Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Going from ute to a van

Default Going from ute to a van

Anyone got any thoughts on what to look out for or any "gotcha's" when working from a van, I've sold my cab chassis ute and am going to get a van, thinking I'll deck it out to quickly convert it to a weekend camper van to shoot up the coast for a night or two on the weekends.
    Cons would be green waste removal, bit harder I presume to load the odd branch or bundle of weeds, clippings etc , and don't want to leave them enclosed in van overnight for condensation reasons.
    Another con would be van would smell of fuels and oils all the time??
    Anything else I'm missing?
    Cheers
    Cert' II & Cert' III Arboriculture
    Carpenter & Property Maintenance
    www.bluewatermaintenance.com.au

Default Re: Going from ute to a van

Quote Originally Posted by Woodchip View Post
    Anyone got any thoughts on what to look out for or any "gotcha's" when working from a van, I've sold my cab chassis ute and am going to get a van, thinking I'll deck it out to quickly convert it to a weekend camper van to shoot up the coast for a night or two on the weekends.
    Cons would be green waste removal, bit harder I presume to load the odd branch or bundle of weeds, clippings etc , and don't want to leave them enclosed in van overnight for condensation reasons.
    Another con would be van would smell of fuels and oils all the time??
    Anything else I'm missing?
    Cheers
    We have a 2016 Hyundai iload van is great on fuel [ mildura to melbourne]500 + kms on half a tank of diesel
    easily fits a double bed in the back.you can get cargo area sectioned off to prevent fuel fumes etc .hope this helps
    small compact trailer maybe

I've been looking into the iLoad vans and hear good things about them. I'll need a row of back seats, so the blocked off barrier is out, think I might be able to get away with an airtight'ish cargo box for all the fuels, oils, chemicals etc.
    Loading the mowers into the wife's Captiva at the moment, look like a real "Beer Money Bob", lol.
    Cert' II & Cert' III Arboriculture
    Carpenter & Property Maintenance
    www.bluewatermaintenance.com.au

I have moved over to an Iload after the dual cab got stolen.

Absolutely love it. Everything is safely hidden inside, away from view. I have a ramp attached to the side to load the mower in and out from the sliding door. I attach a trailer when I need to take waste away or can just leave the trailer at home.

It has a dual battery system running a fridge to keep refreshments cold.

Plenty of room to store the gear and I have mounted my ladder to the inside of the roof. I have a solid cargo barrier to keep the fumes away.

Well worth the change.

Cheers Greg