Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: which brushcutter trimmer line ?

Question which brushcutter trimmer line ?

hi all ,
    just wondering what brushcutter line everyone uses for normal garden work, which have you found to be the best . Are there any newer products out there worth a trying.
    cheers Heg

Default Re: which brushcutter line ?

Trail Blazzer 2.7 that what i use and I like it for its price to.

cheers 63impala i will keep a eye out for that one

Maxi sharp great product great price and available at the members store

http://www.indmowing.com.au/catalog/...a034fb0f2abb43
    Last edited by administrator; 22-01-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

I was using the bunnings 3.0 mm , until a mate gave me some of that trailblazer 2.7....great stuff.

cheers wombat, admin.
    i will give them both a try ....

Very Helpful Member

trailblazer or maxicore are both good i noticed the other day that bunnings 3bl drum of 2.7mm looked a lot like maxicore

Valued Country Member Shepparton Lawn Care's Avatar

Wink Re: which brushcutter line ?

maxicore 2.7 5lb roll, purchased from Indy teamed up with "Genuine" Tanaka Head also from Indy. Great Team, Unbeatable!! :

G'day Heggie, I use Diamond Edge 2.4mm for regular light work & Diamond Edge 2.7mm for the tough stuff. The line is about $65 for a 5lb roll in the shop here (SA), but you can buy it on ebay for around $30. Some people I've spoken to don't like the square line as they reckon it causes wear in the gearbox & the eyes in the head, but I've been using it for 5 years & had no probs at all. I also run Stihl bump feed heads on all of my gear regardless of brand simply because I like them & I like to be able to cannibalize for spare parts if I need them I rip the Stihl line off the new spools when I buy them though, as I personally think its crap! I go through about 4 spools a year @ around $12 each. From what I've been told, the sure tap spools cost a lot more than that??? The one drawback with the 2.7 stuff that I've encountered is that it will rip the daylights out of dry, thatched couch if you're not careful when you're flat edging (leaves a big dinner plate sized circle in the lawn ) Cheers, Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by kakegc
    G'day Heggie, I use Diamond Edge 2.4mm for regular light work & Diamond Edge 2.7mm for the tough stuff. The line is about $65 for a 5lb roll in the shop here (SA), but you can buy it on ebay for around $30. Some people I've spoken to don't like the square line as they reckon it causes wear in the gearbox & the eyes in the head, but I've been using it for 5 years & had no probs at all. I also run Stihl bump feed heads on all of my gear regardless of brand simply because I like them & I like to be able to cannibalize for spare parts if I need them I rip the Stihl line off the new spools when I buy them though, as I personally think its crap! I go through about 4 spools a year @ around $12 each. From what I've been told, the sure tap spools cost a lot more than that??? The one drawback with the 2.7 stuff that I've encountered is that it will rip the daylights out of dry, thatched couch if you're not careful when you're flat edging (leaves a big dinner plate sized circle in the lawn ) Cheers, Kevin.
    as always plenty of useful info from kakegc. Never thought of buying line from e-bay. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kakegc

Cheers Kevin , great post mate . thanks for the information . cheers Heg

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSLC
    maxicore 2.7 5lb roll, purchased from Indy teamed up with "Genuine" Tanaka Head also from Indy. Great Team, Unbeatable!! :

cheers Simon , i like the look of that tanaka head. plus indi got a great deal on that . cheers heggie

Lancat

I use the Maxicore 2.7mm with the Tanaka Head both supplied by Indy and highly recommend them. I was using Diamond Edge 2.4 & 2.7mm, a great product as well but a lot more expensive than the Maxicore supplied by Indy.

I was given a roll of Sthil 2.4mm cord from my local dealer and found it welded together and snapped off at the eyelets.

I have been using trailblazer brand line for the past 6 months, i reckon it is the best one i have used to date. I tend to use the 2.7 or 3.00 in a alloy head.

Default Re: which brushcutter trimmer line ?

We are currently using 2.7 diamond edge and seems good but haven't really tried any other brands.. How does it compare to the trial blazer round line?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast