Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Lawn Edger

Default Lawn Edger

Hi Guys,

Anyone recommend a half decent lawn edger..? Don’t have a lot of use for them but do get the odd feral overgrown over gutters etc.

Tried the Atom and not a real fan so thinking the walk behind type. Ie Parklander..?

Default Re: Lawn Edger

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    Hi Guys,

Anyone recommend a half decent lawn edger..? Don’t have a lot of use for them but do get the odd feral overgrown over gutters etc.

Tried the Atom and not a real fan so thinking the walk behind type. Ie Parklander..?
    I think you will find the Atom works a little better when you dont walk in front of it.

Pissa...:laughing laughing:

I’ll remember that.!

I have an Atom, but rarely use it.
    I use the edger attachment with the Stihl Kombi if I have much overgrown edges to do.
    Usually just use the line trimmer though.

Hi Guys,

After having the wheeled edgers most end up with something like a honda versatool or stihl combi.If it's for occasional use a attachment saves carrying the bigger machine plus using through out the day as a trimmer then going over to a edging tool you'll always know it's reliable.When it comes to using a wheeled edger to a stick edger they both give the same end result.

Thumbs up Re: Lawn Edger

Hi Guys,

I have an atom - great machine, great results if you know how and when to use it. Don't use it often even though I have heaps of long edging at many commercial properties.

The 3 wheeled type I believe you may have been talking about. Probably only want one if you know you need to use it regularly ie weekly. Bigger and bulkier than the Atom.
    The Atom is bigger and bulkier than a kombi attachment. That's why most of us don't carry and use it all the time.
    If you only need it occasionally then go for an attachment to your multi tool. With any of them if you learn to use them properly you will get results
    Most of us want to get around with minimal equipment. Less space, less cost, less maintenance

Extreme edging,i don't think those 3 or 4 wheeled edgers could handle this as fast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJyObmrnrsY

Thanks to all the responses. Pretty much had the same thoughts as all of you.

I’ve actually used the golden edge that a colleague of mine owns.

Pluses - rips through it like crazy in no time.!
    Negatives - throws out an enormous amount of debris so big risk around cars, windows and of course, people!

Thanks to all the responses. Pretty much had the same thoughts as all of you.

I’ve actually used the golden edge that a colleague of mine owns.

Pluses - rips through it like crazy in no time.!
    Negatives - throws out an enormous amount of debris so big risk around cars, windows and of course, people!
    It's handy to have the golden edge on standby when needed,had one for the past few years and only used it twice.Normally just a standard metal blade handles most overgrown stuff.Me i buy anything out there that makes my job easier or faster.

Have a look around for a second hand victa tilt a cut. I have an atom as well and much prefer the victa.

Straight shaft edger attachment on Kombi for me. I find it much more maneuverable and quicker around curves and corners than the 3 wheel edger I used to use. Takes up less floor space in the trailer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankitup View Post
    Straight shaft edger attachment on Kombi for me. I find it much more maneuverable and quicker around curves and corners than the 3 wheel edger I used to use. Takes up less floor space in the trailer too.
    What brand and model are you using im having trouble finding a straight shaft edge, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    What brand and model are you using im having trouble finding a straight shaft edge, thanks
    Stihl.

The straight shaft edger attachment is here .... https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...e-Trimmer.aspx

The other attachment I recommend is this ... https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...e-Trimmer.aspx