Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face Masks and wearing Glasses

Default Face Masks and wearing Glasses

Ok, today was my first day back at work after a minor op, and first day wearing a face mask (Victoria), I also wear glasses. Well it was a clear day, but anyone seeing me would have thought it was foggy.

Has anyone found a solution to your glass's fogging up while wearing a face mask, its even worse when wearing safety glasses over top of your normal ones. I ended up mowing without my glasses, but that was a blur because of my eye sight.

Any suggestions.

Very Helpful Member
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Default Re: Face Masks and wearing Glasses

Had the exact same problem. Bought a face shield form Bunnings like this. Gives you eye protection as well as complying with the mask rule. So far so good. https://www.bunnings.com.au/protecto...hield_p5821922

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Ok, today was my first day back at work after a minor op, and first day wearing a face mask (Victoria), I also wear glasses. Well it was a clear day, but anyone seeing me would have thought it was foggy.

Has anyone found a solution to your glass's fogging up while wearing a face mask, its even worse when wearing safety glasses over top of your normal ones. I ended up mowing without my glasses, but that was a blur because of my eye sight.

Any suggestions.
    Got Wolfsnout's for all of our guys & girls. Got a heap about 12 months ago. A little fogging occasionally

Wear them while working, surgical type masks while driving & P2 while shopping etc

https://wolfsnout.net/shop/riding-ac...oad-dust-mask/

Any suggestions.
    I use dish washing Derwent neat just rub a bit on the lens and let dry ..rub off with cloth and there you go..find you need to do it a couple of times through the day..funny with the masks i was doing a job today ,opposite were a few tradies doing a fence and stuff and no masks anyway i rolled up put the mask on when i left the ute and they laughed at me pointing saying you ****wit lol ,,so kept mowing and bugger me dead a cop car rolled up and issued fines ...well did i feel good when loaded the ute up hahahah ..karma bus came crashing through lol

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I use dish washing Derwent neat just rub a bit on the lens and let dry ..rub off with cloth and there you go..find you need to do it a couple of times through the day..funny with the masks i was doing a job today ,opposite were a few tradies doing a fence and stuff and no masks anyway i rolled up put the mask on when i left the ute and they laughed at me pointing saying you ****wit lol ,,so kept mowing and bugger me dead a cop car rolled up and issued fines ...well did i feel good when loaded the ute up hahahah ..karma bus came crashing through lol

What a classic.! Probably got dobbed in by locals. Had a similar thing happen the other day but no cops. All it takes is someone passing by and take a photo of your trailer, signage and post it on social media and you’ll be famous for the wrong reasons.

Now that’ll be good for business Don’t know what the problem is with these anti- maskers. Just wear the bloody thing and get on with it so we can hopefully get over our lives being on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    What a classic.! Probably got dobbed in by locals. Had a similar thing happen the other day but no cops. All it takes is someone passing by and take a photo of your trailer, signage and post it on social media and you’ll be famous for the wrong reasons.

Now that’ll be good for business Don’t know what the problem is with these anti- maskers. Just wear the bloody thing and get on with it so we can hopefully get over our lives being on hold.
    This thing is highly contagious. Assume that everyone has it.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    This thing is highly contagious. Assume that everyone has it.
    yes, just need all the Karens to grasp the idea......

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    yes, just need all the Karens to grasp the idea......
    trouble is Vics have too many Karens and even kevins..cant believe we have so many fckheads here and until we lock these arrogant pricks up will never get rid of these high numbers..one good thing our new chief of police is not stuffing around ,the dumb ***** that snubbed and laughed her way through a road block got her up desserts ..the coppers tract her down in the next couple of days and she again refused to wind the window down and give her name , so they smashed the window and arrested her..now up before the court and is getting the book thrown at her for big fines..at last we may have a head cop thats going to whip this state back into shape..We suffered long years of weak coppers when NSW sent down ms Nixon ..lets hope it will change

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    trouble is Vics have too many Karens and even kevins..cant believe we have so many fckheads here and until we lock these arrogant pricks up will never get rid of these high numbers..one good thing our new chief of police is not stuffing around ,the dumb ***** that snubbed and laughed her way through a road block got her up desserts ..the coppers tract her down in the next couple of days and she again refused to wind the window down and give her name , so they smashed the window and arrested her..now up before the court and is getting the book thrown at her for big fines..at last we may have a head cop thats going to whip this state back into shape..We suffered long years of weak coppers when NSW sent down ms Nixon ..lets hope it will change
    It's going to take a bit more than a few cops being hard on people to get this under control now!
    Too many people will stretch the limits when partial lock downs are in place for the second, third, fourth times. Need a total lock down, zero tolerance and the Vic & Federal government to dig deeper into their pockets to look after the people who are really hurting.
    Get it under control, get back to covid normal, (keep masks etc) get the economy going again and throw money at investments such as critical infrastructure, encourage business to manufacture things back in Australia with incentives and tariffs etc(then who cares if my air filters for the husky take 6 weeks to come into Australia)

Unfortunately its the younger generations who will pay for this in the long run so we need to look at a whole lot more to take the burden off their shoulders. This unfortunately will likely be handled like the covid 19 situation. The powers to be wont go into seriously enough to really make a difference.

I'm only a lawnie though, many educated people are making these decisions to look after the average aussie then they retire on a average parlimentary pension

Anyway off to work, hope its a little warmer than the brisk 4c at 7 am yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    It's going to take a bit more than a few cops being hard on people to get this under control now!
    Too many people will stretch the limits when partial lock downs are in place for the second, third, fourth times. Need a total lock down, zero tolerance and the Vic & Federal government to dig deeper into their pockets to look after the people who are really hurting.
    Get it under control, get back to covid normal, (keep masks etc) get the economy going again and throw money at investments such as critical infrastructure, encourage business to manufacture things back in Australia with incentives and tariffs etc(then who cares if my air filters for the husky take 6 weeks to come into Australia)

Unfortunately its the younger generations who will pay for this in the long run so we need to look at a whole lot more to take the burden off their shoulders. This unfortunately will likely be handled like the covid 19 situation. The powers to be wont go into seriously enough to really make a difference.

I'm only a lawnie though, many educated people are making these decisions to look after the average aussie then they retire on a average parlimentary pension

Anyway off to work, hope its a little warmer than the brisk 4c at 7 am yesterday
    Unfortunately, the educated people are the doctors, but the pollies are more interested in economics than doing the right thing for us, the people who put the mongrels there

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Too many people will stretch the limits when partial lock downs are in place for the second, third, fourth times. Need a total lock down, zero tolerance and the Vic & Federal government to dig deeper into our pockets to look after the people who are really hurting.

Corrected your post for you
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    Unfortunately, the educated people are the doctors, but the pollies are more interested in economics than doing the right thing for us, the people who put the mongrels there

Got your point Red and Ian. But ask them that and they will tell you something very different.

Pissa...!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Corrected your post for you

Any suggestions.
    have gone with the neck buff had exactly same issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast