Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cops

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Default Re: Cops

If you cant drive and talk on the phone at the same time you shouldnt have a licence
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Very Helpful Member
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    Couple of weeks ago a girl at a bus stop next to a customers place was cutting crook at me waving her arms like a seagull, so i turned the mower off to see what was wrong " i can't hear what my friend is saying, you c***. charming couldn't hear what she was saying when i restarted the mower, but the arms started flapping again and the body language wasn't too flash

You should have grabbed the blower and cleaned her ears out.

Simmo.
    Simmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    dicks talking on mobiles while driving really p!ss me off - wanka's
    What he said!.....

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Very Helpful Member

Now that would be an interesting thing to see
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

excuse my cock-eyed typing lol

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

If you drive and talk on the phone you wont have a licence lol

I have three members of my family as Police Officers i also now have new tyres on my car lol

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

There are new laws on Mobiles in cars. But i cant seem to find the updates to these laws?
    Does anyone know?
    Apparently you cant drive and talk unless it's hands free. But what determines HANDS FREE? Is your iphone in a cradle with the speakers via bluetooth ???
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    There are new laws on Mobiles in cars. But i cant seem to find the updates to these laws?
    Does anyone know?
    Apparently you cant drive and talk unless it's hands free. But what determines HANDS FREE? Is your iphone in a cradle with the speakers via bluetooth ???
    This is all I can find on QLD rules:

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Que...px#mobilephone

Using mobile phones while driving

Driving with a mobile phone in the driver's hand is illegal, even when you are stopped at traffic lights. This includes making and receiving calls. A driver may use a mobile phone if the phone is not in his or her hand and is attached to a hands-free kit, in a cradle or using wireless headset technology.

Two-way radios and citizens band (CB) radios are permitted.

Note: There is a ban on all mobile phone use (including hands-free) for learners and P1 provisional drivers under the age of 25 years. There is also a ban on mobile phone use on loudspeaker function for supervisors and passengers of these drivers.

Section 300 of the Queensland Road Rules applies.

My Brother is a copper, I feel sorry for the crap he has to put up with daily. If ya do the crime ya do the time as they say.

Yes there is is some bad cops around, I can tell ya from experience. I got done for speeding on the Ipswich Motorway when the road works were happening at Goodna. 97km in the 80 zone, $270 and 3 points. I was really crook the cop could tell, but was only doing her job. I was actually on the way to the docs at the time.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Different rales for different states. Obviously...
    Quote Originally Posted by djkgrounds View Post
    This is all I can find on QLD rules:

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Que...px#mobilephone

Using mobile phones while driving

Driving with a mobile phone in the driver's hand is illegal, even when you are stopped at traffic lights. This includes making and receiving calls. A driver may use a mobile phone if the phone is not in his or her hand and is attached to a hands-free kit, in a cradle or using wireless headset technology.

Two-way radios and citizens band (CB) radios are permitted.

Note: There is a ban on all mobile phone use (including hands-free) for learners and P1 provisional drivers under the age of 25 years. There is also a ban on mobile phone use on loudspeaker function for supervisors and passengers of these drivers.

Section 300 of the Queensland Road Rules applies.

My Brother is a copper, I feel sorry for the crap he has to put up with daily. If ya do the crime ya do the time as they say.

Yes there is is some bad cops around, I can tell ya from experience. I got done for speeding on the Ipswich Motorway when the road works were happening at Goodna. 97km in the 80 zone, $270 and 3 points. I was really crook the cop could tell, but was only doing her job. I was actually on the way to the docs at the time.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

In Vic, as long as you have the mobile in a purpose built hands free bracket you are fine. Interestingly enough, you can receive a txt just not look at it but if appears on the screen automatically as per some iPhones it is illegal.

I do garden services at a local chain takeaway drive through and see many people driving with a burger in hand and fries in the other straight out onto the main road or lapping on an icecream cone..
    But the ones you see driving with a dog on there lap hanging out the window sh!ts me the most...
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Does anyone know?
    This topic came up a few times on Fox FM in the last couple of months in Melbourne. They had a few cops call up and gave a few different answers. They all said that you can't touch the phone while driving (1 even said it can't actually be touching you at all ie: in your pocket), some said it has to be out of reach entirely ie: on the other side of the car. So really by the sounds of it, it's luck of the draw on what sort of cop you get that pulls you over.
    Cert III Arborist

In NSW there was a special on the news about the new NSW laws. I missed it ...
    People were saying we now can't drive whilst talking on a mobile unless its hands free. Cant eat , cant drink coffee etc.....
    Im ok with the eating and coffee but not too sure about the mobile.....
    Last year, I received a call whilst driving on a freeway. He said "This is the police, pull over" ( My advert on the back of the trailer)
    He kept talking until he approached my drivers door.
    Then noticed it was hands free. He said. " Oh, Hands free.... OK. Take care" then let me go...
    The mobile was set up as it is now. Iphone in the cradle. Speakers vis bluetooth.

It's in the Vic road rules as an amendment. When i get back to work ill get my copy and get the details so you can look it up on the net. Basically unless its in a commercially produced phone holder with hands free it needs to be in your glove box or off. As far as the comment ' if you can't drive and talk at the same time you shouldn't have a license', I think we all agree, but the law was put in place because of the stats- ie P plater who is on Facebook, texting and talking whilst eating breakfast and driving a car runs a stop sign and ruins a family.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234