Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cops

Default Cops

I moved the car five houses down from one job to the next as they came around the corner...didn't have a belt on, as it was about 30-metres tops...no amount of pleading and requests for a fair go did any good n( I was still covered in sweat and grass...didn;t phase the fat dyke b@tch one bit!!!)...$225 !!!...tell me how you justify that compared to the crazy **** u see on the roads any other day. I'll cop a fine, but FFS thats totally unjust. I'm still filthy about it.

Default Re: Cops

My sons best mate is a cop they say that certain cops have certain quirks his is no rego and your gone no buts no how because they have no insurance he cant stand it obviously hers must be seat belts still a bit stiff there buddy $225.00 is a huge chunk of money a warning would of been more spirited .
    Ask your accountant if theres a way to claim such items you never know lol

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

no good mate.
    but dont get me started on the cops
    []

Nothing wrong with Cops they have a job to do same as soldiers Fireman and Lawnies

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    Nothing wrong with Cops they have a job to do same as soldiers Fireman and Lawnies
    lol and just like lawnies you get good ones and bad ones
    ~~{Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.}~~

I got done the other week - I answered an urgent call for all of 10secs - just as I drove past and unmarked.... he followed me right into the trade section in Bunnings! He pulled up behind me and then called me over and then decided to book me, he said I should write in and plead my case as I have a good record and hadn't been booked for more than 10 years. Anyway got a letter the other day...sorry but.....

i know a cpl coppers, talked to one today about it and he said the hierachy has brought out the big stick with the traffic branch, because of the time of year, and the flak they've been getting for not being seen on the road.....excellent timing from me!!!!

Got to agree Wombat - since I got done I've seen heaps in the area - and usually they have had someone bailed up.....be careful out there!!

Yes they have their job to do... what we need to realise is that their job is different to what it used to be.
    A big part of their job now is to raise revenue... to get their quota of fines, this is why these days there is no leniency even in obvious cases such as Wombat driving 30 metres down the street without a seatbelt.
    Their job used to be to keep the public safe... but these days the traffic cops are there mostly to raise revenue... I was once booked by a cop for not stopping at a stop sign... I knew he was there, yet rolled through slowly and turned left.... the road was dug up so there was no line on the road, the streetlight was blown so you couldn't see the stop sign in the shadows, and when I suggested to the constable that he was just revenue raising he told me he has pulled dead bodies out of cars at this intersection.... to which I replied that he had taken up a prime position to do so again while he raised revenue, and that surely he'd be better off standing on the corner pointing out the stop sign so people DON"T drive through it instead of waiting up the street watching it happen so he could rort people out of a few hundred hard earned dollars.
    Yes they're just doing their job.... it's the job description that really needs to change.... does anyone think it will ?

i dont have a problem with them at all.
    but i hade a 22 year clean record and got dune speed for50 mts in a car i had never driven before on mothers day this year.
    only had 4x4 for the past 14 years.my car was bloked in i broke a driver bit and had to get 1 from home.the guy i was working for said use his ute 2004 falcon .
    so to cut a long story short .38 klm over
    $690 and 3 mths no car
    i go to court in january next year
    i will keep you posted

[]

Am i in England lol

No Admin, this is Aus and it's real life....and as Hugh suggests the Cops on the roads have an agenda and a quota to work to - nothing more!

If they were really serious about saving lives there would be money spent on the roads, not recovered from them!!

I told the cop who booked me for using the mobile that he was fighting a lost cause, I must see 50+ people using their mobile each and every day......

My sister was driving along shielding her ear from the wind (had hand cupped over ear) when the police pulled her over for driving while on the phone, she told them to look in her bag in the boot because thats where the phone is

Yes i hear you very well i know when im on the freeway doin the speed limit 100k and i see people goin past me
    No respect for the rules and regs of the road no probs
    if i choose to speed and get caught and cop a fine my choice cop it sweet thats the game of life
    Alot of the time i get fed up puttin the seat belt on but i allways end up putting it on cause i can see meselve flying through the window head cracking open as it hits the windscreen lol

I see people every day on the mobile while driving wobbling all over the road lol but let me tell you if you kill one of my family while youre on the phone or going 130 k in a hundred zone or 80 in a fifty zone
    Look out
    and if i kill some one else when im doin the wrong thing i will expect some body to come after me
    as long as we all understand this then its not that bad

For the Cops its just like a lawnie not doin the edges
    that cop that booked Wombat may have saved one of our lives that view this thread you just dont know
    Thanks Wombat

So what is the difference between talking on the phone, arguing with the wife, yelling at the kids, smoking, eating, drinking etc. all distractions from driving..... The cops seem to be able to use a two-way radio while driving, truckies have done it for years, where is the difference????

I realise they are doing their job, but you've gotta ask who is making the rules that they enforce?? And why are there some that will give you a warning and show some understanding to the situaution and others give you a ticket??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast