Thread: Cops

Default Re: Cops

Its called user pays lol

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Quote Originally Posted by wombat
    I moved the car five houses down from one job to the next as they came around the corner...didn't have a belt on, as it was about 30-metres tops...no amount of pleading and requests for a fair go did any good n( I was still covered in sweat and grass...didn;t phase the fat dyke b@tch one bit!!!)...$225 !!!...tell me how you justify that compared to the crazy **** u see on the roads any other day. I'll cop a fine, but FFS thats totally unjust. I'm still filthy about it.

Hey wombat they must have small blocks where u live. 5 houses at 30 metres makes it 6 metre blocks. would of been easier to push it

Talking Re: Cops

hahaha or walked lol poor bigger i feel for you, country copper where i live wouldve let you off, and wouldve said mate cmon you know better whack ya seatbelt on or nexttime i will have to ping ya

poor bugger i meant not poor bigger,, sorry ive had a few, big day

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    I see people every day on the mobile while driving wobbling all over the road lol but let me tell you if you kill one of my family while youre on the phone or going 130 k in a hundred zone or 80 in a fifty zone Look out and if i kill some one else when im doin the wrong thing i will expect some body to come after me
    as long as we all understand this then its not that bad
    Exactly admin. couldn't have said it better. I suppose, whilst annoying and costly, fact is the law is the law and we can't expect the police to allow us to abide by it "a bit but not all the way" just because we think it's no big deal.

The law says you cannot talk on a hands-free mobile phone whilst in control of a vehicle, there is no law about arguing with the spouse or the kids. There is however a little thing called careless driving and if you cause an accident whilst arguing with a passenger you can be charged with that. Motor vehicles are lethal weapons when not driven with absolute care and concentration.

My brother was until last year a TOG officer, had been for 20 years. He still has nightmares about the bodies he's pulled from wrecked vehicles, the dead kids hit by speeding or drunk or distracted drivers (some by sms'ing, talking on mobile phones, changing a CD, on drugs whatever). He has had in that 20 years the unfortunate job of knocking on the doors of parents, spouses, families of those injured or killed by senseless accidents. When he had done this 75 times (think about it) he finally cracked. He has now retired as he just couldn't deal with it any more. He still remembers every single one of those familes, their reactions, their dispair, anger, disbelief and shock.

I'm sorry if I have jumped on my soap box here but I think the police, like nurses and teachers, have a thankless and difficult job and deserve a little more than abuse. It is a truely horrible stressful job that most of us couldn't handle for more than a week.
    ~ Joanne ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS
    Exactly admin. couldn't have said it better. I suppose, whilst annoying and costly, fact is the law is the law and we can't expect the police to allow us to abide by it "a bit but not all the way" just because we think it's no big deal.

The law says you cannot talk on a hands-free mobile phone whilst in control of a vehicle, there is no law about arguing with the spouse or the kids. There is however a little thing called careless driving and if you cause an accident whilst arguing with a passenger you can be charged with that. Motor vehicles are lethal weapons when not driven with absolute care and concentration.

My brother was until last year a TOG officer, had been for 20 years. He still has nightmares about the bodies he's pulled from wrecked vehicles, the dead kids hit by speeding or drunk or distracted drivers (some by sms'ing, talking on mobile phones, changing a CD, on drugs whatever). He has had in that 20 years the unfortunate job of knocking on the doors of parents, spouses, families of those injured or killed by senseless accidents. When he had done this 75 times (think about it) he finally cracked. He has now retired as he just couldn't deal with it any more. He still remembers every single one of those familes, their reactions, their dispair, anger, disbelief and shock.

I'm sorry if I have jumped on my soap box here but I think the police, like nurses and teachers, have a thankless and difficult job and deserve a little more than abuse. It is a truely horrible stressful job that most of us couldn't handle for more than a week.

Nice call.

I was also in the Police for 20 years before taking on this noble job of pushing a mower for 8 hours a day (which by the way is a much better job and rewarding job) I was never one to give out tickets as I was in different sections and never in traffic but I did spend a lot of time doing general duties. I am the first to admit that a lot of the camera work is revenue raising and thats why in New South Wales there are more and more cameras set up. The highway patrol here are not on quotas but if they come back and not have given out and tickets they will be asked what are you doing the whole shift.
    I have been to accidents where a guy was on his mobile phone as he swerved slighly onto the wrong side of the road into the path of a truck carrying a full 5 metre skip bin. He still had the phone in his hand when they eventually pulled him out of the vehicle two hours later. It turned out he was on the phone to his wife at the time.
    I have also been to a simple accident where a pretty young girl ran into the back of a car going about 40 kph. Straight forward accident except she didnt have on her seatbelt. her head hit the steering wheel and she looked like she had gone 20 rounds with a young Mike Tyson (not in the bedroom but in the boxing ring) Her nose had squashed that far in and across her face and one of her teeth was still lodged in the steering wheel. If she had her belt on no damage at all.

Most Coppers have seen these things and when they book you like wombat has been they think what the outcomes would be more than what you have done. Things like mobile phones and seat belts are cut and dry. If you dont do it you run the risk of getting done like wombat was.

The laws in new South Wales have been toughened up over the past 25 years, and even though the traffic numbers have probably doubled in the time the fatality rate has dropped to record lows so something must be working.

But having said all that I will admit that when that phone rings i do answer it when driving and one day I will get caught and I will say "officer this is the first time I have done it, it was a call from my wife about a urgent matter (probably a gravely ill relative) and try to sweet talk my way out of it.

