Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heard of this company???

lifestyle

Default Re: Heard of this company???

The term "Advertising" is just a small part of a businesses Marketing mix. All the things you mentioned also form a part of that mix.

Jims is a huge brand, regardless of any franchise negativity. His big boof head can be seen on anything from the side of a van to the side of a pen.

The key is to have your Market think "geejay" or what ever your business name is, instead of Jims when a customer thinks "Lawn Mowing". If you stop advertising or "your brand" goes underground until you "need" work, then the Franchise wins because they are ALWAYS in everyones face.

lifestyle

I should ad, having said that - I am Not saying anything about the $4 ads. I think they are a great idea. But they should be used as a part of the overall marketing mix.

i suppose it depends were one is coming from and going to as a gardening contractor.we see it at this point in time as a individual business and the brand being the gardener,not corporate.if we used our brand from the start with we do this and that,we believe we would not have grown so quick and profitable.yes,buy spring we could start with our brand in ads,we may and may not.jims is a now a corparate business model that started out like all of us,he was called balwyn mowing,and changed to jims to delocalise and expand,in hind site he should have called himself jims services,as mowing is not what hes only about now.

there has been a major shift in the gardening world to what the customer out there expects of gardening professionals.if this shift is ignored it will be at ones peril,that is how huge the shift is.sustainable gardening pratice is part of that expectation.

lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by geejay

there has been a major shift in the gardening world to what the customer out there expects of gardening professionals.if this shift is ignored it will be at ones peril,that is how huge the shift is.sustainable gardening pratice is part of that expectation.
    I agree, one of the reasons indy's should brand themselves as professionals in their trade so as to not reflect a typical franchise image.

Buying a franchise is like buying a degree. Anyone can do it, but it doesn't mean they know what they are doing.

I don't know of many people who are "professionals" in any industry who "buy a franchise". Franchises are typically for those who DON'T know what they are doing and are told the "System" will do the work for them... what a load of crock. Systems are GREAT for duplication.. but they can't push a mower!

black bear someone who talks the talk and walk the whatver , mate we to have been doing this stuff for twenty plus years and you have to advertise to fill the gaps , theres always cream to gather and crap to dispose...word of mouth is good but the advert lets you get the really good dollars...

when i looked at a franchise i was not given the impression that it would be easy.i had the option of buying a existing round or vacant terriorty.they expressed that i would lose clients,this was normal,and the mkting would quickly replace these.one would have to do a gardening coarse that you had to pass.once you were up and running if you had to many compliants they could force you to sell.no i do not think buying a franchise is easy.i think if you are true indi at heart it could kill your sprit.i think the contract and system enslaves the contractor,it would be very disheartning for a person like myself to be in that system.however i have a friend who owns one,i know him well,and it suits him.we respect each others views,all is good.

branding or no branding ,depends were you coming from.i see guys out there all the time with no branding,i see the jobs they do,top class stuff.see the oppostite as well,hey have a fair go mate.see franchises that are smart as ,cool,some are not,so.people are coming from so many angles,just enjoy them,have a fair go mate.

i think with the major shift from the public using our services if we approach it right we will be viewed in a diffrent light.as a very valueable service for sustainable gardening and reducing peoples carbon footprint.this carbon footprint will become fashionable and taxable,nice combination for us.

Plenty of advertisng happenng - but very little response at this time of year!

same here,reponse to $4 ad slow last two weeks-two calls from ad two jobs-one offs.lots of uncut long grass when you drive around.my wife is involved in retail,sales are low,cutting casauls hours and part timers,to the bone,directive from hq.i think petrol price is hurting people.

had a bit of rain in our area,damp cold,may effect the mkt here.
    going to do a one off,then next week its my regulars,tgft.

have noticed alot of make shift trailers around our area.

petrol price is slowing people up , businesses like car washes are slowing and i think we are feeling it too...Thats why i have delayed putting the price up yet maybe when the growing season starts so they have to get the lawn cut.... and yep my adds are very slow also , hard to figure always gets out of control when u cant do them because u are too busy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123