Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cox Ride On Mowers Are They Are They Still Worth Getting

Default Cox Ride On Mowers Are They Are They Still Worth Getting

I have a few, four weekly, fairly well maintained, mulching, bigger lawns that I want to start mowing with a ride on to help rest my tired legs. I need the smaller tractor style ride on because it's all I will be able to carry on my small truck. I read on here Cox and Greenfield are both good. I decided to go with the Cox that has a hydrostatic transmission and mulches. The reviews I read on here about the Cox were written a few years ago and I'm wondering if the Cox had a honda engine in them back then? None of the new Cox mowers that I can see have Honda engines. So what I want to know is, is the current Cox mower that I'm going to buy with a Briggs and Stratton engine as good as the older Cox mowers that are reviewed on here a few years ago? Or should I buy a well maintained older Cox secondhand that may have a Honda engine? Any informed advice is appreciated.

Default Re: Cox Ride On Mowers Are They Are They Still Worth Getting

Hi Blair,

Nothing wrong with B&S engines. The key has always been to change the oil/filter regularly as with any small engine.
    I’ve got the previous Greenfield with a B&S engine nearly done 500 hours and still going strong with no issues. Oil/filter are changed every 25hrs, parts are cheap.

Having said that, I’m sure you’ll get mixed thoughts from others.

Tony

l still own a Cox, my 2nd, both with Briggs....given the choice l'd go for briggs every time

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Thank you Tony and Redeye. That's great news.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post
    I have a few, four weekly, fairly well maintained, mulching, bigger lawns that I want to start mowing with a ride on to help rest my tired legs. I need the smaller tractor style ride on because it's all I will be able to carry on my small truck. I read on here Cox and Greenfield are both good. I decided to go with the Cox that has a hydrostatic transmission and mulches. The reviews I read on here about the Cox were written a few years ago and I'm wondering if the Cox had a honda engine in them back then? None of the new Cox mowers that I can see have Honda engines. So what I want to know is, is the current Cox mower that I'm going to buy with a Briggs and Stratton engine as good as the older Cox mowers that are reviewed on here a few years ago? Or should I buy a well maintained older Cox secondhand that may have a Honda engine? Any informed advice is appreciated.
    I have had 2, both B&S. Can't complain about them.

I had an older Greenfield. Built strong as are the Cox. I used to plow although slowly through 3-4ft feral properties with the Greenfield. Only had the 8hp Briggs on it as well. Worst decision I made selling that old girl.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

I'm looking at the - 32'' - Lawn Boss - 17.5hp - Briggs & Stratton Intek - Hydro

Does anyone know if the the Lawn Boss just as good as the 3500 or 4000 series?

Thanks in advance.

my lawnboss is a weapon, l've worn out 1 engine & deck and it still cuts perfectly

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

GOOD NEWS REDEYE. THINK I'LL GO THE LAWN BOSS with Briggs and Stratton 17.5hp then. Another thing, for ramps I'm thinking Whipps folding ramps. They have 2.5m and 3m. I want the 3m ones but they won't fit in the truck. Do you know if the 2.5m ramps will be long enough? The height of the tray of my truck is about 77cm

l doubt if 2.5m would be long enough, it might not be enough for the deck? Hopefully someone else will answer.....maybe join the facebook group "Lawn mowing contractors - Australia" and ask there

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Hi Redeye. Joined the group and I'll ask the question. Thanks

I'm looking at the - 32'' - Lawn Boss - 17.5hp - Briggs & Stratton Intek - Hydro

Thanks in advance.
    When I bought my 4000 the lawn boss's looked really cheap build. Maybe it s changed now, i don't know. They went to some grey colour but I look at the website and now they are all red. You probably won't get the more commercial engine on the lawn boss. The old green lawn boss I had was good quality, wish i had of kept it.

Thanks in advance.
    Just read your post again. The lawn boss comes with 15HP PowerBOSS single cylinder engine whereas your saying your going with 17.5 Intek which is the engine on the 3500/4000 so maybe i misunderstood you but yeah the Intek engine is the more robust i would think.

limited edition?.... https://mowercentre.com.au/product/r...-lawn-boss-32/ nothing wrong with more grunt

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I know the info is on this forum somewhere but I don't know where. Can anyone recommend a decent pair of bluetooth earmuffs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast