Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honda VersAttach System

Default Honda VersAttach System

Hi Everyone - I've done a search of the forum and can't seem to find anything on this, so apologies if there is already an existing thread.

I'm taking my time to get set up (buying good second hand equipment where I can).

I'm now looking for a Brushcutter and blower as the next main purchases, then hedger and chainsaw but no rush on these.

Does anyone use Honda's VersAttach system?

https://powerequipment.honda.com/trimmers/versattach

Any recommendations?

My feeling is that it's great for reducing the amount of stuff to cart around, but maybe not always the best tool for the job?

Any advice appreciated!

Default Re: Honda VersAttach System

Having a multi tool set up is fine if you use it to trim or edger attachment,then a second trimmer if for any reason one stops working as back up.Those Honda 4st are quite heavy at 6.5kg.
    https://powerequipment.honda.com.au/...rden/versatool

i run the 25cc honda's, have 2 powerheads, 1 x weedeater,chainsaw & hedge trimmer(long one).also have 39 inch extn . having 2 powerheads means if i have a big job & have person with me we can both be cutting to save time, or if by myself have chainsaw on 1 powerhead & hedger on other, so no swapping attachments. u dont really need the 35cc motor, unless u r weed eating overgrown sections.
    just make sure u change oil regularly, 80ml max in 25cc motor.
    make sure u buy these new, as it will be cheaper then buying 2nd hand then servicing it.

there's only one brand l'd avoid for multi tools - Honda. Heavy as buggery, need to set valve clearances, change the oil every 20hrs or so. If you're on a big hedging job with a long reach hedger, its all about the weight....same with long chainsaws

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Been there done that. Honda’s are heavy, throttle problems, carby rebuilds, oil changes. Don’t get me wrong it’s good gear but a PITA.

They also don’t like hot weather. 30 degree day and good luck starting it.

Very Helpful Member

on a side note regarding blowers if/when you can it may be worth looking in Bunnings not that long ago they had the Echo PB2520 reduced to clear in both Scoresby and Vermont south at around the $200 mark ( note this is not the one they have on their website ) last time I was in one of these stores ( can't remember which ) they had none on the shelf but I noticed to boxes sitting on the top storage shelf
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

yeah, dont recommend honda either .have used husky over the last 8 years

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Having a multi tool set up is fine if you use it to trim or edger attachment,then a second trimmer if for any reason one stops working as back up.Those Honda 4st are quite heavy at 6.5kg.
    https://powerequipment.honda.com.au/...rden/versatool
    Thanks for the advice - looks like the Honda stand alone hedger is that weight as well... OK another thing to consider!

Quote Originally Posted by stptow View Post
    i run the 25cc honda's, have 2 powerheads, 1 x weedeater,chainsaw & hedge trimmer(long one).also have 39 inch extn . having 2 powerheads means if i have a big job & have person with me we can both be cutting to save time, or if by myself have chainsaw on 1 powerhead & hedger on other, so no swapping attachments. u dont really need the 35cc motor, unless u r weed eating overgrown sections.
    just make sure u change oil regularly, 80ml max in 25cc motor.
    make sure u buy these new, as it will be cheaper then buying 2nd hand then servicing it.

Sounds great - thank you. I was looking at a second hand one but might stick to new for this. And good to know that the 25cc is good - either for this or the stand alone brushcutter

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    there's only one brand l'd avoid for multi tools - Honda. Heavy as buggery, need to set valve clearances, change the oil every 20hrs or so. If you're on a big hedging job with a long reach hedger, its all about the weight....same with long chainsaws
    Cheers Redeye - I'm keen on the Honda for a brushcutter... maybe laziness but I'm wanting all of my equipment to be 4-stroke, but I see the Honda brushcutter is also the same weight.

I recall reading a little while ago on this forum that Sthill had a good battery powered hedger so I might do some research into that

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    on a side note regarding blowers if/when you can it may be worth looking in Bunnings not that long ago they had the Echo PB2520 reduced to clear in both Scoresby and Vermont south at around the $200 mark ( note this is not the one they have on their website ) last time I was in one of these stores ( can't remember which ) they had none on the shelf but I noticed to boxes sitting on the top storage shelf
    Thanks for the tip! I'll keep an eye out

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsuzanne View Post
    yeah, dont recommend honda either .have used husky over the last 8 years

wow - around 2kgs lighter!
    https://www.husqvarna.com/au/product...9lk/967193601/

Quote Originally Posted by 33293 View Post
    Cheers Redeye - I'm keen on the Honda for a brushcutter... maybe laziness but I'm wanting all of my equipment to be 4-stroke,
    33293, two stroke is lazier, trust me. Stuff doing oil changes unless you have to, most good two stroke machines you change the occasional filter and spark plug and that's it for servicing. I had 4stroke makita blowers at one stage and having to do the oil changes is a PITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    33293, two stroke is lazier, trust me. Stuff doing oil changes unless you have to, most good two stroke machines you change the occasional filter and spark plug and that's it for servicing. I had 4stroke makita blowers at one stage and having to do the oil changes is a PITA!
    yep, and setting valve clearances......

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Is this totally necessary??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast