Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: moved to the dark side.

Default moved to the dark side.

After a few years of rover self propelled ancient mowers in the 90's, then a swag of 215's in the late nineties...and then a wonder of engineering...the Kubota...W5021...best mower ever built other than a sheep...I danced with several 216's..... and now...it has come to this....A masport contractor... heavy, not as heavy as a Kubota, has bull bar and a valve cover bar, no blade brake, and is as quick as a kubota, faster than a 216 at 3600 It sounds like a 5021 after the speed kit, its really heavy...seriously, I cant lift it though I'm an old Bunt. Chute is way better than any of the hondas. It's a heavy mower so maybe the gearbox will fail, but as with the 5021 ...and the hondas, you are sposed to push them as you engage gears....none of us do though....Every 18 months Kubotas needed a gearbox rebuild, Hondas a bit longer, I had a toro 21" self propelled in the old days too, it went like a cut snake, couldn't pick up a whore in Shanghai, but as a side chute ...ate the competition, till the wheels fell off, the the deck blew a huge hole...and then....
    I'll let you know.
    Dean

Default Re: moved to the dark side.

Default Re: moved to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by Deancantmow View Post
    After a few years of rover self propelled ancient mowers in the 90's, then a swag of 215's in the late nineties...and then a wonder of engineering...the Kubota...W5021...best mower ever built other than a sheep...I danced with several 216's..... and now...it has come to this....A masport contractor... heavy, not as heavy as a Kubota, has bull bar and a valve cover bar, no blade brake, and is as quick as a kubota, faster than a 216 at 3600 It sounds like a 5021 after the speed kit, its really heavy...seriously, I cant lift it though I'm an old Bunt. Chute is way better than any of the hondas. It's a heavy mower so maybe the gearbox will fail, but as with the 5021 ...and the hondas, you are sposed to push them as you engage gears....none of us do though....Every 18 months Kubotas needed a gearbox rebuild, Hondas a bit longer, I had a toro 21" self propelled in the old days too, it went like a cut snake, couldn't pick up a whore in Shanghai, but as a side chute ...ate the competition, till the wheels fell off, the the deck blew a huge hole...and then....
    I'll let you know.
    Dean
    I love my Honda 216. It just doesn't die. Bought it in Aug 2012, still going strong. I have a ROVER Sp which I use for home and as a backup but no experience with anything else. Touch wood.