Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Toro Timemaster and other twin blade mowers

Default Toro Timemaster and other twin blade mowers

Interested in hearing people's experiences with these wider twin blade mowers.

One thing I'd like to know is how they don't leave a thin uncut strip between the blades on each pass.

Default Re: Toro Timemaster and other twin blade mowers

I think they have timed blades so they can overlap without hitting.

Very Helpful Member

Timed blades think left blade l right blade- then left - and right l so blades are l- then -l and at 3000rpm the go over the spots multiple times as you move
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Thanks guys. Thought it might be something like that. Would be pretty messy if something happened to that timing system and they hit each other though.

Number one issue is that these mowers are built for the USA market and as such don't cut low. You are always mowing on the lowest setting and because the deck is wider and if the ground is uneven you often get stuck on ground and lose traction. The blades are timed . A special washer holds them in place. If you hit something hard enough, the washer can get stripped of its lugs and the blades clash. This can result in the clogged timing belt breaking. Aftermarket belts are hard to get because Toro won't divulge belt lengths. The smaller belt off the gearbox is I think 26.5 inches, the the engine to blade belt is I think 29.5 inches, and the clogged timing belt is 141 ripples. . No one repairs the gearbox. They simply replace. They cost $120 USD, but in Australia cost in excess of $250. They don't like wet grass, and long grass can also be tricky. The mow result is excellent, especially on good lawns.