Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are they now>?????

Default Where are they now>?????

Hi Everyone.
    Its been 9 years in the industry, and this was the very first forum I joined and in 2011 I made long life friends from this web site, and they even came to my wedding last year..
    Everyone that helped me along the way and now im helping others..

So tell me about your journey and how long have u been in the industry.?

Default Re: Where are they now>?????

Mate you have done well and have enjoyed your input over the years..Ive got up 32 years now and probably have another 8 and that should see me...joined the forum in 2007 and learn heaps over the years , early days there were plenty of sh1t fights amongst the members but that was part of the competitive spirit .Now days there not as much input and there are som many other social media I guess but i am very grateful for being allowed to be fully paid up member.. ..my best memory of the forum would be back awhile there was gut called rooboy and back in 2008/9 3to 4 hundred a day was a good day, well this guy ( and i know it was true ) got his 600 a day and surfing by 2pm...he was eventually banned because it stirred up a storm but when you look back he was on the money of how to run a business. It made a few operators wake up and charge a good dollar and work smarter nor harder for sure.
    The journey for me has been great as my previous employment was in aviation engineer/pilot a was a good life but at 33 i had two small kids spending no time with them as i was flying/working interstate /oversees ..so when i started the business it was a godsend for the growing with kids, now i am in a great position of spending heaps of time with the grand kids doing it all over again and loving it..the business side well i was full qualified civil engineer and pilot but his business of ours you couldn't earn the hourly rate we get now...its a job that you can work hard to get extra coin to pay the bills if required..my saying if you enjoy your job everyday then you are not actually working, you are living the dream

Hi Greenie, I started about the same time as you. After getting shafted by droughts & floods in the pastoral industry for most of my life, I started mowing/gardening so that I could keep getting shafted by droughts & floods until I retire.

Geoff, do you remember Impala 63 from the Gold Coast? I used to enjoy his posts on the forum. Heavy Stihl man, but seemed like a pretty cool dude. Not sure if it was you or the other geoff1234?? Impala used to call Geoffro

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Hi Greenie, I started about the same time as you. After getting shafted by droughts & floods in the pastoral industry for most of my life, I started mowing/gardening so that I could keep getting shafted by droughts & floods until I retire.

Geoff, do you remember Impala 63 from the Gold Coast? I used to enjoy his posts on the forum. Heavy Stihl man, but seemed like a pretty cool dude. Not sure if it was you or the other geoff1234?? Impala used to call Geoffro
    yep i was the geoffro lol funny man...

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    yep i was the geoffro lol funny man...
    was it Happymowing that got booted.?

30'ish years, def a lot quieter here now....need a couple like roo & imp to liven it up again

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

haha, forgot about happy, his posts with capital letters everywhere...

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    jesus back in the day there were heaps of sacking bloody Dean was on his toes for sure.....Roo certainly got things flying but there were few others that sh1t stirred , we all had a crack i suppose but certainly quieter now days..there is another forum that ive looked at the australian lawn mowing and its not bad very much like us with knowledge although we still have a heaps of guys on here that offer so much and we need to get it going again..The other lawn mowing site is closed to outsiders so you have register with your abn so theres no lurkers..I still have a soft spot for this forum being in it so long and would be nice as i said before to get it going like the old days....

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    I never forgot about happy, he's with me every time the ladder comes out.

Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    I never forgot about happy, he's with me every time the ladder comes out.

Cheers Fred.
    Time flies.
    I never forget Simmo either, lol

I joined in 2005, i remember a guy named Tony, sold off his business and gear, bought a truck and couldnt get any work. Always thought that was a brave thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    jesus back in the day there were heaps of sacking bloody Dean was on his toes for sure.....Roo certainly got things flying but there were few others that sh1t stirred , we all had a crack i suppose but certainly quieter now days..there is another forum that ive looked at the australian lawn mowing and its not bad very much like us with knowledge although we still have a heaps of guys on here that offer so much and we need to get it going again..The other lawn mowing site is closed to outsiders so you have register with your abn so theres no lurkers..I still have a soft spot for this forum being in it so long and would be nice as i said before to get it going like the old days....
    another good bloke or two were Bluey never took any BS and me old mate hustler ...and there was geejay and the bloke from tassie that was so knowledgable about round up ...the list goes on and on

arfa brayne was good value for the honda guys

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Good one Greenie, been a member since 09 when I started up back in QLD, moved down here later that year and must say it was this forum and the guys I met from it that got me through that initial year and many since. I was welcomed down here despite being a Qlder and still to this day chat with a few guys from here every week.

Those years 2009-2013 or so were great fun on here, Impala was a classic, best typos you have ever seen and after reading his replies for awhile you could understand what he was saying, that roored incident was classic yes probably the highlight for many, really stirred up the industry (well our sector of it).

Only came back on here to see how everyone was going through this f*cking virus and it's great to see lots of familiar names on here. Picked up where we left off.

Hope you're all well and doing well.

Hi Andy, I think you were one of the first to welcome me when I first joined.

Yes the $600 by lunchtime was industry standard, and soon after if you didn't have a Malloo pulling your trailer you weren't doing it right. Was that MowerRob?

There was a bit of friction with the Jim's for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast