Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: which brushcutter trimmer line ?

Default Re: which brushcutter trimmer line ?

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    . Thats like going from soft to stiff
    Lol my girl friend accused me of that once....oh wait I think it was the other way round
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by kakegc View Post
    After years of running Diamond Edge, I just bought some "Trail Blazer" I wish I hadn't

We bought a small roll of just about everything else and are now back with the diamond edge again. Believe it or not trail blazer is second best, some others wore about 10 times faster than diamond edge and snapped all the time

Haven't tried that gatorline that has been mentioned lately though

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    I'm with you on that one I think I must have used em all over the years and diamond edge wears the best. But I think it is made by the same people as trail blazer
    Yup, made by the same people!

I do that every now & then & always wish I hadn't! Last time it was that Husqvana stuff with the metal core. I cut 2 lawns with it & ripped it out of the whip. Gave the role to a neighbour. I wonder if he wants 3lb of Trail Blazer lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    I'm "surprised" to put it mildly that some of you use anything under 3mm. I started out on 2.7 but after stepping up to 3.3, well, I'd never go back. Its like going from a 19" mower to a 22"
    I think geographical location/customer demographic has a lot to do with it. The bigger diameter line is obviously very good stuff, but contractors are pretty much expected to "sharp" edge lawns here as well as flat edging. The norm is 2.4 on regular cuts. I like 2.7, but I am the 1st to admit that my edges have a bigger "grove" around them than the guys who use 2.4, especially the fussy ones. There again, my line lasts me longer

Any bigger & I'd probably have a pretty ugly space between paths/kerbs/driveways.

On feral clean ups, or slashing jobs, well.......... that's a different story! The biggest line the clutch can handle!

Aussie Re: which brushcutter trimmer line ?

You Can buy Trailblazer and Diamond Edge as well from Dean just give him a ring. 1800501662

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Did you know that nylon has a high

moisture content and should be stored

in a cool place or left in a bucket of

water. Nylon, if left on spools or exposed

to direct sunlight, can go brittle VERY QUICKLY

MY SUGGESTION FOR TOP PERFORMANCE OUT OF ANY TRIMMER LINE IS TO LEAVE YOUR ROLL IN A BUCKET OF WATER AND TAKE WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE DAY .THIS WILL KEEP IT IN THE SAME STATE AS WHEN IT CAME OUT OF THE EXTRUDER AT THE FACTORY .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

I've actually been trying this over the last two weeks. All it seemed to do was make the line so soft that it wore out at twice the rate as usual. This is with green Trail-Blazer and the red Pro-Scape line. Both 2.7mm.

Has anyone seen this stuff? I got it in Japan and I will get the in-laws to send me some more over, it's very aggresive (the cord not my in-laws) and will bust poly water pipe if you're not careful. I found that out the hard way today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Helpful Member

Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Very Helpful Member

copied from the oregon website
    Any monofilament trimmer line can lose moisture over time or become brittle, especially if subjected to heat and sunlight. To reduce brittleness, OregonŽ strongly recommends that line be submerged in water for 24 hours.
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

That line looks hardcore! What head are you using with it?

http://www.oregonextranet.com/filead...ch__7156-1.pdf

Very Helpful Member

found this on another site

Flexiblade is a super aggressive trimmer line designed to take on the toughest jobs. The patented cutting system is so aggressive, it will cut weed stocks up to 3/4" in diameter with ease. Serrated edges will even handle brambles and berry vines. This line will fit into most manual feed trimmer heads, but is not recommended for "bump feed" trimmers. Avoid contact with concrete, rocks and wood. The sharp teeth can damage trees, walls and fences.

and while it certainly looks great it's not cheap the best price i've seen on the net is about $us80 plus shipping for a 5lb roll and shipping with that weight is a killer i think somewhere in the $20-$40 mark

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmow View Post
    Has anyone seen this stuff? I got it in Japan and I will get the in-laws to send me some more over, it's very aggresive (the cord not my in-laws) and will bust poly water pipe if you're not careful. I found that out the hard way today.
    Yeah I've seen this stuff, I had it when I first started out it's full on! I couldn't find any to replace it and went to alloy heads, I think I threw the head for it out not long ago. It was alloy and was threaded one way with little locking devices. I used to say it'll tear right down to the bone. The head I had for it didn't have the black cone on it like in the video.

Just scored a 3lb roll of 3mm Maxicore Sharp of ebay for $18! Veddy Niiice!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast