Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spraying weeds

Default spraying weeds

Has anyone had any problems using Kamba M in buffalo. Spray instructions recommend not to use on buffalo. I have sprayed some test patches at my place & at this stage it doesn't look to have killed the grass. I don't particularly want to spray a customers lawn and then turn up later on to have killed the weeds and lawn.

Tony

bigG

Default Re: spraying weeds

how long ago did you do those test patches tony.

btw good idea using you home as a testing ground

About 2-3 weeks ago

bigG

well dont know the product myself but i understand your concern regarding buffulo.but three weeks is usually the length of time most weed killers work.so sounds like whatever did worked well.wait and see what others have to say

lethal

IT SAYS NOT TO UE ON BUFFALO DUE TO IT BEING A BROADLEAF GRASS AND KAMBA M IS USED TO IRRADICATE BROADLEAF WEEDS ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHER LAWN WEEDS, I USE IT ON ANY LAWN THAT HAS WEEDS IN IT WHETHER IT BE BUFFALO OR COUCH.
    AND WELL DONE TESTING IT FIRST ON OUR PLACE, IT USUALLY WORKS WITHIN A WEEK AND AT WORST TWO WEEKS, SO WHATEVER IT HAS DONE IN THREE WEEKS, IT'S NOT GOING TO GET ANY WORSE, THE HARSHEST EFFECT TAKES PLACE IN THE FIRST SEVEN DAYS

great thanks for info

I agree with Lethal & Big G, I've used Kamba on it, albeit very nervously & never had any issues. Be careful if you're in a cool climate though! Buffalo doesn't like the cold anyway & if you apply another stress to it on top on the cold weather, you could have issues.

Very Helpful Member

why not just buy one of the buffalo friendly broad leaf weed killers then you don't have to worry

Exclamation Re: spraying weeds

All weed killers and poisons have how to use instructions it would pay you to read and follow instructions .

Good when you have a claim on insurance then you can say i followed instructions i cant understand why the cows in the paddock fell over lol

Why do people experiment after the scientist spend years and years to make sure the product is safe if you just follow the instructions .

WISDOM IS THE KEY

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Very Helpful Member

because we're men and therefor incapable of reading instructions

pity women didnt come with instructions eh !!!!!!! lol but the n there's a saying that : if it's got breasts or revolving parts it will give you trubble !!!!!! hahahahahahaahahaa waits 4 a reply from the lady folk or a good slapping !!! LOL
    1st aid level 2 , ewp over 11m , limits of approach (powerline clearance) , ohs red card , roadside traffic management, chainsaw lvl 1 , woodchipper , fire training lvl 1 Leaves2Lawn Tree & Gardencare PTY LTD 0407569973 [/COLOR]12 inch woodchipper hire , Garden Mulch , Ride on mowing & lawn mowing services , Hedge trimming , Tree removal & Maintenance .

yes i have noticed that with the forum

Quote Originally Posted by ian
    why not just buy one of the buffalo friendly broad leaf weed killers then you don't have to worry
    That's a very good question! I did it when I was just starting out & if there were any broadleaf weed killers for buffalo then I couldn't find them. I did it on the advice of a TAFE instructor that I knew at the time (turf grass management) A lot of the stuff that he said back then has turned out to be................... well,............... not such good advice, so I guess I'm lucky that I didn't kill the customer's lawn! On reflection, he did manage to kill the lawn though! The buffalo was very thatched & he was the only guy I knew with a scarifier at the time, so I asked him to help out & scarify the lawn (about 6 months after I'd used Kamba on it). He killed it stone dead! its a kikuyu lawn these days lol! Experience is a great teacher lol! NEVER & I do mean NEVER scarify buffalo in a cool climate unless the weather is very hot! The customer had this lawn for 30 odd years before this "expert" came along! The same "expert" later told me that I needed to soak a lawn with a hose for 20 mins after I'd treated it with confidor for lawn grubs so that the pesticide would "soak down to where the grubs are" Anyone who knows their stuff knows that confidor is systemic & thus DOES NOT require soaking! In fact it will dilute the pesticide if you soak it! But hey, I was new & believed this guru! The bad news is that he still teaches at TAFE!

Quote Originally Posted by ian
    because we're men and therefor incapable of reading instructions

SEE NO POINT WOMEN COMING WITH INSTRUCTIONS MEN DONT READ THEM LOL IAN

If men read the instructions that came with women what a lovely world it would be

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast