Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: What are your opinions

Default What are your opinions

Does anyone have opinions on our 2 big superpower friends?

I think it was nailed last night when I heard (DSA - Divided States of America) on one of the news channels.

And now this from Bronwyn >>https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other...?ocid=msedgdhp

Where do we go from here??

Default Re: What are your opinions

As long as the likes of Trump are in control, we need new friends
    China? while our happy clapper gov keeps blaming them for covid, we shouldn't be surprised by their reprisals - we're a mosqito on their skin, hardly noticeable from their trade point of view

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    As long as the likes of Trump are in control, we need new friends
    China? while our happy clapper gov keeps blaming them for covid, we shouldn't be surprised by their reprisals - we're a mosqito on their skin, hardly noticeable from their trade point of view
    Can someone correct me here if I am wrong but has China ever been a problem for us. i.e. ever taken us in to unnecessary wars or threatened to invade us. They are our biggest trading partner by a long shot and they are no doubt the up and coming superpower if they are not already.

If our leaders showed a bit of respect to their importance as a trading partner occasionally we may not end up getting swatted. Maybe our leaders should put the cards on the table for a change but that might show there incompetence. China has a long term plan, the US and Australia can't see past the next budget or election cycle. Need to keep them both on side. This is the time to play it to our advantage if we had decent leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Does anyone have opinions on our 2 big superpower friends

Where do we go from here??
    BACK TO WORK...Mow, Whipsnip and blow. You CANT go anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Can someone correct me here if I am wrong but has China ever been a problem for us. i.e. ever taken us in to unnecessary wars or threatened to invade us. They are our biggest trading partner by a long shot and they are no doubt the up and coming superpower if they are not already.

If our leaders showed a bit of respect to their importance as a trading partner occasionally we may not end up getting swatted. Maybe our leaders should put the cards on the table for a change but that might show there incompetence. China has a long term plan, the US and Australia can't see past the next budget or election cycle. Need to keep them both on side. This is the time to play it to our advantage if we had decent leadership.
    All Australian troops stationed up in our Northern states have been moved out for some time now and were replaced by U.S. troops with latest surveillance equipment,what does that tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post

Even our cousins across the Tasman think we are out of line!!

Maybe not Steveo, but your kids and theirs may think quite different to you!