Please dont get on and bag me about the cops. It was just a job I did when I left school and got stuck in there for a lot longer than I thought. I much prefer the lawns even though hitting fresh dog dropping withe the trimmer has its draw backs. Have a merry xmas.

I do feel sorry for you wombal but think about it and try to remember how many other times you have been drving around the back streets from job to job without the seat belt on without being caught.

Great posts Tony and Joanne.
    Certainly without the police doing their jobs properly this wonderful place we live would be a lot worse than it is.
    As a young bloke I used to drive at over 160kmh every day of my life in my car, usedd to do massive wheelstands and burnouts everywhere on my bike, and all sorts of crazy stuff.
    Mind you, I've never had an accident, but yes, the times I was booked for minor things certainly balanced out the other stuff.
    I haven't been booked now for 10 years, that's cos I don't break the law ever... except for answering the phone.... must get a hands free...
    I just do think that these days they're not at all flexible... 20 years ago I got let off with a speeding fine after a cop followed me for 4km and watched me wheelstand away from 2 sets of lights and a stop sign on a big roadbike. He said it was ok cos I obviously knew what I was doing and traffic was light, these days I'd be locked up for that one I'm sure... and probably should be. Yet one cop recently still booked my girlfriend even though he was about to ask her out... is that dedication or stupidity ?

i was travellin down the rd & had to go about 1 kmn i guess & was past by a cops 1/2 way , luckily my ute had 2 beacons on the roof , i saw the cop notice me without my belt on & looked grumpy so i put my beacons on & then walked up to a powerpole with a pen n paper & pretended i was takinng the cam number off the pole :O:O:O hahahahahahaahahaaaa i guess it's lucky ive worked on the roads & power industry & call their bluff !!!!!
    1st aid level 2 , ewp over 11m , limits of approach (powerline clearance) , ohs red card , roadside traffic management, chainsaw lvl 1 , woodchipper , fire training lvl 1 Leaves2Lawn Tree & Gardencare PTY LTD 0407569973 [/COLOR]12 inch woodchipper hire , Garden Mulch , Ride on mowing & lawn mowing services , Hedge trimming , Tree removal & Maintenance .

lethal

Cops are the scum of the earth...They are all ego-maniacs. If they would stop booking people for the tiny little things they would have more time to see the lunatic on the road who is driving like a ****en an absolute moron and neally causing accidents!
    I could go on and on as to why I can't stand them but due to the fact that I may offend some people I will stop here...
    As Forrest Gump says "and thats all I have to say about that"

I totally understand they have a job to do - I just wish they were all sent to the University of common sense before they were sent onto the roads!

the difference between a 2 way & a mobile phone is with a 2 way , you say your bit & then put the mic down whereas a mobile is stuck to your ear the whole time !!! The mic is in front of your mouth not resting on your earhole lol ive had 2 ways for years & know they are less distracting , not saying its a good idea to use them esp in built up areas !! the cops used to book you 4 operating them until a truckie took the issue to court & won because emergency svc's are allowed to use them @ will , i agree the cops are out to raise revenue in more than a few cases but those damn speed cameras are definately !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im all for them operating near schools etc , where people are @ risk , but on freeways etc & having a 3% tolerance is a load of bollocks !!!!!
    SPEEDO'S are often out by more than 3 %
    I've done well only havin 1 fine in 7 yr's as im driving trcuks around everyday while working is good , but i do stick to the limits as best i can
    Cheers all & play safe on the roads this xmas !!!!
    1st aid level 2 , ewp over 11m , limits of approach (powerline clearance) , ohs red card , roadside traffic management, chainsaw lvl 1 , woodchipper , fire training lvl 1 Leaves2Lawn Tree & Gardencare PTY LTD 0407569973 [/COLOR]12 inch woodchipper hire , Garden Mulch , Ride on mowing & lawn mowing services , Hedge trimming , Tree removal & Maintenance .

Quote Originally Posted by lethal
    They are all ego-maniacs.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm not about to try and change it, but your comment above is such a gross generalisation. It's like saying that all lawnies are too stupid to get a real job. Which I'm sure many of you have had someone imply at least once. I know Tim's copped it from a couple of people. Of course you're not all stupid, just as all cops are not ego-maniacs. The ones I know certainly aren't and I actually know quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Wggc
    i agree the cops are out to raise revenue in more than a few cases but those damn speed cameras are definately !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't speak for the rest of the country but in Victoria the speed cameras are privately operated, not operated by the police.
    ~ Joanne ~

Can't speak for the rest of the country but in Victoria the speed cameras are privately operated, not operated by the police.

They sure are Joanne , & i dont think it should have gone private either !!!!
    Release date: Mon 24 April 2006

Last updated: Wed 26 April 2006
    Speed Camera Main

Victoria Police Assistant Commissioner (Traffic and Transport) Noel Ashby and the Police Minister Tim Holding today made public the location of all speed cameras throughout Victoria.

Victorian motorists can now view the location of all speed cameras across the state online (see link below).
    Here is a list of mobile speed camera locations in Victoria >>>> http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/CA256902000FE154/Lookup/Road_Safety_PDFs/$file/Mobile%20Camera%20Locations%20October%202007.pdf

Very Helpful Member

i agree cops are horrible people every time i break the law they book me and i just don't know what to do about it someone suggested that i should stop breaking the law but i thought that was a silly idea
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Very Helpful Member

and i would like to make the observation that if people stopped speeding then speed cameras would become a revenue losing device and the government would have to consider getting rid of them
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast