Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Water logged trimmer!

Default Water logged trimmer!

Hi all,
    Was trimming some hedges around a pool with very little space to put the ladder...
    Anyway I felt some movement on the ladder leg as it Was very close to the edge so I grabbed some branches with one hand and decided I couldn't get down without dropping the hedger!I tried t ok put it in the hedge but it sprung ou tg and into the pool!
    Anyway is it stuffed now or what to do?
    I oiled the blades,took out the plug and pulled the cord a few times and then put some wd 40 down the plug hole.
    Should it start again or chuck it?

Default Re: Water logged trimmer!

Drain the fuel, will depend if the exhaust port was open but all things being equal it should be ok......make sure the electrics are dry (coil etc)

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Very Helpful Member

clean and dry the air filter,clean and dry fuel filter and fuel tank,leave spark plug out for a while to make sure it's dry then fresh fuel and you should be fine.A few years ago I picked up a Victa super 600 with the 2/ engine the air filter had no top on it and it had sat in the rain for I don't know how long I pulled the spark plug and I think I drained 135ml of water out of it and more water out of the carby let it dry sprayed it with carby cleaner put in a new spark plug and fresh 2/stroke mixed with more carby cleaner and eventually got it going again and have used it on a few ferals since then
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Yay!
    Started this morning!She lives!��