Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Invoicing

Ricey

Default Invoicing

G,Day All,
    Looking to start up my own lawn mowing business on the Suneshine Coast in the coming few weeks and being new to this industry I just want to ask the question as to how others handled the invoicing process when you started up.Was it a professionaly designed invoice book or just a carbon copy book with a business stamp?.

bigG

Default Re: Invoicing

i use a carbon book from officeworks with a stamp myself

oh and welcome

Very Helpful Member

invoice book with a stamp. name,address,mobile and abn you can buy self inking stamps that you make up yourself so then you can include anything you want on the stamp and there is enought blanks to do more than one stamp

Senior Member twin_cities_lawncare's Avatar

Our invoicing is done on the computer at home, at the end of each work day usually. We have Quicken software that you can set up templates with, and any quote/estimate can be converted to an invoice in 2 seconds flat. You can also use it to record payments and see what invoices are outstanding etc. It also can be used for recording your expenses and working out your BAS etc., so it's a versatile piece of software. I'm sure there are lots of other similar products out there too.
    In contrast, the cash receipts we have are in simple carbon copy books stamped with our business details, *GST incl* stamp, etc, but to save us some time, I reckon we might get them professionally printed once we get to 1000...only 200 more to go!!!
    Cheers
    Ciao for now ~ Christine
    senior partner of "Townsville Lawn Care"

"Twin Cities Lawncare" was re-named in 2008
    due to the amalgamation of two local councils -
    Due to confusion of previous/current business name,
    I'm opting to post in here as Christine Wharton now

I have a lap top and small printer with me and run two batterys out of the ute (good for camping also ) with an inverter so i can print invoices or receipes off MYOB as needed then back it up to my main computer at night, saves me a lot of time after tea

Senior Member twin_cities_lawncare's Avatar

That mobile office set-up sounds like a great idea Mobbster. I'd be afraid of the office machinery being affected by the 30' + heat that we get here sometimes tho, so I'll have to do it in the air-conditioned room back home eh?
    Cheers
    Ciao for now ~ Christine
    senior partner of "Townsville Lawn Care"

"Twin Cities Lawncare" was re-named in 2008
    due to the amalgamation of two local councils -
    Due to confusion of previous/current business name,
    I'm opting to post in here as Christine Wharton now

Quote Originally Posted by twin_cities_lawncare
    That mobile office set-up sounds like a great idea Mobbster. I'd be afraid of the office machinery being affected by the 30' + heat that we get here sometimes tho, so I'll have to do it in the air-conditioned room back home eh?
    Cheers
    esky is your best mate..
    i keep my camera gear in a 6 pack esky.it rocks
    []

Hi,

I use a manual docket book for jobs where the client wants and invoice on the spot, and a professional computer (MYOB) for all the other jobs. Where I have regulars at a fixed price, I will take the computer generated one and leave that on the day. If by chance they ask me to do extra work I resort to the manual invoice

Thumbs up Re: Invoicing

I use MYOB - most people have an email address and I just email an invoice to them at the end of each day. Sooooo much easier to keep track of things than the old carbon book.

Andrew

G'day Ricey,

Where abouts on the coast are you starting up, I'm on the coast too?

Cheers,
    Andrew