Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Mowing charge for 80sq To 35000Sq meters

coreycolin

Default Mowing charge for 80sq To 35000Sq meters

Can any one tell me what the going rate is for mowing from 80sq meter to 35000sq meter is,
    We are appling for a contract we want to make sure that we are competitive with the price.

Regards'

Colin

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Mowing charge for 80sq To 35000Sq meters

please redefine the question do you want a price for 80 m2 or 35000m2 or everything in between
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

coreycolin

Wink Re: Mowing charge for 80sq To 35000Sq meters

Quote Originally Posted by ian
    please redefine the question do you want a price for 80 m2 or 35000m2 or everything in between
    Hi Ian, The question is what ia the going price for mowing large areas, just say 10000 to 35000 sq meters.
    Regards
    Colin

Think of a price then double it

I work out from my previous jobs how long it takes to do say 1000 sq metres, than just multiply it by 30 if you are doing 30000 sq metres.

You need to break it down to ride on and hand mowing, as the time for the seperate areas will be different.

The actual time will depend on the width of cut, speed, etc of your mower, so we can't give an acurate factor. That is where you need to take previous jobs into mind (with your mower), and calculate the total time taken, than multiply by your hourly rate.

The job I have just won via tender, they also wanted me to use a catcher, so don't forget to add extra time for emptying, and the cost and time for tipping if they want that.