Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do with doggie doo ???

pbm

Default What do you do with doggie doo ???

Today I was raking up leaves and bagging them when i picked up that I wasn't expecting to...yuk. It got me thinking what do you guys do when you mow a back lawn that has dog %#@& on it. Do you pick it up...not with bare hands, a shovel is recommended. Do you go around it. Do you just mow over it or do you walk away in disgust and tell the customer to remove it????

Pres Lawn

yuk!!!!!! I get a shovel out and put it some were so they get the hint!!!!

Tonyr

If the client is generous enough to leave organic fertiliser ready to be spread out over their yard, I oblige, the Toro can spray it nice and even, I don't even charge extra, cause I'm a nice bloke! LOL!

In your case though, I would get very grumpy....yuck!

Pain in the Grass

Hey!! I went through two steaming piles just today.......left a nice texture on the brickwork......and I didn't even charge any extra.....

GaryR

I tell customers if they have a dog it is their job to clean the yard .
    The odd odd job lot left by the dog I just run over with the mower.

Easycareacres

Talking

watch out for the dry white ones too lol powder dust

odin

the question should be what i dont do with it ....and that is pick it up ......

Brad Hay

Default Doggie Doo's & Don'ts

I haven't got time to stop and pick up dog droppings . Just run straight over it . The real problem is when you don't see it and hit it with the whipper ! Depending on the texture you may well have it spray all over you ; Yes even your face . I use a mesh face guard and it can get through that AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH !!!!
    Nothing worse .

Keep you mouth closed BRAD

pbm

I agree it is the whipper sninner that you have to watch more than the mower. I have often had one splat in my face...luckily I usually have my mouth closed.

Alex Callaghan

You can buy "Dung Bettels" from your local rural bying shop. They'll sort out a big turd in about an hour if you've introduced enough of them. Hard working little buggers.

Suggest the Dung bettel thing to the client and if they wana go ahead charge em for it. You've made money and got rid of the turd sitch for good.

Hitting a biggin with ya whipper can ruin ya whole day! Not a good look when ya need to speak to a client or works provider and ya smell like $hit! Anouther bad one is running over one with ya wheel......You'll be smelling it all day.

Rod

I have finally worked out why my Toro has such a chuncky tread on the rear wheels. To pick up the dog turds until they dry up and drop of in my own drive way.

How could I be so naive?

Tonyr

LOL Rod!

Yep, that sounds like a Toro thang!!

Sure gets in there and stays all bloody day, it will always fall out reactivated where it shouldn't!

YUCK!!

pbm

Not just a Toro problem even the Walker picks them up beautifully and then leaves them on the ramps for me to pick up with my bare hands.

Rod

Beats hit em with the whipper snipper first job of the day.

One way on saving on a big lunch bill!!!

Rod

Beats hiten em with the whipper snipper first job of the day.

One way on saving on a big lunch bill!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast