Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Digital Radio Headset

Default Digital Radio Headset

Had a 3M Peltor radio headset for last 10 yrs which was great going. The black n yellow am/fm one with manual tune and antenna.
    It was playing up, so dismantled 3 times and checked circuit board and did some bypass circuitry wiring without any improvement. (Did Physics at RMIT)

So ordered the Au frequency tuned Peltor Worktunes Pro Am/Fm from a SA safety shop some $40 cheaper than my local Blackwoods store wanted. Plus Blackwoods had to order them if had proceed with an order.

These headsets are darn good just like the reviewers had said. The unit talks to in a soft female voices to announce instructions ie station tuned to and various other things. Can wear a brim hat over them like the previous model and much better without antenna in the new model. Build is solid, comfy and great sound whilst using 2XAA batteries.
    Almost bought the cheaper $99 lime green ones from TotalTools, glad I didn’t.

Seriously if your after a decent digital radio headset look no further than Peltor Worktunes Pro

Edit: yes I did pass Physics
    Cheers Garry

Default Re: Digital Radio Headset

Then on the other hand might be best to keep what $$'s you have in the bank and use what you have.
    Lost some fortnightly higher $$ work today for a long time. It needs international flights plus combination of interstate flights to restart before I would be re-engaged, now that gona be a very long time away event. lol
    Cheers Garry

Thumbs up Re: Digital Radio Headset

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Had a 3M Peltor radio headset for last 10 yrs which was great going. The black n yellow am/fm one with manual tune and antenna.
    It was playing up, so dismantled 3 times and checked circuit board and did some bypass circuitry wiring without any improvement. (Did Physics at RMIT)

So ordered the Au frequency tuned Peltor Worktunes Pro Am/Fm from a SA safety shop some $40 cheaper than my local Blackwoods store wanted. Plus Blackwoods had to order them if had proceed with an order.

These headsets are darn good just like the reviewers had said. The unit talks to in a soft female voices to announce instructions ie station tuned to and various other things. Can wear a brim hat over them like the previous model and much better without antenna in the new model. Build is solid, comfy and great sound whilst using 2XAA batteries.

Seriously if your after a decent digital radio headset look no further than Peltor Worktunes Pro

I didnt do physics at all!!! Mine stopped working after I ran over them taking the ride on off the trailer last week. No need to dismantle as one side was destroyed.
    Hard to sit on the ride on without some music. Time for a new pair

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    I didnt do physics at all!!! Mine stopped working after I ran over them taking the ride on off the trailer last week. No need to dismantle as one side was destroyed.
    Hard to sit on the ride on without some music. Time for a new pair
    I hope you weren't still wearing them when you run over them. They aint cheap either. Pretty **** radio at the moment, nothing but bloody corona virus.

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post

How easy is it to change channels and search for channels without having to take them off? I once had a pair, can't remember the brand, they had a tuner dial which is hopeless.

https://isotunes.com/

Is another good option If you'd rather listen to streaming services through your phone like YouTube music or Spotify etc or there's even radio apps if you have to have radio. Plus you can take calls on the go

Steveo,

There's three rubberised buttons vertically placed and the Centre button is raised and bigger. The rubberised buttons above and below it do the volume, station search in either direction when chasing a station freq.
    I'm liking the lovely ladies voice as mentioned before which is pre progammmed crystal clear softly spoken voice that talks to you when you power up/down, station search, Am/Fm band change or lock in a station.

Controls Pic 1

Controls Pic 2

There is another Peltor model around the $119 mark that has no radio tuner, but does have bluetooth and mic and takes phones calls. Whilst bluetoothing radio stations via apps.
    But I didn't want to go down that path, just wanted a simple hit one button radio on device. The one I got was was $158 which included express postage, $10 bucks cheaper without express. But the way things are now standard postage could take forever.

John you would be amazed with some of the stuff we learnt in Physic's and I did Chemistry as well. Chemisty was unbelievable the sh*t taught in that.
    Still I failed to get the first pair of Peltors going lol, but I did self repair my 110watt Douglas Hi Fi Teac Amp. So must have learnt something back then, maybe some dementia is setting in now
    Cheers Garry

Also if anyone orders one, make sure you have a F at the end of the model number. You don't want to end up with a M model and have Bruce talking to you. lol
    Cheers Garry

I bought the isotunes FREE a week or so ago. I don't recommend as the volume output is too low with the brush cutter going. i can just hear music over the noise on the honda.
    My regular muffs are Tactix from bunnings and they work a treat but are a PITA with a wide brim hat and my boof head.