Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Trimmer Quandry

tomartomau

Default Trimmer Quandry

I have in the past had a small lawn mowing business, however I have been at University half of this year and again half of the next year in study.

I have always had reasonable equipment, Honda Lawnmowers etc, but I am stuck on a trimmer purchase!

I have read the other posts on trimmers but I feel that my dilemma is slightly different.

I will do lawns in holiday periods like now until February and possibly in the semester breaks next year, this may include in all probability 7-10 lawns in a fortnight cycle.

I like the 'Shindaiwa' and 'Tanuka' 2 stroke trimmers but in the periods of not using them I am somewhat concerned that they may degrade and become temperamental due to lack of use.

On the other hand I like the Honda four stroke for their ability to be used somewhat less regularly, (based on the HRU196) which starts without fault. The only problem that I have with the Honda is the weight.

I would appreciate your advice on what you would feel wold be a fair choice given my circumstances.

I do regularly do 4 lawns per fortnight even when studying for family and friends, so the equipment does get some use, it is just that in holidays I will try to increase this to a total of about 11-15.

Many thanks in advance

Tony

Thumbs up Re: Trimmer Quandry

Tony just put conditioner in the fuel such as opti 2 or opti mizer and you will have no problems at all with the tanaka or shindy becoming tempermental or unreliable through lack of use
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

lethal

Default Re: Trimmer Quandry

hey admin where do you buy opti-2/4 from?

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    Tony just put conditioner in the fuel such as opti 2 or opti mizer and you will have no problems at all with the tanaka or shindy becoming tempermental or unreliable through lack of use

And just start the snipper up regularly & let it run for a while. Most importantly; keep it out of the heat when you're storing it if you can

Quote Originally Posted by lethal
    hey admin where do you buy opti-2/4 from?

COMMERCIAL

http://www.indmowing.com.au/catalog/...roducts_id=343

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

tomartomau

Thanks so much for your assistance, I will purchase some in the next week or so through the shop.
    Kind Regards Tony

Quote Originally Posted by administrator

Just put my order in great price thanks Admin