Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Lawnmowing Tips & tricks.................

Default Re: Tips & tricks.................

Franchise customers are easily spotted as the franchise trailers mark there customers so take note of the address and return with a quote and give that customer a better job and a better price

Nothing wrong with competition

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Mellors

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    Just had a look at this and at the "Squincher" site (http://www.youngersource.com/Sqwincher19.html - where www.squincher.com redirects to).

If I'm not mistaken, IndyMowing is selling for $23 an item which is for sale on the original supplier's site at $52 (US dollars)!

64 oz aprox equals 2 litres I think and 5 gallons is about 20L.

Could you manage a members' price on VB like that please?

yes they call it swan lager

Franchise customers are easily spotted as the franchise trailers mark there customers so take note of the address and return with a quote and give that customer a better job and a better price

Nothing wrong with competition
    I'm quite surprised that you would recommend doing that Admin What you are suggesting could be quite dangerous mate! I know a guy that bought a round off a franchise guy & the then ex-franchise guy tried doing the dirty & calling on all of the new guy's customers to say "hello, I'm back working as an Indy" Long story short, the guy I know has a VERY short fuse & there was some type of road rage incident where the ex-franchise guy's ute got rammed The same idiot tried it on me & started calling on my customers after he'd seen my Ute out the front. I found out pretty quickly, as most customers are pretty loyal I made it my mission in life to put him out of business! Every time I saw his Ute somewhere, I'd go back later & give them a card & a ridiculously low price to mow their lawn. In fact, I'd have cut their grass for free if it took business away from him! He never got any of mine, but I got plenty of his! Eventually, one day at the dump, he screamed uncle. He'd never even waived to me in the street before, but now he was my best mate! I must have made a dent I reckon! He's one of those "my cat's blacker" type of guys, if you've cut $300 today, he's cut $600. All I know is he has well & truly left me alone since then!
    Last edited by administrator; 30-11-2007 at 09:27 PM.

I cut $2000 before morning tea, but i have not got a cat

Quote Originally Posted by Sandgroper
    I cut $2000 before morning tea, but i have not got a cat
    You could buy a very nice pussy for less than $2000, but the ongoing maintenance cost will destroy you....

Quote Originally Posted by kakegc
    I'm quite surprised that you would recommend doing that Admin What you are suggesting could be quite dangerous mate! I know a guy that bought a round off a franchise guy & the then ex-franchise guy tried doing the dirty & calling on all of the new guy's customers to say "hello, I'm back working as an Indy" Long story short, the guy I know has a VERY short fuse & there was some type of road rage incident where the ex-franchise guy's ute got rammed The same idiot tried it on me & started calling on my customers after he'd seen my Ute out the front. I found out pretty quickly, as most customers are pretty loyal I made it my mission in life to put him out of business! Every time I saw his Ute somewhere, I'd go back later & give them a card & a ridiculously low price to mow their lawn. In fact, I'd have cut their grass for free if it took business away from him! He never got any of mine, but I got plenty of his! Eventually, one day at the dump, he screamed uncle. He'd never even waived to me in the street before, but now he was my best mate! I must have made a dent I reckon! He's one of those "my cat's blacker" type of guys, if you've cut $300 today, he's cut $600. All I know is he has well & truly left me alone since then!

Yes your post is about fraudulant and stealing and deception and violence my post is nothing wrong with competition
    Last edited by administrator; 30-11-2007 at 09:28 PM.

Well you will be surprised by this one then lol

Everytime you do a lawn in a street with a regular mow leave a card in every letter box in that street every time u go there b4 12 months is up you will have 4 or more in every street try it

Everytime you do a lawn in a street with a regular mow leave a card in every letter box in that street every time u go there b4 12 months is up you will have 4 or more in every street try it [/QUOTE]

In the beginning I did this for about 3 month, and have 3 regulars within 3 houses of each other, park the vehicle and service 3 properties for 6 hours. Great arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jarss
    You could buy a very nice pussy for less than $2000, but the ongoing maintenance cost will destroy you....
    I think my Jack Russel is all the company i need

Well you will be surprised by this one then lol

Everytime you do a lawn in a street with a regular mow leave a card in every letter box in that street every time u go there b4 12 months is up you will have 4 or more in every street try it

Thats a totally different thing to what you suggested before & quite a good way to do business!

Yes your post is about fraudulant and stealing and deception and violence my post is nothing wrong with competition

All we have in this business is our integrity! If you do what you are suggesting to some poor bastard who has franchise fees to pay, you will not only lose your integrity, but you will almost certainly lose whatever good name you have (which I doubt you'll ever get back) Who wants someone with no integrity in their yard mowing the lawn when they're not home???

Yes, there will almost certainly be violence of some kind involved if you do it to a lot of the guys out there! or worse than violence, you may meet someone like me who fights fire with fire!

Sure, there's nothing wrong with competition, but why target some schmuk's customers just coz he's a franchise????

Let's try to remember that we're all in this game we are in because we choose to be! Franchise or indy (I've done both!) the whole industry will benefit if we work together (please note that I don't mean the tossers who run franchises, I mean the poor buggars who are out there getting dirty, dusty & sweaty just like me & you!)

Quote Originally Posted by kakegc

Let's try to remember that we're all in this game we are in because we choose to be! Franchise or indy (I've done both!) the whole industry will benefit if we work together (please note that I don't mean the tossers who run franchises, I mean the poor buggars who are out there getting dirty, dusty & sweaty just like me & you!)

Well said, there is plenty or work around, without having to create issues with others.

Treat me well and i will treat you better, treat me badly and i will treat you 20 times worse,,,i dont like the franchise system but i have never had a problem with the guys themselves, even borrowed a rake off a jims during the other days tip run,,,,,,

But if you dont say g'day at the tip or ignore my waves on the road, i will be onto you like a ton of bricks

worzel

Quote Originally Posted by Sandgroper
    I think my Jack Russel is all the company i need
    I find my sheep are quite satisfactory
    Is'nt that right Ian
    3 admins -that explains heaps

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast