up the Gov Offer, said it 3 times as I said I'll go it self funded I think.
    What is the Gov offer and how does it relate to lawnies?

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    What is the Gov offer and how does it relate to lawnies?
    To sum it up, if your turnover has dropped by 30% then you can get 1500 per fortnight paid monthly for up to 6 months

And / Or 20% drop can access up to 2 x 10k from your super tax free

If you employ staff you may also get 10k when you do your bas automatically and further amounts if eligible

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Interesting times. I have been freaked out by going to places where I have never seen anyone and then suddenly have the windows and curtains shut on me by teenagers home from school. You can see the look on their face, WTF is that noise? I think pretty soon people at home will be going stir crazy and want to do their own gardening which won't help us. Then again when they are confonted with 2 foot high grass that may wear off quickly.
    I was mowing in NSW in a nice area on outskirts of town close to the bush in hills doing a lge cnr block. Had a female driver slow/stop give me a filthy look for working unless it was only in my own imagination and it could well have been just me in our strange times.
    Working both Vic/NSW l'm seeing strong police patrols more so in NSW.

I'm glad I've some quality commercial and some good residential that will hopefully keep me going with limited income whilst we can still work.
    I live in Vic in a residential semi rural area one street from the bush type enviro, some 16-18kms aways from NSW's nearest Bottle return deposit scheme.
    Until last Friday I have never seen within our entire street and the next few streets a bloke go through each yellow bin thoroughly looking for return deposit items. He had a nice car which was full to the brim in the rear seat and hatch of garbage bags of returnables.
    Played back CCTV looking down hill and saw the entire street bins had been gone through. It hit home how hard some people have been hit.
    I've always crushed my yellow bins items, but not crushing now as some people are deeming this as income.

Stay Safe Folks.
    Cheers Garry

l've had a lot of gardening / tree lopping jobs come in - but council have stopped taking green waste so they've all been cancelled, a bugger as they would've paid well.
    An aside to C19 effects, there has been an increase in crime/break-ins here......locals are ready to teach some hard lessons should they be caught in flagrante

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Need to watch your back guys and don't carry too much money on you while out in the field.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast